• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God-mountain downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was called here. I believe there has been some sort of discussion already? So if somebody can post a summary about the current point of contention, I can input.
It's fine, this is a revision kinda reliant on whether you're familiar with the comic itself (contention comes in regards to scaling), so I don't believe external input is very helpful

I was called here. I believe there has been some sort of discussion already? So if somebody can post a summary about the current point of contention, I can input.
The point of contention is whether this is an AP feat, an LS feat, or a purely BFR feat.

If it's an AP feat, GM would get "Unknown, at least 5-A".

If it's an LS feat, GM would be "Unknown", and maybe get some scaling in the LS section.

If it's purely a BFR feat, GM would be "Unknown", and have the same LS as currently.

The point of contention is whether this is an AP feat, an LS feat, or a purely BFR feat.

If it's an AP feat, GM would get "Unknown, at least 5-A".

If it's an LS feat, GM would be "Unknown", and maybe get some scaling in the LS section.

If it's purely a BFR feat, GM would be "Unknown", and have the same LS as currently.
Most of the votes goes to first option.

Most of the votes goes to first option.
It's a pretty rare occurrence for us to jump straight to votes and application after 28 hours if there's multiple people disagreeing and discussing.

We usually only go to votes after back and forth discussion has been shown fruitless. You don't need to rush this so much dude.

Also, @DDM @Dark-Carioca @Shizuka do you all seriously agree with keeping the immortality WoG despite my reasons for doubting it here? Or do you just agree with the AP stuff?

It's a pretty rare occurrence for us to jump straight to votes and application after 28 hours if there's multiple people disagreeing and discussing.

We usually only go to votes after back and forth discussion has been shown fruitless. You don't need to rush this so much dude.

Also, @DDM @Dark-Carioca @Shizuka do you all seriously agree with keeping the immortality WoG despite my reasons for doubting it here? Or do you just agree with the AP stuff?
Well I invited a good amount of people here like mods or regular members but it seems they're not planning on participate here.

And as far as I know GM is really composed of dead kaiju, soo yes it happened in the comic and WoG simply re-confirms it.

Also that is something the writer stated by his own, no one asked him nothing.

How the hell do you know that? You haven't given the broader context of the WoG, just that cropped screenshot.

And considering how much god-mountain related stuff has been misleadingly cropped or just straight-up faked, I'd like something more to confirm it.

How the hell do you know that? You haven't given the broader context of the WoG, just that cropped screenshot.

And considering how much god-mountain related stuff has been misleadingly cropped or just straight-up faked, I'd like something more to confirm it.
Context how?

I mean that happened I'm the comic the mountain has parts of kaiju in his body and he just wrote about his character like what he is saying is that the mountain is the Mt. Purgatory and is made of dead kaiju (something that was shown in the comic)

Again he didn't tried to reply to someone, he just wrote it.

No, he only said that.

You could only know that if you saw it yourself. And if you've seen it yourself, you should be able to link it for everyone to see.

Again he didn't tried to reply to someone, he just wrote it.

No, he only said that.

You could only know that if you saw it yourself. And if you've seen it yourself, you should be able to link it for everyone to see.
Yes I saw it.

However as I mentioned to you he deleted his social media accounts for some reason, and I don't know to to recover what he said.

Thankfully we have this scan.

I'd like to look for it myself but my internet is really bad, it takes minutes to load a page on the forum. But I know some ways to recover it, so I'll give those a shot once my internet's back to full.

But I will say I doubt your line of events; from the location of the name and profile picture that looks like a reply to another post, (if I remember Facebook's formatting correctly) I don't think it's something he just posted on his own profile.

And it is very strange that the entire block of text is surrounded by quotation marks. I find it hard to believe someone would do that when not, well, quoting something (whether it's something they'd written before, or something someone else wrote).

EDIT: I'd also add that, upon further inspection, it really doesn't read like an author talking about their own work. It sounds like a fan fawning over it. "The portrayal of Mt. Purgatory here is unsurpassed in history. This is as good as its going to get" "Godzilla in Hell has officially made a contribution to the christian-based afterworld myth cycle that is going to stick around forever, and he did it in Purgatory. It is hard to express how happy and content this makes me." "So right away the impression is that this is a mountain composed of the flesh of hundreds of dead kaiju." "I mean, that's just a reading, I don't think it's really that literal, but the impression made by the design is unmistakable." "This moment, despite it being on the opposite page of the introduction of the mountain as a character, is legitimately chilling and the first time in the series I've been seriously shocked, and it happened in Purgatory."

That could be done by the writer, but it reads more like a fan's reactions of their first read of it, to me.

Last edited:
2017 Facebook was different to the 2021 one. That may explain why is that way..

I don't know about this part, he just wrote that. He didn't said something else about it.

However GM still being composed by dead kaiju as seen in the comic, soo he would still have immortality type 7 even without the WoG.

Also we need that WoG to prove GM is not the Abrahamic God but the actual Mt Purgatory. Otherwise it would be deleted cause there is a lot of people who thinks GM to be Christian God which is not the case.

Also we need that WoG to prove GM is not the Abrahamic God but the actual Mt Purgatory. Otherwise it would be deleted cause there is a lot of people who thinks GM to be Christian God which is not the case.

That is not at all necessary. Look at God (Unsong) it is literally the actual Abrahamic God, and it is not deleted. Fictional representations of deities are allowed.

That is not at all necessary. Look at God (Unsong) it is literally the actual Abrahamic God, and it is not deleted. Fictional representations of deities are allowed.
Ant and DDM said God-mountain to be very offensive and transgressive to the people who believes in the Abrahamic God.

In fact Ant was gonna delete GM profile for the same reason. If not by the WoG our dear GM would have been deleted days ago.

Myself a Catholic who believes in YHWH never thought GM was an insult to judeo-Christian people... but I'm pretty sure there will be at least one person who will ask it to be deleted for that reason.

I mean if there is a God in Godzillaverse it should definitely be an Eldritch Abomination, a monster.. instead of an old man in a throne.

Then I find Ant and DDM's views ludicrous. Have they never heard about SMT? Where the Abrahamic God is the antagonist? A tyrant reigning over the multiverse. We have a page for that here YHVH (Shin Megami Tensei).

Any standards by which a vague disfigured mountain being called "God" is disallowed, but blindingly obvious representations of literal Abrahamic Gods is disallowed are terrible standards.

There's also the series American Gods with Jesus (American Gods), where other "American Gods" include the Media, Globalization, Capitalism, and Technology.

I want Ant and DDM to explain what the hell their views on this are where GM would be deleted but none of these other verses would get touched.

Then I find Ant and DDM's views ludicrous. Have they never heard about SMT? Where the Abrahamic God is the antagonist? A tyrant reigning over the multiverse. We have a page for that here YHVH (Shin Megami Tensei).

Any standards by which a vague disfigured mountain being called "God" is disallowed, but blindingly obvious representations of literal Abrahamic Gods is disallowed are terrible standards.

There's also the series American Gods with Jesus (American Gods), where other "American Gods" include the Media, Globalization, Capitalism, and Technology.

I want Ant and DDM to explain what the hell their views on this are where GM would be deleted but none of these other verses would get touched.
At least we could keep that WoG as a note?

It wouldn't hurt anyone be a bit preventive.

I agree. Like, what?

My internet's back, so I was able to have a look for this word of god, and I found it.

It comes from this FAN REVIEW of the comic.

Buster Moody posted about it and quoted it on Facebook here.

So on some level you lied here. What the ****?
That is Moody though.

The scan belongs to Ulises, and he didn't mentioned it to belong to a fan review. All that is shown in Ulises scan was all he wrote, and he didn't added any link to the fan review that time.

How I'm supposed to know what Ulises wrote came from a fan review if.he didn't mentioned it?

That is Moody though.

The scan belongs to Ulises, and he didn't mentioned it to belong to a fan review. All that is shown in Ulises scan was all he wrote, and he didn't added any link to the fan review that time.

How I'm supposed to know what Ulises wrote came from a fan review if.he didn't mentioned it?
Ulises' facebook profile is still up, and there are non-deleted posts from 2011. And there are no posts on his profile of him quoting that.

So either he deleted that post but not others from that time and earlier, or it's like I said; it's a reply to someone else's post that I can't easily find.

EDIT: Well, whatever. Regardless, that WoG can't be used and should be removed from the profile.

Last edited:
Ulises' facebook profile is still up, and there are non-deleted posts from 2011. And there are no posts on his profile of him quoting that.

So either he deleted that post but not others from that time and earlier, or it's like I said; it's a reply to someone else's post that I can't easily find.

EDIT: Well, whatever. Regardless, that WoG can't be used and should be removed from the profile.
As you can see Ulises FB profile is new. It barely has some photos neither a huge number of publications.

He had a lot of stuff from his comics including Godzilla, I've checked his FB but he doesn't have all the publications and stuff from years ago, soo maybe he deleted everything like with his Twitter account.

I'm fine with it be removed.

It's not new, it has a post from 2011, and is the exact same account Moody regularly tagged years back...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back