• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

What the hell. GOW1's ending videos are getting copystriked for "suicide" topics, even the ending where he sees future wars. What gives?

should Persephone's death blast scale above Atlas with Helios's power as she did a lot more damage to the world pillar with it then Atlas was doing with countless hits?

should Persephone's death blast scale above Atlas with Helios's power as she did a lot more damage to the world pillar with it then Atlas was doing with countless hits?
No. Atlas was completely unharmed by the blast. He doesn't even have Helios in his hand at this point.

Which is kind of weird honestly. Weakened Atlas with no Soul shitstomps a Titan-Turned-Olympian who should be stronger than him and Persephone, but somehow requires his power to damage the Pillar, yet Weakened Atlas all by himself not only replaces the Pillar and takes over for eternity, but also brushes off Persephone's Death Explosion that blows up the Pillar.

Well, Thor is waayy less versatile than Kratos in the Norse saga, let alone Greek. Thor only outranges. Hercules seems to have the H2H and Grappling advantage.
And what hercules has against getting paralyzed or yeeted back in time exactly?
Thor Should also be far stronger if we use the codex

Those are wincons for Thor.
Thor is stated by Kratos "To hit as hard as any I've felt" which is a very weird statement. But he's definitely on par with Poseidon and Hades. Who Hercules scales to, maybe even above them.

A holding back (to a much lesser extent than the first fight of course) Kratos Mid diffed Thor while trying to reason with him.

They should be on par. Hercules might be even stronger.

You mean the hammer that's weaker than the Blades of Chaos? Weapons that are fodder in Greece and way weaker that the Nemean Cestus?

Also Zeus was pretty much confirmed to be Stronger than Thor, and Thor was confirmed to be Poseidon tier

Hercules being way more agile than we give him credit for.

No.

At best Thor is Poseidon level given the Codex was also written from a massively-holding back Kratos's view point who didn't even have the BoC and only redlined at the very end by knocking Thor's teeth out. The same Kratos who then matched Thor blow-for-blow and then defeated once he got serious but still wasn't redlining.

Plus, Blades of Chaos being superior to Leviathan Axe which is equal to the Mjolnir, while still being fodder to actual god-level weaponry in Greece like Blade of Artemis speaks volumes of Greek Armanent superiority over Norse.

Bruno admited he isn't reliable regarding norse vs greek
He didn't mean Norse vs Greek as a whole, only Zeus vs Thor. But we both know where that leads to since games take greater precedence than WoG.

He even said to not take his answers as canon when asked about Thor va odin
No such tweet regarding Thor vs Odin exists. And we both know what Ragnarok has to say about that.

I mean in general he isn't reliable about those, he is just the visuals guy
Buddy.

He's the leading animation director. He's not a visuals guy. If you paid half as much attention to the credits of the games you'd know this is as bull as it is common of a misconception

He's directed how every single boss fight would go down since at least GOW2. If anyone has better grasp on powerscaling within GOW, it's him.

Unless you want to ignore all of his statements that clarify that Uranus created the Universe and Cronos whacked him which the video games and their guides and source materials also confirm.

and it's statament aren't consistent (unless gow 4 kratos > poh kratos > fear zeus >>> Thor)
That's Cory Barlog, not Bruno or Eric Williams.

Cory is good with the lore, but bad with powerscaling.

Bruno and Eric are the number one go-to guys for powerscaling in GoW in terms of power levels.

Meant Thor vs zeus mb😭
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It doesn't take five seconds to realize the strength difference GOW3 Zeus has. Zeus is just built different just by gameplay and context alone.

Last edited:

The thing people don't realize about massive scale is that even on modern hardware they are a bitch to animate. Cory himself goes through how much of a hassle it was to actually make the Colossus look menacing as it did while it was so far away from Kratos's point of view in the actual game itself simply because the PS2's hardware was reaching its absolute limit.

On PC, this would likely not be a problem, at all, which I like they are acknowledging and porting games to. Makes no sense to hold games back like this anyway.

credits of the games
In my defense i doubt most people even read the credits
Plus i was talking about norse era games
not Bruno
Bruno also said norse Kratos > greee kratos actually
It doesn't take five seconds to realize the strength difference GOW3 Zeus has. Zeus is just built different.
Point was, when bruno asked about Thor vs zeus, even though he said zeus is stronger, he said don't take it as canon. That does sound to me like he doesn't think he is reliable regarding vs matches like that

In my defense i doubt most people even read the credits
Plus i was talking about norse era games
Bruno is the lead animation director of the Norse games too. Just google him on IMDB and you will see his work. You don't even need to see the game credits, like, at all.

Bruno also said norse Kratos > greee kratos actually
Nope. He never did.

He explicitly stated that there is no old Kratos or new Kratos, that there is only one Kratos, and that he has always been strong as he has ever been.

Only Cory says that GOW4 Kratos is stronger, and he is contradicted immediately by two official Sony blogs, the game and by Eric Williams himself. NOBODY ELSE SAYS THIS. EVER. Even the 2018 novel admits that Kratos was a lot more muscular in his Greek Days.

Point was, when bruno asked about Thor vs zeus, even though he said zeus is stronger, he said don't take it as canon. That does sound to me like he doesn't think he is reliable regarding vs matches like that
That means nothing in the long run, he is only talking with regards to Zeus vs Thor, not the rest of Norse vs Greek.

He has also repeatedly established the long-running scaling chain of Olympians > Titans > Primordials which has existed in the game and its source material in one way or another, that kids tend to kill their parents due to the Cycle of Patricide.

Nope. He never did.

He explicitly stated that there is no old Kratos or new Kratos, that there is only one Kratos, and that he has always been strong as he has ever been.
then this is weird
That means nothing in the long run, he is only talking with regards to Zeus vs Thor, not the rest of Norse vs Greek.
I mean anyways if he doesn't want thor < Zeus to be taken as canon i heavily doubt he wants Thor vs someone weaker than Zeus be taken as canon

Back