• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Giratina 5-Dimensional ?

Noarasia

He/Him
Actually, i'm posting this thread because a friend challenged me.

According to the Cosmology Blog, The Base Cosmology of Pokémon is 2-A ( Excluding Arceus' / The Heart's realm ). Supported by Masuda's statement saying infinite time and infinite space exists.

“When you first began work on Pokemon Diamond & Pokemon Pearl, what were your main goals? What do you think were the key elements to those games?”

Masuda: “I decided that ‘ultimate’ was the theme in the beginning. I set myself a task to pursue what was the ‘ultimate’ for Pokemon games, and started to act on this theme when making the games. When I asked myself what is ‘ultimate,’ I immediately knew I wanted to improve the level of communication, which is a core element of Pokemon games. In the games, players receive the Pokedex and start collecting Pokemon, which you need to do in order to trade with others. At the time of Ruby & Sapphire, people could trade their Pokemon with someone close by, but not with anyone overseas. I really wanted to do something about this. And that’s why I came up with the Global Trade Station (GTS). That’s what my goal was in the beginning — to create a user network. I want users to be able to connect to the world. That’s the ultimate style of trading for Pokemon. That was the goal. The key element was to create the storyline around the Pokemon in Sinnoh mythology. The relationship between all these Pokemon is the key element. I wanted to express the importance of the balance between substance — Dialga, the ruler of Time, and Palkia, the ruler of Space — and spirit — Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf. If the substance becomes too large, the balance of the spirit collapses. I wanted Dialga and Palkia to become counterparts for a sense of balance. Infinite time and infinite space — that to me is the ‘ultimate.'”

Another supporting scene is the Original Story, that was told by
Nando in the anime. And Palkia's Legend : Arceus Pokédex
" This Pokémon is feared as a deity in Hisuian legend. The birth of Palkia was what caused the walls of our world to disappear, creating a sky that spans for infinity. " Dialga and Palkia are the two Pokémons that maintain the balance of the multiverse, excluding Distortion World. Meaning, they can reach the whole infinite multiverse ( 2-A ). And then there's Giratina, or the Distortion World itself. There's no Space and Time inside the Distortion World Which means that Giratina is outside of Dialga & Palkia's Multiversal range ( 4-Dimensional, Spatial and Temporal ). This will make Giratina or Distortion World become a 5-Dimensional Pokémon, since it's outside the Base Cosmology, and the Attack Potency and Durability will become L1-C. I think it should get Beyond-Dimensional Type 1, too.

Conclusion :
Distortion World is a 5-Dimensional World, or L1-C.
And it will have Beyond-Dimensional Type 1.

Sorry if there's a grammar mistake, not that good in English.

I dunno, man. I feel this may cause some circular scaling issues regarding the Creation Trio since they equally personify their respective aspects (time for Dialga, space for Palkia, and the void for Giratina). That and, in Pokemon Platinum itself, the Distortion World itself is accessible within the confines of the main game's universe. Assuming Pokemon Platinum's events are relevant to AU Cyrus' deal in the Rainbow Rocket substory of Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon, well...

"However, as he explains to the player, he was engulfed by a mysterious shadow during his moment of victory and transported to the game's world."

If Bulbapedia's summary is correct, if the shadow engulfing Cyrus during his victory took place within the Distortion World (as Cyrus was swiped by Giratina), it would mean that whatever shadow that was was able to reach the Distortion World just fine. Again, that is assuming PLatinum's events are more canon than DP's events. That makes it more likely that the Distortion World is the void between worlds rather than the void outside of worlds.

I dunno, man. I feel this may cause some circular scaling issues regarding the Creation Trio since they equally personify their respective aspects (time for Dialga, space for Palkia, and the void for Giratina). That and, in Pokemon Platinum itself, the Distortion World itself is accessible within the confines of the main game's universe. Assuming Pokemon Platinum's events are relevant to AU Cyrus' deal in the Rainbow Rocket substory of Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon, well...

"However, as he explains to the player, he was engulfed by a mysterious shadow during his moment of victory and transported to the game's world."

If Bulbapedia's summary is correct, if the shadow engulfing Cyrus during his victory took place within the Distortion World (as Cyrus was swiped by Giratina), it would mean that whatever shadow that was was able to reach the Distortion World just fine. Again, that is assuming PLatinum's events are more canon than DP's events. That makes it more likely that the Distortion World is the void between worlds rather than the void outside of worlds.
I think the "shadow" could be Giratina. Giratina could appear as a shadow when it goes out of the Distortion World, like this. because Cyrus wanted to reset the world, which will affect the Distortion World. And if the Distortion World is a void between worlds, Time and Space should be there, but it's not. There's no thing such as time or space inside the Distortion World, meaning that Dialga and Palkia can't reach it. I know Dialga was once inside the Distortion World when it was getting pulled inside by Giratina, and then it can make a Time Loop inside. But, Giratina doesn't get the loop again after Dialga ran away, proved later in the movie that it can get out of the Distortion World. Simply, they should be inside the Distortion World first so that they can use their power... Which is impossible without Giratina forcing them to go inside... Or maybe like an invite (?).

Back