• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Bifrost also has Deconstruction right?
It also provides resistance to Existence Erasure for the Valkyries, to enable them to travel physically between the realms, but you still need to be able to open gateways into them to access them. You can't physically access the realms from even the branches of the Yggdrasil tree as Ragnarok has shown us, you need a Gateway.

The Bifrost doesn't work like the Unity Stone does, it doesn't act as a shortcut nor can it teleport you on its own, Freya also notes it's what separates the Realms from each other in GoW2018, though the Void that exists out of the branches' territory is its own thing separate from the Bifrost.

Last edited:
Interesting. Then Kratos and Odin should gain Deconstruction. Heimdall as well.
And we could very well get deconstruction resistance for Thor with this.

Along with other Bifrost powers

We should probably make a list of Mimir's stories and prophecies vs what happens in Ragnarok since quite a bit changes there.

By the way, does anyone have resistance to existence erasure via surviving beyond the Yggdrasil's branches?
When did yggdrasil having ee was stated again?

Hopefully they make a GoW 5 novel and explain it.

How big are the individual Norse realms supposed to be, btw?

Hopefully they make a GoW 5 novel and explain it.

How big are the individual Norse realms supposed to be, btw?
Each of them are supposed to be universal in size with their own cosmos, stars, constellations and galaxies. It's explained in the Norse blog.

From the way Atreus talks here, I think he's saying that Jotunheim was created by the spilling of Ymir's blood (emerge can mean unveiling something that already exists, but that doesn't seem like the case from the wording), and he calls it a creation event for the other realms. So maybe Odin did make it, or at least Ymir's blood made it.

From the way Atreus talks here, I think he's saying that Jotunheim was created by the spilling of Ymir's blood (emerge can mean unveiling something that already exists, but that doesn't seem like the case from the wording), and he calls it a creation event for the other realms. So maybe Odin did make it, or at least Ymir's blood made it.
Well you could attribute it to Odin making it via spilling Ymir's lifeblood, on a technicality. He is the one who killed him to begin with, and it wasn't exactly a easy feat that could be done via a sneaky stab either, as per Odin's own words.

Wait so i am confused
Just finished gamir fight
Gamir was pretty much immortal cuz he souless apparently, so brok is too?
I have no issues with spoilers

Wait so i am confused
Just finished gamir fight
Gamir was pretty much immortal cuz he souless apparently, so brok is too?
I have no issues with spoilers
No, Brok is 1/4 dead. Without a soul, not only does he die permanently, he is effectively denied an afterlife because his soul cannot redirect itself to the Light of Alfheim and ceases to exist.

No, Brok is 1/4 dead. Without a soul, not only does he die permanently, he is effectively denied an afterlife because his soul cannot redirect itself to the Light of Alfheim and ceases to exist.
Oh
Poor brok😔
Then how gamir bs exactly works, unkown atm or what

Oh
Poor brok😔
Then how gamir bs exactly works, unkown atm or what
Garmr is special doggo, basically a plot device for Fenrir. Hrodvitnir is a different Wolf, father of Skoll and Hati, Bruno thinks he already died.

Given how powerful Starkaðr was (let alone Ymir), I always saw it as a cosmic scale battle between Ymir and Odin's family.
Odin refers to it as such, yeah, effectively calling him a literal force of nature, even asking Atreus if he can murder a landslide, smother a storm, immediately calling Ymir as being greater than any of them by leagues.

Both. Jormie serves as a distraction but it doesn't work well, Alfheim's realm tower gets destroyed.
Just to clarify, where does Thor fight Surtr, because all I can find is Thor vs Jormungandr? Unless Thor is also fighting Surtr at that last scene and I'm too blind to see it

That was always weird. I thought they would use Hrovitneer instead of Fenrir, as that's just his alternative and lesser known name, rather than an entirely different wolf.

Trynna calc the frozen lighting bolt created by kratos and Thor volume (trying to find how cold leviathian axe is)
Does anyone have any idea how to find the height?

Back