• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War 4 is out! Yeah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about the fact Kratos may have caused the end of the world again? (Legit he did one of the things that start Ragnarok and he's going to kill a ton of Gods with Thor and Odin)

there are 8 hours cutscene in youtube but damm i thought that video compile every cutscene including the lore. But i was wrong.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Can people have the decency of tagging their posts with spoilers or doing SOMETHING to hide the game's events? It isn't even officially out yet, and you just spoiled the game for Ever who was just looking at the recent changes.
sorry about the spoiler.

I haven't even played it yet. Maybe I can forget the spoilers if I go watch something else for a few hours.

1.This kratos are shit, he look like a homeless dude.

2.I've don't see anything absurd.

3.This game is like a film, and like more a mod of kratos to TLOS than a GOW seriously. ZZZZ

Question, if Kratos highest feat is tier 8 how in the hell will he compete with the higher tier gods (assuming they rival the greed top tier gods in strength) Thoughts?

Personally by the end of the Norse journey I think it'd be cool if he chopped down the World tree. His main weapon is an axe after all haha

Kratos' son also becomes extremely interactive in combat, finding openings, and actually helping Kratos.

Found some stuff, i might get ninja'd though. This stuff is only told, there's no images, so it's not really a spoiler or anything. Also the context here is when they battled in the past, not the future battle where Thor and the Serpent dies in Ragnarok

"He (Jörmundgandr) just appeared one day. Soon after, Thor attacked, and their battle could be felt across all the (9) realms. Ultimately, it ended in a stalemate, and Thor returned to Odin empty handed. The Serpent stayed and grew so large he now spans all of Midgard".

Even a young Midgard Serpent's battle with Thor could be felt throughout the realms, and Odin should be stronger than both if Zeus is anything to go by.

I'm disappointed, I hoped to be able to fight against the world serpent, at least in the end we know why he was helping us.

Who do you think Kratos will face in the grand finale that is Ragnarok? They kind of have to bend the events so our main man gets some action

Also: what kind of energy would need to be generated for the battle to be felt across the 9 realms?

@Aizenishere I don't think so, now that we know who Atreus really is, I doubt Kratos will fight the serpent.

I don't know the size of the 9 realms.

@Therefir

Huh? I never said he'd fight the serpent. What I mean is I think events would have to be warped so Kratos fights either Thor or Odin or both. Rather than Thor and the serpent boning each other and Kratos just sits on the side like "this is fine"

Also every realm is at least a planet I think

I'm actually looking at the cosmology right now, and it does seem to be planets instead of solar systems, i'll post it in a few minutes.

So apparently this is the cosmology of the norse universe in God of War:

"All nine realms exist in the same physical space, reflections of each other. These doors, the towers outside, and the nine realms are all intertwined and co-existing on the branches of the world tree, separated only by the Bifrost light of Alfheim. This place (The world tree or it's representation, not sure what they meant) can focus and control that light".

"And is this the world tree".

"Only an artistic representation of it. No, the Yggdrasil (i think it has two ll's in the game) is much, much more than this. The tree of life is bound to the fate of the world, just as we are bound to it. The tree nourishes our soils, the dew from its leaves feed our valleys and rivers. The tree's very existence supports all of creation along its broughs. Its life energy interwoven into the tapestry of life... birth, growth, death, and rebirth. Every strand transcending time, transcending space. Everything comes back to the tree".

Nice. Pretty sure it is 9 Earths, but it might be 9 solar systems or universes, depends if Midgard is the same size as the Universe in the GoW games. Though that might not matter in general.

@Matt

I wasn't sure and i made that clear, so how big is the Realms?

Matthew Schroeder said:
Wew people are wanking GoW again.
Chill. Misinterpretation doesn't equal wanking

@ByAsura

It would be Earth, since the serpent circles earth aka Midgard so that's what makes most sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back