• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean you did say that the trident was stated to be able to erase both body and soul.

That sound quite like standard EE, unless there is a solid contradiction again such statement.
Erase will be considered flowery language, on top of the fact I don't have the scan on me anyway. As for now, I recommend we remove Void Manip and Conceptual Manip, just for now, until we get more info. I was iffy on the reality warping part for furies, but @Andika_CL_atmadja convinced me.

As for the rest, I agree with it all.

latest

Chains of olympus kratos can summon "Evil Jinn".

After conversation with glass via discord, I will agree with Void manip as long as it's only for Greek Kratos. Also do believe the Poseidon trident scan should be posted here as well. I do not believe Norse kratos should receive anything Greek Kratos has after confirmation he no longer has hades' soul (GoW 2018 looking like a soft reboot every passing day)

I still believe Conceptual Hax should be removed from the CRT

Blades of Athena can deflect enemies attack SOURCE :1 and 2 (or perhaps very huge beam attack)

latest

Eye of Atlantis able to "destroy both spirit and body of those subject to it's searing blast" according to official book guide.

Last edited:
After conversation with glass via discord, I will agree with Void manip as long as it's only for Greek Kratos. Also do believe the Poseidon trident scan should be posted here as well. I do not believe Norse kratos should receive anything Greek Kratos has after confirmation he no longer has hades' soul (GoW 2018 looking like a soft reboot every passing day)

any info why kratos no longer has hades soul ? My guess surprise fear zeus attack.

How not having Hades's soul means that Greek Kratos's Resistances cannot be apply to Norse Kratos?

At most feats which rely on Hades's soul would be limited to GOW3 Kratos.

As much as I'd like Kratos to have Void Manip/Resistance to it, he has actual anti-feats to void manip in the 2018 (jumping off the branches).
The only thing that could give kratos Resistance to EE would be poseidons trident stated to erase peoples body and soul, but that *could* be extremely potent Soul Manip.
Yeah I’d definitely call that Soul Manipulation like the Eye of Atlantis

I'll elaborate on that at a later that, but hades soul isn't just "gone". Anyway, eye of Atlantis isn't erase, but destroy, so yeah the only feat for void manip is the scourge, which could be an outlier.

Apologies, I said trident, but it was the eye of atlantis. Just soul Manipulation.

latest

I have the scan. It's not "Black holes" I believe it comes from OBD profile which only guessing.

In the scan it stated "Life-leeching parasites of pure energy"

edit : I feel this pic is elaboration instead debunk of scourge of Erinys 🤔🤔
edit : Scourge of Erinys has Void manipulation, death manipulation (due to imbued dark magic of thanatos' daugther), life-force absorption, energy manipulation, biological manipulation, and homing attack ?

So this scan is more reliable ?

I was made aware about Resistance negation. After GoW 1 gorgons could be petrified by other gorgons, so either that tidbit of lore got retconned, or forgotten. Either way, Resistance negation is very contradicted.

I was made aware about Resistance negation. After GoW 1 gorgons could be petrified by other gorgons, so either that tidbit of lore got retconned, or forgotten. Either way, Resistance negation is very contradicted.
that would imply Euryale is more powerful than other gorgon.

this logic also happen in GoW ascension multiplayer. The warriors can survive gaze from ordinary gorgon. But when Stheno gaze the warriors died instantly, Stheno gaze seem able to bypass invulnerability magic and forcefield.

that would imply Euryale is more powerful than other gorgon.

this logic also happen in GoW ascension multiplayer. The warriors can survive gaze from ordinary gorgon. But when Stheno gaze the warriors died instantly, Stheno gaze seem able to bypass invulnerability magic and forcefield.
Except from what I remember, fodder gorgons from GoW 3 could petrify other gorgons.
On top of that, the lore bit of Medusa's gaze not working on gorgons was in GoW 1, and kratos didn't get the fleece until 2. If it happened in the same game that would have been a better connection.

@Andika_CL_atmadja the scans are fine, but if you can get them all into one post as opposed to multiple posts that'd be great. Also is it possible to get a clearer picture for the Eye of Atlantis? It looks a bit blurry compared to the others.

@Hellbeast

The comics take place before ascension, and Kratos hasn't been confirmed to lose the Ambrosia ability until god of war 1 since he just died from Ares killing him as opposed to regenerating from that wound. And the profile itself already scales him to having previous abilities so I don't see why he cannot have the abilities in the comics in his earlier key.

Considering Zeus did absorb Kratos' powers by just shooting lightning at him, why wouldn't that same thing scale to the sirens if they're stated to wield Zeus' powers? Speaking of absorption I think I forgot to scale that to his ascension key cause he gains Zeus' powers in that game so that should scale to him for abilities.

How would it not be transmutation when those people get turned into a lost soul? I asked some people about this and they said it could qualify for transmutation.

I mean, I don't recall her ever correcting him in that scene unless there's a scene later on in the novels that explains she doesn't have foresight. If there is then I'll remove it.

The black hole thing was already addressed, the game called the attack a void, not a black hole.

Why would Atlas be casual in that scene when he has a vendetta against Kratos and would want to kill him for letting him get stuck in that prison? Given the context in Chains of Olympus I don't see why Atlas would not try to kill Kratos with all his power the first chance he got.

Having conceptual hax doesn't really mean wiping away concepts with a thought. You're just being able to manipulate a concept with said power through any mean. Kratos flat out has the power of Hope in him to the point that he's affecting Fear Zeus and burning his hand so hard he can't even touch him. And Kratos used it to slam the literal Fear out of Zeus before he pummels him to death. Even Athena herself refers to it as Hope itself, and refers Fear as just, Fear itself.

As for the claws thing, I don't believe losing the claws itself will make you lose Hades' soul. Iirc Kratos didn't just have Hades' soul inside the blades, it just came inside his own being, which was why he's able to swim in the river styx without losing his powers.

Statement from the gow2 novel mentions that Atlas was casual when he encountered Kratos in God of War 2. This is likely because he put aside his vendetta because he knew Kratos was going to be the one to destroy Olympus. He scales to Hades in 3 so he and Atlas are comparable either way.

Except from what I remember, fodder gorgons from GoW 3 could petrify other gorgons.
On top of that, the lore bit of Medusa's gaze not working on gorgons was in GoW 1, and kratos didn't get the fleece until 2. If it happened in the same game that would have been a better connection.
there are different species of gorgon. in GoW 3 it's called "Gorgon Serpent" which comparable to Euryale due to size.

well GoW ascension released after God of War 3. So i dont think the lore is forgotten, Maybe it changed a bit. Kratos in GoW ascension also can not reflect gorgon gaze despite having reflect abilities. So golden fleece is something.

The Ambrosia is literally short time healing. Calliope was healed by it and she still died when Kratos kills her

Because that's likely not what the devs are implying. Lightning is Zeus' most infamous ability and the Sirens use it. It's a stretch to say they also meant that lightning has the ability to absorb powers because the Sirens themselves never exhibit that part of the ability.

Because the Hand is torturing them. Look at how it got skinned rather then being turned into a frog or something

It's less she's correct but more that she never exhibits it.

She's taken by surprise so often in the series and the statement doesn't even mean precognition

Ok and it still doesn't fit the standards for a void. Void manipulation typically also evolves Existence Erasure and that's not at all what the power is here

It's another means for Kratos to suck away at his enemies' souls

Because

1) It's stated in the novel

2) Look at this scene. Atlas clearly isn't exerting himself with his one hand and Kratos seems unable to actually do more then brush aside fingers

He was impressed but he wasn't doing much to Atlas at all by any stretch of the imagination

But that's the thing

He's not manipulating the concept but being empowered by one. And is fighting another empowered character

He's drawing on a conceptual source but he isn't using it to interfere with other conceptual shit

The Ambrosia is literally short time healing. Calliope was healed by it and she still died when Kratos kills her

Because that's likely not what the devs are implying. Lightning is Zeus' most infamous ability and the Sirens use it. It's a stretch to say they also meant that lightning has the ability to absorb powers because the Sirens themselves never exhibit that part of the ability.

Because the Hand is torturing them. Look at how it got skinned rather then being turned into a frog or something

It's less she's correct but more that she never exhibits it.

She's taken by surprise so often in the series and the statement doesn't even mean precognition

Ok and it still doesn't fit the standards for a void. Void manipulation typically also evolves Existence Erasure and that's not at all what the power is here

It's another means for Kratos to suck away at his enemies' souls

Because

1) It's stated in the novel

2) Look at this scene. Atlas clearly isn't exerting himself with his one hand and Kratos seems unable to actually do more then brush aside fingers

He was impressed but he wasn't doing much to Atlas at all by any stretch of the imagination

But that's the thing

He's not manipulating the concept but being empowered by one. And is fighting another empowered character

He's drawing on a conceptual source but he isn't using it to interfere with other conceptual shit
I agree with all of this except the siren part. The warriors of zeus are treated the same, and even if they showed the ability to do so unlike the sirens, it is acknowledged in-verse that people/monsters he boosts inherit his abilities as well. That should at the very least be taken into account.

@Hellbeast Except when Kratos used the the head of Danaus, he stated that the animals keep hacking at the dude's body until the Ambrosia's power wore off. Which should scale to Kratos when both took in the ambrosia the same way. Calliope wasn't the same since it was just her getting cured as opposed to absorbing the ambrosia inside her body.

There's nothing that implied they just skinned them alive though, especially when they get consumed by a dark energy and just become a lost soul.

Void Manipulation involves being able to manipulate a void. That's literally in the page for Void manipulation. The Scourge of Erinys flat out states in the game that he creates a void with the weapon. Why would that not scale to Kratos?

Why would he not try to kill Kratos though? He's the one who chained him into that spot in the first place. Hell even when Kratos gets the titans to fight Olympus in GoW 3 Atlas is nowhere to be seen, so I doubt Atlas would even appreciate Kratos leaving him there forever and be more motivated to kill him in the first place.

But said conceptual source is inside his body, and is represented by the white flames in his hands and eyes. He can literally use it to fight Fear Zeus.

@Glassman
You literally just admitted the Ambrosia can wear off

As is the ability to use said Void to wipe someone from existence

Not create nebulous votexes that drain life force

Why would he not try to drag out Kratos' suffering? He knows he's not a God anymore and is pissed

This also ignores the fact Atlas clearly isn't been matched by Kratos here, Kratos only gets out of this by saying he's against Zeus

Yes and he never uses it to manipulate or effect concepts

Being empowered by something does not mean you can effect that something

@Obi2cool4kenobi

Remind me, can the Champions drain powers? If so that adds to it but I'm still adamant since the Sirens never actually practice this ability themselves

With the same argument you could claim they can use the Essence of Hyperion which evidently isn't a thing

Yes, the ambrosia does wear off over an unknown period of time. We literally get a cutaway after a long slaughter fest from the dude after his healing properties wore off.

Ok, and being able to manipulate a void is literally in the page on how you get that ability, and the in game text describes it as a void. Why would it being a vortex that drains health in game mean the in game text for the weapon is invalid?

Except for the fact that if you don't do the QTE properly he does crush Kratos and Kratos dies. Meaning he was going for the kill the moment he had Kratos in his hands.

But he can affect concepts with it. He literally can attack Fear itself and punch it outside of Zeus' body.

Why is Kratos' lifting strength scaling to Atlas even being discussed here? He's already 3-A in lifting strength in his GoW2 key on his profile.

Wait I thought his last unknown key was his God of War 2 key? Huh... must've miscounted the different versions.

So explain to me why you assume the Ambrosia is still there 10 YEARS LATER

That just proves my point

Atlas was easily overwhelming Kratos and he only made it out by convincing him not to kill him

@Hellbeast Because the way the comics show it makes it seem like the healing effects need to be worn off by extensive healing over and over and over again if the barbarian getting murdered by the animals is anything to go by. And the only confirmation we got of the healing effects wearing off would be God of War 1 when Kratos flat out died and didn't get to heal the wound on his chest.

How does it prove your point?

But he still pushed the fingers away before he told him he plans to kill Zeus. Anyways this topic is pointless to debate since I didn't read the page correctly so lets move onto the other things.

@Dienomite I'm talking about lifting strength.

Except no

We see withy Calliope the Ambrosia can wear off over time

We literally see Kratos use it once and he never has this healing ability again nor is it mentioned anywhere else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back