• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

btw the reason why i dont want SMS deal with arabian stuff because GoW greek game already banned since 2013 because there is word "God" in it. Which it's super ridiculous.

Basically without GoW referencing arabian/muslim stuff the game already banned from those country right from the beginning.

So, will odin get his time manipulation and time stop abilities?

Did surtr show telekinesis when he made kratos and atreus flying? Or was that gis physical strength?

btw the reason why i dont want SMS deal with arabian stuff because GoW greek game already banned since 2013 because there is word "God" in it. Which it's super ridiculous.

Basically without GoW referencing arabian/muslim stuff the game already banned from those country right from the beginning.
I don't even wanna talk about the hypocrisy being involved in that mess TBF.

Not gonna happen. Hinduism is the 3rd biggest religion in the world with nearly 1.3 billion followers. At best, they can make a game taking light inspirations from Hindu/Buddhist ancient texts like Asura's Wrath. But even that would invite a lot of controversy. I really want Kratos to go to Shinto myths next though. They're not very controversies at all. They also have feats and descriptions which rival the consistent power level and hierarchies of Buddhism, which is almost on par with Hinduism.
ok so how powerful shinto stuff ?

I think they should do roman mythology next. I just think it'd be funny seeing Kratos react to what is basically an altered version of the greek pantheon.

Also I know Odin creating the realms counts as, well, creation, but could we squeeze any other abilities out of it?

I think they should do roman mythology next. I just think it'd be funny seeing Kratos react to what is basically an altered version of the greek pantheon.

Also I know Odin creating the realms counts as, well, creation, but could we squeeze any other abilities out of it?
the problems is, it would not look good for 3D Artist team since it's too similar like Greek.

Probably space-time manipulation

Wel to be frank they're very physical creation akin to literally carving out someone's flesh so uh... not really sure if anything clicks on my mind.

Probably space-time manipulation
Uranus created the universe and he didn't get Spatial Manip, his feat was literally having the universe punched out of his face. Kinda weird standards we got for Spatial Manip and Space-Time Manip.

Uranus created the universe and he didn't get Spatial Manip, his feat was literally having the universe punched out of his face. Kinda weird standards we got for Spatial Manip and Space-Time Manip.
In my opinion he should. But idk

I finished the game and I have to say, it's a solid 8 but what the **** is with the unskippable cutscenes and long minutes of the generic Sony walk and talk movies

GoW 3 still on top

Just finished Ragnarok and first off Kratos still lives! YAY!
I gotta say though it's not as good as 2018 Story Wise. Overall 8/10
I couldn't help but feel that they went for a different tone in this game it felt more "Marvel'ish".
Luckily the second part kinda picks up the slack.

Does anyone else feel like they kinda just rushed through the Norse pantheon? I feel like there was another Norse game planned after this but they changed it partway through.

Regardless I'm still hyped to see the Egyptian pantheon in all it's glory

Also has anyone found anything that can potentially be used for upgrades?
Off the bat I remember Mimir saying Odin created the 9 realms with Ymir so that's already 2-C evidence

Just finished Ragnarok and first off Kratos still lives! YAY!
I gotta say though it's not as good as 2018 Story Wise. Overall 8/10
I couldn't help but feel that they went for a different tone in this game it felt more "Marvel'ish".
Luckily the second part kinda picks up the slack.

Does anyone else feel like they kinda just rushed through the Norse pantheon? I feel like there was another Norse game planned after this but they changed it partway through.

Regardless I'm still hyped to see the Egyptian pantheon in all it's glory

Also has anyone found anything that can potentially be used for upgrades?
Off the bat I remember Mimir saying Odin created the 9 realms with Ymir so that's already 2-C evidence
For updates there are LOTS of stuff.

I'm really feeling a solid 2-C upgrade based on all the evidence from the past 2 games.
I guess I'll comb through the lore to see if I can find anything useful.

Also we treat each realm as infinite right?
Also, there are feats like garmr creating realm tears that can destroy the fabric of reality, garmr eating a season and a word, surtr shooking all of Yggdrasil to it's core and destroying it's branch, Nidhogg and it's children eating branches of the Yggdrasil and her children can eat all nine realms if they get annoyed. And far more shit

Also, there are feats like garmr creating realm tears that can destroy the fabric of reality, garmr eating a season and a word, surtr shooking all of Yggdrasil to it's core and destroying it's branch, Nidhogg and it's children eating branches of the Yggdrasil and her children can eat all nine realms if they get annoyed. And far more shit
You also have feats such as faye and thor splitting a soul in half, thor fighting jormungandr and surtr at the same time etc

Yea, It's really starting to pile up for evidence of 2-C the only thing we're lacking is explicit timeframes for said actions.

Back