• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

How do we know that Heimdall's horn was heard in 2018? The game doesn't say that the horn transcends Space-Time, and both the horns sound different. Also, the 2018 horn is located at a different place and the old World Serpent responded to it according to Mimir (not the new one).

He didn't literally destroy fate... I wished that wasn't something we needed to debate about

Also, when it comes to Thor Odin and Surtr, would this get removed now?

Since... it didn't happen?

Originally it was just "this was prophesied to happen in Ragnarok", but it didn't happen
Thor instead 2v1's both Surtr and Jormi. Which is honestly more impressive than anyhting.

by the by, does anyone know have any statements about how much of Freyas magic Odin learned? So far I've only found a statement about him learning some of it but that's about it.

Btw Freya does mention the Well of Urd is the home of the Norns that is solely under their influence, has no fixed place, and entrances come and go. That doesn't mean the card game is valid but at least the Well of Urd isn't just a regular lake.
do you have link to the video?

Just realized a dumb hiccup. When Atreus first goes to Asgard he notes why its a good thing you can't take use the realm travel temple to get to Asgard because the temple is underwater in Asgard but Kratos and co uses the Asgard realm travel temple door and they didn't end up in the temple that buried in Asgard, they are just plopped near the wall.

Btw Freya does mention the Well of Urd is the home of the Norns that is solely under their influence, has no fixed place, and entrances come and go. That doesn't mean the card game is valid but at least the Well of Urd isn't just a regular lake.
Still doesn't imply that alternate possible futures are accessible from there.

Soooo Is it mentioned how Kratos got to Midgard? I know how cuz of the Novel. But is it mentioned in game? Do we know who the hooded woman commanding the wolves is?

I seen a fanart of Thor like this. It looked terrifying. I have it saved on my phone. But sadly it's buried by a whole bunch of **** so it'd take days to find it lol
Bonk
That, the Valkyrie set, the Dragon set in Ragnarok, really all sets he'd look sick. But I think he'd look ******* raw if we could just have him shirtless with the cloak.
True
Wouldn’t mind getting some of the older sets back tho, or some kind of armour reflecting the Berserkers
He does tag Odin a few times. Along with a few others. He should be Tier 2 in base, and scales higher in bear and wolf forms.
I’d suggest an at most rating tbh
He’s able to hurt characters like Odin but is also consistently shown as sub Kratos, his bear is just outright 2-C tho

Soooo Is it mentioned how Kratos got to Midgard? I know how cuz of the Novel. But is it mentioned in game? Do we know who the hooded woman commanding the wolves is?
Not to my knowledge
It’s interesting because this raises the question of who the Wolves are since we know one can’t be Fenrir

Yea. Kratos straight up tells Ratatoskr he traveled from Greece to Midgard. Someone posted the link to it earlier today. Ratatoskr asked if Greece had a world tree and Kratos said no. Ratatoskr was so amazed and said no wonder he was able to travel to another realm which makes it seem like the Norse mythology has a special restriction when it comes to traveling to other mythologies.

Correction: Ratatoskr was wondering how Kratos traveled from realm to realm in the Greek world and he said "by foot or by sea" in relation to going to different realms in the Greek World. But Kratos does repeatedly imply he simply traveled from Greece to Midgard by boat and foot in Ragnarok.

Last edited:
How do we know that Heimdall's horn was heard in 2018? The game doesn't say that the horn transcends Space-Time, and both the horns sound different. Also, the 2018 horn is located at a different place and the old World Serpent responded to it according to Mimir (not the new one).
It would be appreciated if someone answers this for me.

We don't know. Travel between different mythologies is still ambiguous.
They'll probably explain next game. I hope they do.
True
Wouldn’t mind getting some of the older sets back tho, or some kind of armour reflecting the Berserkers
They'll probably bring back some of them for NG+ along with some new ones (I'll bet my whole ******* life that they'll just be reskins of what's already in the game like they did last time)
Is it too much to ask to have the Morpheus armor from GOW 3? Or especially, the God armor from 2? That's really all I want lol

Seems like it'll never happen tho lmao

Oh and there's one set based on the berserkers and it looks great. It looks kinda like Samurai armor, which is sick.
I’d suggest an at most rating tbh
He’s able to hurt characters like Odin but is also consistently shown as sub Kratos, his bear is just outright 2-C tho
Yeah, me too. Definitely 2-C in Bear and Wolf forms. Dude ******* mauled a Valkyrie in half.

Not to my knowledge
It’s interesting because this raises the question of who the Wolves are since we know one can’t be Fenrir
I've always thought it was Skill and Hati.

And I've always thought the hooded woman was Faye.

Back