• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gilgamesh vs Yukari

In that thread, I've noticed that it was Fate/Extra CCC Gil, but on Yukari's page, it is mentioned as Fate/Stay Night Gil. And the fact that there were some misconceptions in that thread. When Sha Nagba Imuru was mentioned, someone replied thatYukari is "Omega Level ___" to be read. But that is exactly what SNI does. It always shows Gil the correct move, regardless of the complexity of the opponent.

Omega?.... I'm gonna assume that's just Andy spouting nonsense regarding that.

But it doesn't seem to be perfect considering cough cough getting overwhelmed by Saber at one time, Shirou at one time, and by Sakura at one time cough. Showing a degree that he can fail with it and it's not an insta win against anyone who doesn't have the capacity to keep up.

It's not that it can be overwhelmed.

He's literally explicitly not using it to its fullest potential in those situations, if he's using it at all.

By that logic I should claim Natsu is a genius who can think up of plans and never always rushes headfirst into the battle just on the basis that he outwitted a few enemies a few times.

" It is a continuously-active-type Noble Phantasm, that does not require its name to be invoked, but it is assumed that Gilgamesh keeps it intentionally restrained"

Pure PIS & CIS, when Gil battles pretty much ANYONE in the Fate Anime versions, Lol.

Claiming that Natsu is a genius =/= Gilgamesh has SNI active.

Edit : http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Sha_Nagba_Imuru

Even someone like Shiro from No Game No Life would lose to Gil in a chess match if SNI is active.

You're missing the point here with that comparison and I have no idea why you would pull NGNL when there's much better examples.

He clearly makes the choice of not using it when he deems his enemy not worth it. What kind of a powerful being would use a 'cheat code' or something to beat someone that is so lowly of a level? He has a choice of using it or not and it's up to him entirely.

^ That is completely true if this was IN CHARACTER Gilgamesh. The deathbattle pits a bloodlusted Gil against Yukari.

I'm not here to debate since this is a content revision thread, for who knows what reasons, but after that battle Yukari got a few upgrades (with some pending but generally accepted, if I could just get more comments and responses there....) but alright, that's fair to use then. Then again Gilgamesh was half-bloodlusted at Shirou when he lost.

Yea, I have noticed that Yukari's profile was different from the one that was used against Gil. Would that warrant a revision, since it might sorta be a stomp now?

And Gilgamesh was Half Bloodlusted, but he still was completely rendered by PIS/CIS lol. I mean, dude has an armor that can casually resist A-rank magic, but still doesn't draw it out against Shirou.

And I quoted Shiro from NGNL earlier because she is the best non-hax Chess Player I've seen in anime.

Btw... why yukari is even win against Femto while Femto was Inconclusive against yhwach who consider will stomp yukari until she was upgraded to 5-A..

Cause his acausality was featless then. And it was 'being treated like an author to a book' or something. And well.... Yukari can enter books... Either way either has to go but I honestly don't know which one.

in terms of argument his acausality is the reason he is inconclusive against yhwach..and his acausality only based on vague statement..

Everyone in that thread were saying that Yukari would overwhelm Gil with her Danmaku when Gil can do just the same on top of predicting the trajectories of every single attack.

Intelligence wise, Gil would analyze and try to outsmart her, but Yukari would laugh it off and with her unpredictability, she'd be hard to figure out despite seeming predictable at first glance.
What even is this? Laugh it off with her unpredictability? When Gil can predict the flow of the battle entirely? It's even stated that even when someone makes very complicated predictions, Gil is always one step ahead and has already won. The correct course of action is always visible to him, at all times.

Dunno about her upgrade, but now that I'm going through the thread again, I sense downplaying especially since everyone brushed off SNI, especially the OP.

Frankly it's because Gilgamesh doesn't selectively always use it. Even if you argue the power of plot there are still instances where he was overwhelmed several times.

Shirou vs Gilg? Sure it's plot but he still selectively didn't use it. He certainly didn't see himself dying and getting sniped by Archer either.

Shirou vs Saber? I didn't really watch FSN but then again you can chalk it up to Avalon being that op but if Gilgamesh can figure that out immediately then he should be able to defeat her early.

Gilgamesh being swallowed up by Mainyu something and being surprised at Kiritsugu shooting the grail? Or rather making Saber use Excalibur on it? Not predicted.

Gilgamesh being shocked by Heracles breaking free from his chains near the end? On the last part? He clearly didn't see that coming.

How about Heavens Feel? I wanna avoid talk on that but logically Gilgamesh shouldn't have lost.

Once again.... is really this perfect prediction that you claim to be? Or maybe perhaps just maybe.... his so called perfect prediction.... isn't so perfect. Not to mention the 1000 variable in a second Yukari and the fact that she can also have her own brand of precog.... And they're still on close ball parks. Gilgamesh being Planetary and Yukari being Planetary.

I thought I'd give up fighting for Yukari but then again this so called prediction is flawed despite people claiming otherwise....

FOR WAIFUISM

But no seriously, it's more when powers are self-proclaimed absolutes that tics me off. Especially with how Gilgamesh's feats conflicts with that power.

I believe I already adressed this. Gil rarely activates it, if not never. That's just the nature of his character, extreme arrogance and very condescending. You really believe Shirou or Saber or Heracles would stand a chance if Gil just pulled out Ea and used it right off the bat? It was clearly stated that Gil had the power to end the Holy Grail War in a single night if he so desired. Too bad he's arrogant to the point he'd spit at the gods.

This all changes when the OP stated he was Bloodlusted . When bloodlusted, characters won't be a victim of PIS or CIS like they would usually be in-character. They use whatever means necessary to take down the opponent.

Right. You know I'm still wondering aside from being on the list of his powers when has he actualy used this? When has he actually displayed this in an actual feat? I'm not questioning its validity but I want to see more of it before people start claiming it's like the Almighty. And aside from that, it was at their highest so I'm questioning why he even gets an ability he only had as a chid? Well it makes things fairer certainly. Point is I never stated any of that, read my words carefully and don't twist my words. Everyone knows Gilg stomps everyone there. That much is factual.

Okay good. So he uses it. But you know what's funny? Even Yukari is bloodlusted. So she certainly own't pull her punches. So even with or without that the situation doesn't change. So really there's no point to this.

Although then again another argument that could be done for all of the above is that it's activated, but at the same time he chooses to not acknowledge it or it doesn't work as well when the full potential of something isn't revealed. Meaning he needs the actual data of how the game/or rather understand what the enemy can do to instantly know how to beat them.

And even if it isn't activated, Why didn't he use it against Sakura on Heaven Feels?

I never said Yukari wasn't bloodlusted. I said since Gil is bloodlusted, he will surely use it. The fact that Yukari is bloodlusted doesn't change anything since this was implied in the thread, but people were reluctanct of Gil's ability to use SNI.

Although then again another argument that could be done for all of the above is that it's activated, but at the same time he chooses to not acknowledge it or it doesn't work as well when the full potential of something isn't revealed. Meaning he needs the actual data of how the game/or rather understand what the enemy can do to instantly know how to beat them.
Not really. He knew exactly what type of swordsman Kojiro was and he rejected a close range combat in fear of the Tsubame Gaeshi.

@Core

Firstly, Gil's SNI isn't really "Prediction" per se, the NP allows him to see the correct move/solution.

For example, if Gil has 0 knowledge on Physics, and he is asked to answer a Grad level question, he can, very easily, due to SNI. The very description reads that

"When facing him in a game like chess, he claims that even someone making advanced predictions and reading the flow of the game will have already lost at that moment. He does not read the future of the chess board, but instead gazes down upon it and oversees, allowing the correct move to always be visible to him"

W
hich means that he can excel at something he has no clue about. Even if he has no clue what it is, he can quite simply gauge it. If Yukari makes a move, Gil can perfectly see how to counter it. If Yukari's defense has a weakness, Gil can see the weakness.

As for why he didn't use it, there is no answer to that. The answer would be the same as "Why does he not use all his Broken NPs whenever he wants?

Gil's characters should be considered to be like Arceus's in DBs.

^It all boils down to Gil's stupidity really. He even rejected the fact that he would be swallowed by the Grail Mud even though he saw it, he just didn't believe in it.

Pretty much what scarlet said.

Technically, even without the SNI, Gil is very intelligent. He just chooses his ego over his intelligence.

@Scarlet

Your wording said otherwise. Either way then sure, he will use it. But frankly I looked back at the wiki and it seems to show that he can see every possible chance for him and yet he also rejects a majority of those. Of course then again he was also bloodlusted against Shirou and still lost so.... and once more, it seems he always has it used. Otherwise why would he even not approach Kojiro and not be wary of Heracles even when he seemingly defeated him?

@Lllama

Using Physics and questions =/= Game. Those two are different but I see your point. Of course I doubt something that he has no clue how it works would be something he instantly can find a solution for lest it's combat.

Gauge =/= Perfectly defend against it.

Well it's a good thing that it's stated repeatedly that Yukari has no weaknesses eh?...

Kidding. But all seriousness the part "oversees" doesn't help there, almost as if he needs to understand how something works.Your words of gauging and perfeclty countering are quite paradoxical tbh.

I'll answer with the same answer you give me. Pride. Arrogance. Regardless he certainly wouldn't have that when Sakura is eating him out. And not in a good way.

But my turn to ask.... What is the point of this? Are you trying to say the verdict is wrong? Because regardless on whether he can or cannot... regardless of the two's upgrades... the verdict is still right. Regardless of whether they're in character or not, the situation hasn't changed.

@COB He doesn't really have it active all the time. He repressed it more often than not. Just like he is extremely reluctant to use Ea since apparently "only the Ruler is allowed as to even look at that weapon". WHen he realized crap hit the fan with Shirou, he tried to pull off Ea from GoB bu it was too late and Shirou cut his arm off. This happened because Gil can't possibly fathom the fact that a nobody like Shirou is a match for him.

For example in the fight against Rider, he pulled off Ea right from the bat since he recognized Rider as "worthy" to die from it.

I'm saying the situation would change since people who voted failed to take into account his clairvoyance.

So you suggest making another thread?

What is the point, though. This thread took so long for people to reply to, even when the Original Gil vs Yukari's result was blatantly based off wrong things.

Right, I'll concede on that, but still questioning why he didn't somehow find a way to still figure out how to defend.

Also even with that Iskandar scene, point still stands on Heracles.

And again I point to my last question above. What's the point? I mean this can all be brought up on Gilg vs Kharn instead of a months old match.

..... Dude.... The verdict hasn't changed.

And what I said is why aren't you guys aguing this on Gil vs Kharn or something. Not on a months old- nevermind. Either way maybe the reason why people didn't repsond to this is because nothing has changed.

I haven't had a chance to go through that match, but since I saw this on the ContRev board, I thought I'd give my opinion.

Back