• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Another thing I noticed is that we potentially have a big scaling problem.
KLOL brought up that in Kratos's journel entry of Thor he mentions that Thor's blows were the strongest he's ever felt, which would include Zeus's.
If that's the case then that means Thor scales above GoW 3's Kratos at full power and that also of course would apply to Odin as well as he beat both Kratos and Atreus at the same time.
That's an observation made by Kratos who was holding back.
And Thor absolutely does not scale above Zeus, let alone 3Kratos. Since he got beaten up by Kratos who wasn't willing to kill.

Loki should Definitely get Dimensional travel through the fact that he literally traveled to Jotunheim by sleeping.
Also Loki is a strong boy, he was able to lift up one of those rocks which block your path to other areas on his own, definitely at least Class 50.

Another thing I noticed is that we potentially have a big scaling problem.
KLOL brought up that in Kratos's journel entry of Thor he mentions that Thor's blows were the strongest he's ever felt, which would include Zeus's.
If that's the case then that means Thor scales above GoW 3's Kratos at full power and that also of course would apply to Odin as well as he beat both Kratos and Atreus at the same time.
How did you come to the conclusion that Thor scales above GoW 3 Kratos?

I could at best see him scale to Poseidon and Hades.

wasnt Kratos’ statement about Thor’s power was “as strong as any as I have felt”? That doesn’t sound like he’s saying thor’s attacks are the strongest to me or is that exactly what it means and I’m just slow?

Just before sleep I had a long thought about Kratos and his psyche when he fights and how that correlates to his performance and experience.

Perhaps this will explain how a fight looks from outside to us players and how a fight looks to Kratos himself in levels of difficulty.

From my observation there are 3-4 general states of mind Kratos displays in fights.

1) The one where he is fighting someone he doesn't want to kill and is neither willing to defeat. Kratos doesn't mind getting clobbered to death or incapitation, he just being a punching bag in an effort to be merciful to his opponent. Any combat done by Kratos more out of reluctance and habit rather than actual malice or determination.

Case in point Diemos from Ghost of Sparta. Diemos stomped and incapacitated Kratos damn near crippling or killing him.
But then we go to Thanatos fight and something interesting happens, Diemos gets killed by single wall smash while Kratos has survived multiple wall bash combos almost unscathed. The actual difference in power here is considerable.

2) Then comes the part where Kratos is willing to defeat or but not willing to kill.
Case in point Kratos vs Baldur last fight in 2018, Kratos while still holding back can match Baldur , but he can stomp Baldur moment he goes Spartan Rage mode. But note he still isn't quite murderous despite the rage mode.

3) Then comes the part where Kratos is actually willing to kill, and how and why Kratos is willing to kill further determines his power.
Let's look at last example to Kratos vs Baldur. He matched Baldur in base and stomped him in rage mode, but when Kratos decides to kill Baldur he casually snaps his neck in base even though Kratos is sombre, regretful and reluctant.
I am sure we can find different fights where he Kratos was much more willing to kill and performed much better as a result without even rage amping.

4) Now we come to juicy part, a Bloodlusted Kratos. Despite one's expectations there are surprisingly very rare moments we actually see Kratos bloodlusted.
1st example, Kratos&Diemos vs Thanatos, the Death God is dominating the fight despite being tag teamed by the brothers, almost defeats the duo and kills Diemos. Already we see Thanatos is a formidable opponent who is stronger than combined power of the brothers, let alone individually.
But the moment Diemos dies Kratos and goes bloodlusted he almost one shots and detransforms Thanatos back to a humanoid and then takes his sweet time in slowly killing the Primordial.

2nd example, Kratos vs Zeus in last part of 3. Despite entire journey of game requiring Kratos to find the Pandora's Box to defeat Zeus. But box was always and empty and Kratos managed match and defeat Zeus without it's power.
For simple reason that Kratos was bloodlusted. First fight Zeus threatens Pandora and gets almost crippled by Kratos, 2nd fight after Pandora's death Kratos finally managed to kill in a epic battle. All the games and the entire story has lead upto this moment, which shown by how much Kratos is one track mind to kill Zeus, the entire world be damned.

------×------
When I put in perspective everything this way, Thor vs Kratos becomes much more easier for me to analyse, because it revolves around theme of rage and bloodlust but also most importantly being "Calm and Reasonable".
It's Kratos displaying his character growth by trying to prevent Thor by going down his own path of destruction. Their entire theme revolves redemption from making bad decisions in rage, taking a step back and being rational.

Now let's look at both fights.
1st fight Kratos is unwilling to even win let alone kill Thor, so he gets clobbered and almost killed. When Kratos let's tiny bit of rage show he knocks out Thor's tooth.
2nd fight Kratos is trying knock some sense into Thor. Defeats him without needing to kill Thor. This is despite Thor being bloodlusted.

We can see in it's not just rage but also killing intent which matters in determining Kratos' strength.
So I ultimately believe while Thor is definitely near 3Kratos/Zeus in a general sense in power level, he cannot hold a candle when either Kratos or Zeus are bloodlusted. They murder him.

Can infinite sky be separate from universe/cosmos/the world?
Yes. It's the Mortal World's sky after all.

EDIT: Unless you are referring to the Mortal World only. Then no.

But if you are referring to the entire Greek Pantheon's cosmology, then yes. The infinite sky belongs to the Mortal World. There are still 5 other realms to consider. They could also be potentially considered the Cosmos so who knows.

Last edited:
Just before sleep I had a long thought about Kratos and his psyche when he fights and how that correlates to his performance and experience.

Perhaps this will explain how a fight looks from outside to us players and how a fight looks to Kratos himself in levels of difficulty.

From my observation there are 3-4 general states of mind Kratos displays in fights.

1) The one where he is fighting someone he doesn't want to kill and is neither willing to defeat. Kratos doesn't mind getting clobbered to death or incapitation, he just being a punching bag in an effort to be merciful to his opponent. Any combat done by Kratos more out of reluctance and habit rather than actual malice or determination.

Case in point Diemos from Ghost of Sparta. Diemos stomped and incapacitated Kratos damn near crippling or killing him.
But then we go to Thanatos fight and something interesting happens, Diemos gets killed by single wall smash while Kratos has survived multiple wall bash combos almost unscathed. The actual difference in power here is considerable.

2) Then comes the part where Kratos is willing to defeat or but not willing to kill.
Case in point Kratos vs Baldur last fight in 2018, Kratos while still holding back can match Baldur , but he can stomp Baldur moment he goes Spartan Rage mode. But note he still isn't quite murderous despite the rage mode.

3) Then comes the part where Kratos is actually willing to kill, and how and why Kratos is willing to kill further determines his power.
Let's look at last example to Kratos vs Baldur. He matched Baldur in base and stomped him in rage mode, but when Kratos decides to kill Baldur he casually snaps his neck in base even though Kratos is sombre, regretful and reluctant.
I am sure we can find different fights where he Kratos was much more willing to kill and performed much better as a result without even rage amping.

4) Now we come to juicy part, a Bloodlusted Kratos. Despite one's expectations there are surprisingly very rare moments we actually see Kratos bloodlusted.
1st example, Kratos&Diemos vs Thanatos, the Death God is dominating the fight despite being tag teamed by the brothers, almost defeats the duo and kills Diemos. Already we see Thanatos is a formidable opponent who is stronger than combined power of the brothers, let alone individually.
But the moment Diemos dies Kratos and goes bloodlusted he almost one shots and detransforms Thanatos back to a humanoid and then takes his sweet time in slowly killing the Primordial.

2nd example, Kratos vs Zeus in last part of 3. Despite entire journey of game requiring Kratos to find the Pandora's Box to defeat Zeus. But box was always and empty and Kratos managed match and defeat Zeus without it's power.
For simple reason that Kratos was bloodlusted. First fight Zeus threatens Pandora and gets almost crippled by Kratos, 2nd fight after Pandora's death Kratos finally managed to kill in a epic battle. All the games and the entire story has lead upto this moment, which shown by how much Kratos is one track mind to kill Zeus, the entire world be damned.

------×------
When I put in perspective everything this way, Thor vs Kratos becomes much more easier for me to analyse, because it revolves around theme of rage and bloodlust but also most importantly being "Calm and Reasonable".
It's Kratos displaying his character growth by trying to prevent Thor by going down his own path of destruction. Their entire theme revolves redemption from making bad decisions in rage, taking a step back and being rational.

Now let's look at both fights.
1st fight Kratos is unwilling to even win let alone kill Thor, so he gets clobbered and almost killed. When Kratos let's tiny bit of rage show he knocks out Thor's tooth.
2nd fight Kratos is trying knock some sense into Thor. Defeats him without needing to kill Thor. This is despite Thor being bloodlusted.

We can see in it's not just rage but also killing intent which matters in determining Kratos' strength.
So I ultimately believe while Thor is definitely near 3Kratos/Zeus in a general sense in power level, he cannot hold a candle when either Kratos or Zeus are bloodlusted. They murder him.
Pretty much this.

Thats what Im confused by too. Is he saying each of Thor’s attacks are as strong as all the attacks he has endured or that Thor’s blows are nothing new to him?
I'd say both honestly. Given that Deimos also beat him down to near death but he then recovered from it, and he survived multiple full powered blows and wall rams from Thanatos, whereas just one wall ram scene was enough to kill Deimos.

Fear Zeus however, is not someone he endured on his own, he got one-shot, knocked out and then killed. He needed Hope to beat Zeus at that point.

Fear Zeus however, is not someone he endured on his own, he got one-shot, knocked out and then killed. He needed Hope to beat Zeus at that point.
Tbh even Hope on it's own is useless.
How powerful Kratos is ultimately dependent how Kratos is feeling. At the end of the day Hope is just a plot device, being a protagonist Kratos will always be strong enough to defeat anyone in his verse. He just has to find it in himself to do so.
it may seem like a silly question but would current Kratos lose to Zeus?
Nope, Kratos wins... But it will be the fight of his life.
Fear Zeus tho.... Nope lol.

Blade of Olympus practically become useless by end of GoW3. Both Zeus and Kratos were swinging it at each other and neither got hurt.... They were tanking the blade edgefirst barehanded.
Kratos had to make a severe effort personally to even stab Zeus.

With that in mind I don't think Norse Kratos cannot kill Zeus, but even if he can't he can certainly win, like he did against Baldur. Although it's an uphill fight.

PETA.

Oh, sweet, glorious PETA.

WHAT WOULD I EVER DO WITHOUT YOU.

First it was Assassin's Creed. Now it's God of War: Ragnarok.

Y'all really need to brush the **** up on your Norse Myths, or stop chasing clout.

Guys, don't give these pet-killing pieces of dogshit any attention. It's just not worth it. It's Twitter, the urge to ******* shit up there is even worse than the urge to lose NNN.

Like i said, ill ping you and the rest of the people here to agree with the upcoming CRTs if you agree with Kratos scaling to Thor
You can ping us if you think we have either knowledge or a viewpoint that's useful (or me since I'm a staff).

But you're not owed people's agreement in CRTs just because they hold a similar viewpoint on an unrelated series. I hope this is clear.

You can ping us if you think we have either knowledge or a viewpoint that's useful (or me since I'm a staff).

But you're not owed people's agreement in CRTs just because they hold a similar viewpoint on an unrelated series. I hope this is clear.
100% this.

you got it

DiAvJ4bUcAACEZ3.jpg
I second this statement.

Btw does anybody know when CRT for gow upgrades is coming?
Depends on when @Theglassman12 overcomes his skill issue of finishing the novels because he keeps harassing me over playing Tales of Symphonia which he claims is stopping him from playing Yakuza plus Leviathan and Mjolnir sandboxes and prophecy changes might need to be kept, IDK

Back