• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theglassman12

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Alright, so this is something that's been in the making for quite some time, now the CRTs are available, we might as well get shit shindig out of the way.

Ascension

Lifting Strength

Class G: Kratos is able to break the straps that holds these gigantic metallic serpents through his own strength.

Abilities

Regeneration (Low-Mid): After absorbing Ambrosia into his body during the fight with the Barbarian prince, Kratos was able to heal from his throat getting slit. Furthermore, The Ambrosia was not only going to bring the Barbarian prince back to life for an unknown period of time, but the followers of Ares was planning on using it to bring Ares back from the fatal wound via stab to the chest by Kratos.

Immortality (type 3 and 4): The Ambrosia is stated more than once to being able to resurrect someone from the dead, on top of healing their wounds.

Animal Manipulation: He wields the head of Danaus, which is stated to control animals to do whatever the wielder commands.

Underwater Breathing (Type 3): Poseidon’s power that he gains allows him to breathe underwater.

Disease Manipulation: the Hades arm that Kratos can summon with the Soul of Hades is stated to be diseased.

Portal Creation: The Soul of Hades can make portals where he can attack others with its power.

Non-Physical Interaction: He can hit the wraith spirits that it summons.

Resistances

Fire Manipulation: Is unfazed by the burning fire of Hades from a monster out for his head.

Absorption: Can tank the lightning bolts from the Sirens, who’s stated to have the power of Zeus, who’s able to absorb other’s powers.

Age Manipulation: Can overpower the effects of the Amulet of Ouroboros, which can decay those that get hit by the spell.

Poison Manipulation and Acid Manipulation: The Chimera has a QTE event where it spits it’s poison at Kratos and acts all acidic, and Kratos can overpower it through QTE.

Petrification: Can break out of gorgon petrification.

Electricity Manipulation and Paralysis Inducement: He can power through an electric shriek from the Sirens that could render him unable to move through QTE, Is also able to power through the Manticore’s paralyzing tail through QTE.

Transmutation, Power Nullification and Soul Manipulation: Kratos is able to fight off the effects of the Hands of Hades, which can transmutate people into lost souls, and strip others of their powers.

Disease Manipulation and Sleep Manipulation: The Ambrosia is capable of curing diseases, and cure someone from being Comatose.

Illusion Creation, Perception Manipulation and likely Reality Warping: One of the Furies has the power of illusion, and it’s even elaborated to being able to warp one’s perception, and goes to the point of warping the entire area around them to where a giant typhoon exists in an area where there’s no water around, and one of the Furies transforms into a giant water creature to swim in the water to attack Kratos, and the Eyes of Truth is made to hard counter it, so he should resist them with the Eyes of Truth.

Chains of Olympus

Abilities

Attack Reflection: The Sun shield can reflect attacks and projectiles.

Energy Manipulation: Through Charon’s Wrath.

Resistances

Sound Manipulation: One of the monsters from Morhpeus’ clouds can make a loud screech that can make Kratos’ ears ring badly and he can power through it through QTE.

Death Manipulation: Kratos was able to survive being in the River Styx after losing to Charon, and it’s stated to kill anyone who drink its water.

God of War 1

Resistances

Precognition: Athena wasn’t able to foresee Kratos attempting to commit suicide despite being the goddess of foresight as stated by Hermes.

Memory Manipulation and Mind Manipulation: Kratos was able to retain his memories after falling into the Lethe river, which is stated to erase the memories of those who fell into it.

Ghost of Sparda

Abilities

Accelerated Development (Passive): The powers of the God of War can make him stronger and faster overtime. This should scale to Ares for obvious reasons.

Wind Manipulation: via Boreas’ Icestorm

Void Manipulation: The Scourge of Erinys is stated to create voids to attack the foe. And it’s even stated to be a deadly power that no god or human should have.

Everything that Ares has as the God of War.

Resistances

Ice Manipulation: Kratos can break out of being frozen by the harpies through QTE.

Void Manipulation: Kratos can withstand the Scourge of Erinys from its wielder during the fight.

God of War 2 and 3

Lifting Strength

Universal: He was able to push away Atlas’ strength in GoW 2, I have no idea why he doesn’t have this already.

Abilities

Flight: I don’t even know why he doesn’t have this when he has Icarus’ wings, but he should have it.

Acausality (type 1): Is unaffected by Zeus killing his past self when he time travelled.

Resistance Negation: With the Golden Fleece, Kratos is able to bypass the Gorgon’s natural resistance to petrification.

BFR and Weather Manipulation: Kratos wields the Blade of Olympus, which is able to warp the weather around the user, send all the titans to Tartarus.

Madness Manipulation: via the Siren soul summon, which can drive one mad with its voice.

Poison Manipulation and Acid Manipulation: via the Chimera soul summon, which the snake tail can spit out acidic poison.

Vibration Manipulation: via the Nemean Cestus.

Likely Forcefield Creation: via his Cerberus soul summon, where one of the Cerberus creatures with Hades’ power is able to create barriers.

Likely Conceptual Manipulation (type 3): Alright so this is gonna be take a bit for me to explain but I’ll start from the top, so the Evils that were sealed away in Pandora’s Box is stated to represent Fear, Hate, Greed. Athena used Hope itself as a backup plan if the evil power was free. Furthermore, it’s stated that Zeus was taken by Fear itself when the box was released. Kratos however got Hope itself as his power that he used against Ares and eventually all of the gods, which is stated to be far more powerful than Fear itself. So given how the evils are basically the concept of Fear, Hate and Greed, and Hope is far superior to all of them given what happens in the end of GoW 3, Kratos should have Conceptual Manipulation, though I don’t believe it should be type 2 because they’re not stated to be transcendant or outside of all realities in the God of War universe, and instead they just govern the reality. The reason why I’m suggesting to have it be put into his GoW 2 and 3 key as opposed to his Power of Hope key is for the sole fact that Kratos used the Blade of Olympus to release Hope to the world, showing it has the ability to manipulate Hope.

Resistances

Absorption: Can fight off the Siren Seductress’ power of draining his magic.

Biological Manipulation and Corruption (Type 2): Is unfazed by the trial gates, which can corrupt others and change their bodies into monsters like Minotaurs.

Probability Manipulation: Is unaffected by the Fates’ power, who’s stated to control the chances of who would win in the Great War.

Possibly Clairvoyance: The Judges of Hades were unable to judge Kratos through his heart, and they’re stated to be able to do just that. (The way they explain it is a bit weird but the whole “Your future is cloaked in shadow” part sort of implies they weren’t able to read Kratos at that point)

Curse Manipulation and Life Manipulation: Thanks to wielding Hades’ Helm, he should get the resistances to these from what the Redeemed Warrior’s profile has regarding resistances with the hades armor.

Power of Hope

Abilities

Immortality (type 2 and 8): Hope itself is capable of bringing him back to life. And he was able to survive from stabbing himself in the chest.

Advanced Non-Physical Interaction: Is able to interact and harm Fear itself when he unlocked the Power of Hope.

Resistances

Conceptual Manipulation (type 3): He’s able to resist Fear itself when he activated the power of hope.

Possession: Kratos was able to resist Fear taking over his body with Hope itself, and it’s shown and stated to being able to possess others, like it did to Zeus when he fell victim to it, after the fight when Fear starts taking over Zeus, and finally when it all came back inside of Zeus only for Kratos to literally hit him so hard Fear itself left Zeus’ body a moment later.

Resistance Negation: With the Power of Hope being stronger than the Flame of Olympus, he’s able to withstand the Flames without dying, when before it would’ve killed him despite his innate resistance to death manipulation.

Gods

They should resist Disease Manipulation due to the fact that when Kratos killed Hermes, he unleashed a plague onto the world killing everyone, but the gods like Hera, Zeus, and certain Olympians like Hercules are unfazed by the sickness, so they should scale across from each other for not being sick and dying from the plague.

Ares, Poseidon, Zeus and Hades should have the resistances and abilities that their champions get when donning their gear and weapons.

Hades

He should have all the abilities that Kratos gets from Soul Summon due to the fact that they all stem from the Claws of Hades.

Ares

BFR and Power Mimicry: He does this to Kratos in their fight, where in the pocket dimension he sends him he creates a bunch of clones of Kratos with the blades of chaos, the blade of artemis, and even copying his Zeus’ Fury ability.

Zeus

Abilities

Immortality (type 2): Was able to survive a stab in the chest by the blade of Olympus in the end of God of War 3.

Madness Manipulation: He can summon Sirens, which can drive one mad with its voice.

Possibly Conceptual Manipulation (type 3): He’s able to manipulate the Fear itself to be sealed into Pandora’s box.

Abstract Existence (type 1): His Fear state is basically Fear itself taking over, so it should scale to him.

Resistances

Madness Manipulation: Can resist the siren voices when summoned during his fight with Kratos.

Absorption and Conceptual Manipulation] (type 3): He’s withstood the Blade of Olympus more than once without having his life or power drained, nor was Fear ejected from his body when any of the strikes landed on his body.

Athena

Conceptual Manipulation (type 3): She was able to summon the Power of Hope, which is more powerful than Fear itself.

Agree: CrimsonStarFallen, Oliver de jesus (somewhat), UchihaSlayer96, Obi2cool4kenobi (somewhat), Hellbeast (somewhat), XSOULOFCINDERX, Stefano4444, SagatheLegend, Darksmash, Paul Frank, Cervical-shifter, Rikimarox2 (somewhat), Andika CL atmadja
Disagree:
Neutral:

Last edited:
Looks great to me so far. I agree with most of the stuff here, but will comment later after further examination if I change my mind.

our Boi is about to be broken!!

@Oliver_de_jesus The Ambrosia is something Kratos absorbed inside of his body though. It's not something he can use to cure others as he just has it in him.

@Overlord775 well there's the fact that Kratos doesn't remotely come back from the dead like he did in GoW 2, so the fact that there's no two Kratos' alive in this timeline should show at least some changes that didn't affect Kratos.

Wouldn't the New Kratos simply have gone through the same steps that the Old Kratos did, thus causing a closed time loop that wouldn't really give Acausality ?

It wouldn't because there's clear changes to the events. In the beginning of the game Kratos bled to death while watching Zeus leave with the blade of olympus. But when he time travelled he takes the blade from his own body and fights Zeus with it, and again we never get any confirmation on the Kratos that's dying to ever come back from life.

This was very well put together, and I do agree with most of it, but there are certain things I do want to touch up on.

1. Furies having Reality Warping
. - I do believe this could be tossed up at very potent illusionary magic of the sort, and even if it was accepted, it would not carry over to his later keys due to being a very minor showing, on top of the fact both Kratos and the furies are tier 7 Characters here.
2. Kratos resisting Void Manipulation
- I've already voiced my opinion on this on discord, but that statement is very iffy to say the least. On top of that, there is a scan stating they are black holes, which throws this out the window IMO.

Note: Before someone brings this up, I do want to point out, yes a lot of the hax here is not in character. So while it is a possibility, and he *can* use them, it is not in character for him to do so. This CRT will help kratos out majorly in bloodlusted battles, but not so much for in character ones (Of course, besides Resistances and such)

Anyway, somebody should ask the staff and experienced members listed in the God of War verse page to comment here via their message walls.

@Obi2cool4kenobi I don’t see how this wouldn’t scale to Kratos’ later keys when he does have the eyes of truth. Those items are the reason he resists the Furies’ hax in the first place.

If you have the scan that states those are black holes then I’d like to see them please, because the game itself refers to them as voids.

If we have scans that debunk this then we can just post it here or just make another CRT then if this is done

latest

I have the scan. It's not "Black holes" I believe it comes from OBD profile which only guessing.

In the scan it stated "Life-leeching parasites of pure energy"

edit : I feel this pic is elaboration instead debunk of scourge of Erinys 🤔🤔
edit : Scourge of Erinys has Void manipulation, death manipulation (due to imbued dark magic of thanatos' daugther), life-force absorption, energy manipulation, biological manipulation, and homing attack ?

Last edited:
Mostly solid but I have my issue with some

I'd also notice Ascension Kratos could flip a city block and matched Charybdis which tore down a giant bronze lamp

Ok so while I'm here

1) Why are you using the GOW comics as Ascension

They take place before Kratos gets the Blades of Chaos form Ares and even predate his promotion to Captain in the Spartan army

If you're adding this to the page make it a key, don't shunt it under Ascension when he loses half the powers from the comics and has feats that are miles better in Ascension

2) Hades' arm shouldn't be Disease Manipulation

While the arm is diseased Kratos can't control the disease and nor can the arm

It's like saying some with Covid 19 has the ability because they can pass it on by coughing

3) Why do the Sirens have Absorption?

They're mentioned to possess Zeus' power, yes, but it's more likely referring to the use of lightning

Which is Zeus' most well known characteristic. I doubt the intent there was:

"Oh the Sirens can absorb powers because they have Zeus' lightning and Zeus' lightning can absorb"

4) That's.... not Transmutation?

5) Does Athena have Precognition?

She's called Goddess of Foresight but that's likely just an allusion to her great wisdom rather then saying she can see the future.

Hell I think Hermes said it to flatter her so it's unlikely to be taken 100 percent literally

6) Yeah that's not Void Manip

It doesn't wipe someone from existence and it's also claimed to be a black hole which likely is just referencing it being a vacuum to suck things into it

7) Atlas was clearly being casual here and Kratos was straining to even push back his fingers.
While this gets him praise it's pretty clear Atlas is significantly the stronger character here so this is at most a likely Universal

8) Yeah no

We've rejected Acausal Kratos before because it makes no sense

If he and the other gods are outside cause and effect how can he stop Zeus from killing him?

Why is his past self still there?

And why would the Fates take him back to GOW1 to stop him from killing Ares if this is the case? Hell the game shows his past death causes his future self's death

9) I'm not big on Conceptual Manipulation

Being empowered by Hope doesn't mean he's suddenly able to wipe out concepts with a thought or anything, which the ability implies

10) I'd more chalk this up to Duplication rather then Mimicry but it works

It should be noted it's just his clones this applies to, not himself

Ok so while I'm here

1) Why are you using the GOW comics as Ascension

They take place before Kratos gets the Blades of Chaos form Ares and even predate his promotion to Captain in the Spartan army

If you're adding this to the page make it a key, don't shunt it under Ascension when he loses half the powers from the comics and has feats that are miles better in Ascension

2) Hades' arm shouldn't be Disease Manipulation

While the arm is diseased Kratos can't control the disease and nor can the arm

It's like saying some with Covid 19 has the ability because they can pass it on by coughing

3) Why do the Sirens have Absorption?

They're mentioned to possess Zeus' power, yes, but it's more likely referring to the use of lightning

Which is Zeus' most well known characteristic. I doubt the intent there was:

"Oh the Sirens can absorb powers because they have Zeus' lightning and Zeus' lightning can absorb"

4) That's.... not Transmutation?

5) Does Athena have Precognition?

She's called Goddess of Foresight but that's likely just an allusion to her great wisdom rather then saying she can see the future.

Hell I think Hermes said it to flatter her so it's unlikely to be taken 100 percent literally

6) Yeah that's not Void Manip

It doesn't wipe someone from existence and it's also claimed to be a black hole which likely is just referencing it being a vacuum to suck things into it

7) Atlas was clearly being casual here and Kratos was straining to even push back his fingers.
While this gets him praise it's pretty clear Atlas is significantly the stronger character here so this is at most a likely Universal

8) Yeah no

We've rejected Acausal Kratos before because it makes no sense

If he and the other gods are outside cause and effect how can he stop Zeus from killing him?

Why is his past self still there?

And why would the Fates take him back to GOW1 to stop him from killing Ares if this is the case? Hell the game shows his past death causes his future self's death

9) I'm not big on Conceptual Manipulation

Being empowered by Hope doesn't mean he's suddenly able to wipe out concepts with a thought or anything, which the ability implies

10) I'd more chalk this up to Duplication rather then Mimicry but it works

It should be noted it's just his clones this applies to, not himself

8. Perhaps Kratos obtained fates' power and control after defeating sister of fate. I think this is make sense, after kratos killed the trio, he does not affected by past himself.

edit: and to elaborate in GoW 3 kratos said "Sister of fate could not hold me".
edit : other elaboration : In GoW 2 gaia said "Remember kratos you will have the power to control time itself."

Last edited:
It's possible but there's no implication

Kratos doesn't just absorb powers; he steals weapons with those powers and he didn't do that here

Secondly he mentioned the Fates in reference to how he could destroy them so simply as a boast to his father

other elaboration : In GoW 2 gaia said "Remember kratos you will have the power to control time itself." Since gaia has acasuality type 1, i think she is reliable

Last edited:
In GoW 2 i think blade of Olympus has regeneration negation since Kratos can not regenerate after losing his blade of olympus (before zeus killed him) i could be wrong tho.

Yeah but that's by going to the Temple of the Fates

It's not something he just carries around

Also I doubt the Power Null for the Blade of Olympus

That just looks like being beyond Kratos' ability to heal since he was also badly injured and deprived of his powers

I still think it's fine Scourge of Erinys has void manipulation but without existence erasure

Since according to VS wiki explanation pages void manip vary greatly depending on the fiction.

But that's the thing

It's not the Void in the sense the page refers to

It's likely meaning as in a vacuum considering it and the Black Hole comparision

image0.png

word "Consumes" also can vary greatly. What do you think ? i am kinda neutral with this.
As much as I'd like Kratos to have Void Manip/Resistance to it, he has actual anti-feats to void manip in the 2018 (jumping off the branches).
The only thing that could give kratos Resistance to EE would be poseidons trident stated to erase peoples body and soul, but that *could* be extremely potent Soul Manip.

As much as I'd like Kratos to have Void Manip/Resistance to it, he has actual anti-feats to void manip in the 2018 (jumping off the branches).
The only thing that could give kratos Resistance to EE would be poseidons trident stated to erase peoples body and soul, but that *could* be extremely potent Soul Manip.
sorry i deleted my previous comment. Yeah i agree with this. But 2018 Kratos is different....

That doesn't necessarely means that Kratos cannot have resistance to that ability.

If the trident does have EE and Kratos did resist its effects, it could be that the branches's EE is simply stronger than the trident's EE, meaning Kratos wouldn't be able to survive jumping off the branches.

That doesn't necessarely means that Kratos cannot have resistance to that ability.

If the trident does have EE and Kratos did resist its effects, it could be that the branches's EE is simply stronger than the trident's EE, meaning Kratos wouldn't be able to survive jumping off the branches.
Which is what I was saying, but Poseidon's trident having EE is a toss up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back