• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Yeah, I'm not saying he's above fear Zeus (Even though according to the Journal he is)
The journal isn't referring to him being above Fear Zeus at all. It's only referring to Kratos's pre-Hope self, and even that is based on a holding-back Kratos's PoV.

but he's definitely above full power Norse Kratos
But not to the point where the power difference is extreme like Fear Zeus vs GOW3 Endgame Pre-Hope Kratos.

That's not a harsh response at all. That is genuine concern of your disagreements not being based on fact THAT IS LITERALLY SHOWN IN OUR FACE.

Wrong. Every single concern you have pulled up is blatantly ignoring further evidence and actual scenes that exist right in the game that you so conveniently happen to ignore. This isn't me being rude and elitist, this is me calling you out for purposefully spreading misinformation like this.

Also if you played Ragnarok and 2018 to completion and watched playthroughs of both games, how the hell can you just go about believing in these lies and blatantly ignore all these other piece of evidence that is literally within the game itself?

Then you're deluding yourself with your own lies, Weekly. Do you not see how dangerous this kind of mindset is?

Let's not beat around the bush here. Point is, you disagree with the scaling based on false premises and your blatant ignorances of context and other scenes in the series

You disagreed on entirely wrong premises that further evidence then ripped and tore through.
I dont disagree though? I was pointing out an inconsistency between this verse and other verses with identical fights receiving different opinions regarding the standards for scaling. Like i said, i'll ping yall for CRTs regarding identical circumstances between two characters scaling to each other since you all seem to agree with Kratos scaling to Thor, something i have no issue with btw.

Also, accusing someone of having a 'dangerous and delusional mindset' just because they disagree with you over a fight in a video game is a bit much

The journal isn't referring to him being above Fear Zeus at all. It's only referring to Kratos's pre-Hope self, and even that is based on a holding-back Kratos's PoV.

But not to the point where the power difference is extreme like Fear Zeus vs GOW3 Endgame Pre-Hope Kratos.
Yeah I agree that the Journal entry should be disregarded, because if it was true then that means a weakened not full power Kratos can take hits without instantly dying from a Character stronger than fear Zeus which creates a paradox.

Intresting scan regarding the Light of Alfheim
IMG_20221118_201502.png

and one regarding Ares roaring/shouting
Screenshot_2022-11-19-06-21-31-72_a27b88515698e5a58d06d430da63049d.jpg

I dont disagree though? I was pointing out an inconsistency between this verse and other verses with identical fights receiving different opinions regarding the standards for scaling.
This "inconsistency" is easily chalked up to Kratos making a mistake in him holding back against Thor like we have stressed repeatedly. Both fighters at their peak are capable of killing each other if either side makes a fatal mistake. That's all this is.

Like i said, i'll ping yall for CRTs regarding identical circumstances between two characters scaling to each other since you all seem to agree with Kratos scaling to Thor, something i have no issue with btw.
Like Planck said, you can tag us if we are knowledgeable about these verses or if they are actual proper staff (Not me, but mods like Planck and admins like DDM). But do not expect agreements just because we have a similar viewpoint about certain series. That is not how things work.

Also, accusing someone of having a 'dangerous and delusional mindset' just because they disagree with you over a fight in a video game is a bit much
But this is literally what it is, Weekly. You are blatantly denying evidence that you have seen with your own eyes while playing 2018 and Ragnarok, and having watched all the playthroughs you mentioned. That's nothing short of "dangerous and delusional" especially considering how very "in the face" these bits of evidences are.

I think you're taking the whole "past self" a bit too literally. It's not just the mindset, but Kratos's power level as a whole reverting back to his peak self in GOW3.
...What? No my guy, thats physically impossible, its even stated outright in the game that Kratos cant access any of his former powers because his abilities were tied to Greece and when Greece died, his powers were removed

...What? No my guy, thats physically impossible, its even stated outright in the game that Kratos cant access any of his former powers because his abilities were tied to Greece and when Greece died, his powers were removed
Wrong yet again.

Kratos is explicitly referring to his elemental hax in that scene. Countless other official Sony blogs state that Kratos is slowly regaining his original physical might and even WoG from Eric Williams himself state that he is a bit rusty in 2018 and he shakes it off throughout the event of the game

Also, Kratos didn't lose his powers when Greece died, he lost them when he stabbed himself with the Blade of Olympus after channeling Hope through it, sacrificing himself to give Hope to the rest of mankind, much to Athena's chagrin.

By "peak self in GOW3", I mean his physical strength, speed and durability, which is mentioned blatantly by WoG and the Sony blogs.

Take a look for yourself

He 1 shots Thor (Albeit weakened) who had previously taken stabs an internal detonation from Kratos's spear.
Proceded to fight a willing to kill Kratos in a 2v1
Physically overpowered Kratos after he had chopped him with his axe.
Then proceeded to instantly immobilize both Kratos and Atreus
They are then saved by Freya
Odin overpowers the magic binding his neck and the proceeds to fight a 3v1 against everyone.
I'm not saying he's stronger than Zeus or GoW3 Kratos but it's pretty clear he's above full power Norse Kratos (Full power being the highest he can go without going back to his Bloodlusted GoW3 self)

Edit: Upon watching it through again towards the end of the fight he overpowers Kratos again and he is saved by Atreus

That's all from me tonight though, GN

Last edited:
Wrong yet again.

Kratos is explicitly referring to his elemental hax in that scene. Countless other official Sony blogs state that Kratos is slowly regaining his original physical might and even WoG from Eric Williams himself state that he is a bit rusty in 2018 and he shakes it off throughout the event of the game
His elemental hax of...choking heimdall to death? Am i misunderstanding what you mean?
Also, Kratos didn't lose his powers when Greece died, he lost them when he stabbed himself with the Blade of Olympus after channeling Hope through it, sacrificing himself to give Hope to the rest of mankind, much to Athena's chagrin.

Also fair point, forgot that was a thing lol

His elemental hax of...choking heimdall to death? Am i misunderstanding what you mean?
What? Did you seriously assume I was talking about elemental hax when I said Kratos was reverting back to his peak state in GOW3?

Also fair point, forgot that was a thing lol

Buddy how could you, you said you watched the playthroughs and played 2018 and Ragnarok and finished them. 🗿

Then you thought wrong. Also you used the wrong scene, it's the Freya/Atreus, Mimir and Kratos conversation scene I was talking about. They were all talking about the various elemental powers that he had in Greece.

TL; DR, Kratos only retains his physical strength, speed, might and innate resistances from his GOW3 era self, he does not have any of the haxes anymore.

How could i forget something from GoW3? A game i havent played or watched?
You clearly forgot that conversation scene in Ragnarok when you said that Kratos lost his powers.

This "inconsistency" is easily chalked up to Kratos making a mistake in him holding back against Thor like we have stressed repeatedly. Both fighters at their peak are capable of killing each other if either side makes a fatal mistake. That's all this is.
Aye, from personal experience in any other verse that would be more than enough to discredit one from scaling to the other, even when both fought equally and kratos eventually won.
Like Planck said, you can tag us if we are knowledgeable about these verses or if they are actual proper staff (Not me, but mods like Planck and admins like DDM). But do not expect agreements just because we have a similar viewpoint about certain series. That is not how things work.
You say that and yet it happens time and time again, to the point that it is very obviously how it works even if no one wants to admit it
But this is literally what it is, Weekly. You are blatantly denying evidence that you have seen with your own eyes while playing 2018 and Ragnarok, and having watched all the playthroughs you mentioned. That's nothing short of "dangerous and delusional" especially considering how very "in the face" these bits of evidences are.
Im not denying it though? I agree that Kratos scales to Thor, the only thing i disagree with is the inconsistency with how these things are scaled. Stuff like this happens in God of War and people jump to agree with it but if the same circumstantial fight happened in another game (of which it has multiple times) people disagree with the scaling.

Seems like a harsh response for a disagreement of scaling but you do you i suppose

Thats...rather rude and kind of elitist ngl. Ive played Ragnarok and GoW 2018 to completion and watched playthroughs of both games, claiming im just being a 'yes man' because i disagree with you is uncalled for.

Not at all, im 100% serious here, if i werent i wouldnt be saying

If topic banning people for disagreeing with stats were allowed, so many people would be banned from so many verses

No? I disagreed with the scaling of two characters, i said nothing about tiers
If i got this right, odin dosen't scale above thor either, right? Even though he killed him. But lets ignore that. I can already see you arguments against that "thor didn't want to fight back" or "thor didn't see that coming". That's literally what you are doing for thor vs kratos. Lmaoo

Aye, from personal experience in any other verse that would be more than enough to discredit one from scaling to the other, even when both fought equally and kratos eventually won.
It would be if the dude permanently killed the other and then didn't get beaten back. Care to make some examples here that are remotely comparable to this?

You say that and yet it happens time and time again, to the point that it is very obviously how it works even if no one wants to admit it
Where?

Im not denying it though? I agree that Kratos scales to Thor, the only thing i disagree with is the inconsistency with how these things are scaled.
Pretty sure a couple hours ago you were straight up disagreeing with Kratos scaling. What has brought this change?

Stuff like this happens in God of War and people jump to agree with it but if the same circumstantial fight happened in another game (of which it has multiple times) people disagree with the scaling.
Care to give some examples?

If i got this right, odin dosen't scale above thor either, right? Even though he killed him. But lets ignore that. I can already see you arguments against that "thor didn't want to fight back" or "thor didn't see that coming". That's literally what you are doing for thor vs kratos. Lmaoo
Odin scales above Thor and Thor and Kratos scale to each other, not hard to understand

I dont disagree though? I was pointing out an inconsistency between this verse and other verses with identical fights receiving different opinions regarding the standards for scaling. Like i said, i'll ping yall for CRTs regarding identical circumstances between two characters scaling to each other since you all seem to agree with Kratos scaling to Thor, something i have no issue with btw.

Of course there are inconsistencies across different verses lol that's why we don't cross scale like that.

Lemme clarify.

When I said that Kratos was talking about losing his Elemental hax, it was with the conversation with Freya and Mimir (Or Atreus if you do it with him instead). Which you then initially claimed was about Heimdall. Which I corrected with the above.

When I was talking about Kratos reverting back to his GOW3 self and breaking inside because of Heimdall, it was blatantly with regards to his pure rage and the physical brute force strength he had in GOW3.

Back