• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God-mountain downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Cyberblade and AKM both asked for summaries, but Cyberblade only responded to the WoG part and AKM didn't respond at all.

I'd be kinda surprised if they didn't.

...just FYI, this isn't subjective arguments being done, votecount's irrelevant unless points are being properly addressed and resolved.

Treat a CRT like a CRT, this isn't a versus thread, there is no grace, it's meaningless to go either "i agree" or "i disagree" because we're not arguing subjectives, these are objective points.

If you don't have anything meaningful to add, leave the thread, this is really poor CRT etiquette

Then I find Ant and DDM's views ludicrous. Have they never heard about SMT? Where the Abrahamic God is the antagonist? A tyrant reigning over the multiverse. We have a page for that here YHVH (Shin Megami Tensei).

Any standards by which a vague disfigured mountain being called "God" is disallowed, but blindingly obvious representations of literal Abrahamic Gods is disallowed are terrible standards.

There's also the series American Gods with Jesus (American Gods), where other "American Gods" include the Media, Globalization, Capitalism, and Technology.

I want Ant and DDM to explain what the hell their views on this are where GM would be deleted but none of these other verses would get touched.
I don't currently feel strongly about the issue. I just thought that a mountain made of rotting kaiju corpses being depicted as the God of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, would attract too much controversy for our wiki, that is all, and the depiction of Jesus in American Gods may be too controversial/deliberately offensive for us as well.

Shin Megami Tensei is a prominent franchise with YHWH as the central antagonist, rather than as a side-character, so we cannot avoid it in that case.

That said, Medeus and others did not agree with my interpretation, and thought that the page can remain in this wiki, so I have reevaluated my view since then.

Soo was gonna be then?

I've argumented why of rating him as Unknown at least Large planet level seems the better option.

Since the deity it's made of many kaiju corpses he seemed way more powerful than the Big G.

Last edited:
It's a pretty rare occurrence for us to jump straight to votes and application after 28 hours if there's multiple people disagreeing and discussing.

We usually only go to votes after back and forth discussion has been shown fruitless. You don't need to rush this so much dude.

Also, @DDM @Dark-Carioca @Shizuka do you all seriously agree with keeping the immortality WoG despite my reasons for doubting it here? Or do you just agree with the AP stuff?
I never said anything about the WoG stuff

I have said that I am not offended by God Mountain, and admittedly, YHVH's example actually is intended to be quite a controversial version of an Abrahamic religions. And the authors confirmed their motive was to be payback that they historically have done the same thing to gods of other religions. But we don't really have to think about him being a literal portrayal. And thus, I'm personally not offended by YHVH or American Gods either. Though, I cannot quite speak for others. Obviously, we do ban actual profiles for actual religious deities, just not fictional characters more or less loosely based on them or parodies of them.

Also, I did not agree with using some fan made word of god statements for abilities unproven in the actual works. More so I didn't even notice that was there upon profile creation. But I think the Unknown, at least Large Planet level scaling from Space Godzilla seems reasonable.

RCO013.jpg

RCO014.jpg

RCO015.jpg

Im not sure this objectively ap. Godzilla is fine after the impact.

to compare this reminds me of makima "banging" chainsaw man to space.

At best I could see this as a "possibly' and more solidly as bfr

The reason had something to do with Godzilla not even budging from SpaceGodzilla's attack. But God Mountain just casually blew Godzilla away with a fraction of his power.

A weird scaling method perhaps, but it's a one that makes sense in terms of exerting more force.

The reason had something to do with Godzilla not even budging from SpaceGodzilla's attack. But God Mountain just casually blew Godzilla away with a fraction of his power.

A weird scaling method perhaps, but it's a one that makes sense in terms of exerting more force.
Also I want to add that when Godzilla receives and attack theres a stele which I encloses in yellow that indicates that it receives damage. And with space godzilla it seemed to resist it but instead with GM, gozilla was released.

I agree with this.

I think most people here agress with GM's feat being AP...

Soo what do you think if I make the updates?

I personally believe everything that was needed to be said was done so here already.....

Thoughts?

...moreso a nonsensical scaling method, not considered by the wiki.

You're just being completely ignorant of the fact that force isn't AP, it's LS. We literally list so in the field itself.

Nothing God-Mountain does is tierable by conventional means, and forcing a tier for the sake of it is poor practice. Things can be strong without having a tier on it, this seems the case here.

...moreso a nonsensical scaling method, not considered by the wiki.

You're just being completely ignorant of the fact that force isn't AP, it's LS.
You're ignoring the horizontal wake of motion that is clearly shown from where Godzilla was before he got knocked with the beam.

You're ignoring the horizontal wake of motion that is clearly shown from where Godzilla was before he got knocked with the beam.

Explain to me right now how this differentiates it from LS

Otherwise you're bringing up irrelevant points and only acting like you addressed me

Apex you didn't bring up that point for the record, you brought up a completely separate point, so completely your fault here for derailment.

And secondly, why does God Mountain being kaiju corpses matter? Kaijus can very well be far weaker contrasted to each other, especially against Godzilla, who is contextaully far stronger than any other kaiju save for SpaceGodzilla.

In general this is due to offscreen factors so the reason could very well be ANYTHING. They couod be killed by SpaceGodzilla for all that matters, we are alluded to a connection between the two very bluntly

As someone who doesn't know the context, it looks like it could be either of the three cases lol
So I am not exactly helpful here.
There isn't much more context. Cyberblader posted the two following scans where Godzilla was unharmed to say it isn't AP. Apex posted these two scans where Godzilla was unfazed by another character's energy, to say that Godzilla being knocked back there proves that GM has higher AP than that other monster. Apex pointed out this part of the original scan.

Those are the only scans I'm aware that have been brought up in relation to this.

Since the deity it's made of many kaiju corpses he seemed way more powerful than the Big G.

I mean, that mainly comes from fan-based WoG, but even if it were solid, being a mountain made out of corpses doesn't necessarily scale you to those corpses.

There isn't much more context. Cyberblader posted the two following scans where Godzilla was unharmed to say it isn't AP. Apex posted these two scans where Godzilla was unfazed by another character's energy, to say that Godzilla being knocked back there proves that GM has higher AP than that other monster. Apex pointed out this part of the original scan.

Those are the only scans I'm aware that have been brought up in relation to this.

I mean, that mainly comes from fan-based WoG, but even if it were solid, being a mountain made out of corpses doesn't necessarily scale you to those corpses.
I mean like when you are made of a lot of corpses this means you can increase your mass and size.

Also if the corpses don't give powers to GM...... how can we explain that he can release energy?

We can say that GM does not only gets an increase in his size, but also actual energy from these corpses.

I mean like when you are made of a lot of corpses this means you can increase your mass and size.

You may be able to increase it by adding on more corpses, but that doesn't matter much if you're immobile. Buildings don't have building-level AP; because they don't move.

Also if the corpses don't give powers to GM...... how can we explain that he can release energy?

We can say that GM does not only gets an increase in his size, but also actual energy from these corpses.

This seems like a real reach. Do we actually need to identify a power source for why a mountain of flesh can shoot rainbow energy beams, open portals, and summon hordes of angels? It's fiction.

You may be able to increase it by adding on more corpses, but that doesn't matter much if you're immobile. Buildings don't have building-level AP; because they don't move.

This seems like a real reach. Do we actually need to identify a power source for why a mountain of flesh can shoot rainbow energy beams, open portals, and summon hordes of angels? It's fiction.
Maybe not.

Also wouldn't GM also have Multiple selves type 3?

Maybe not.

Also wouldn't GM also have Multiple selves type 3?
Not without more evidence. I wouldn't consider, say, someone who can graft limbs from other people onto themselves to have multiple selves type 3, since those parts of other beings are, let's say, "inactive" and don't have their own thoughts or perform their own actions.

If that's the only way forward then sure. I don't have many more points to bring forward, so I'll just let others give their views.
I think we've reached an agreement then.

Wouldn't Godzilla have a new key with his angelic power form?

I mean he stomped SpaceGodzilla

And also get aura/forcefield and holy manipulation added to his profile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back