• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gilgamesh vs Yukari

@Core,

I made this thread because the original one had faults in it. People were arguing that Yukari couldn't be read by a Gil with SNI, which is utterly false.

The wiki page pretty much reads that he can even see through a piece of Human History if he wanted to. He has no knowledge, but it doesn't matter, he will see it.

For example, take Aizen. If Gil's caught in KS, he's still going to casually see through it with SNI.

While Arrogace & Ego make Gil pretty useless, how does this even matter in this battle? Both are bloodlusted. Think of it as Gil vs BB.

BB is literally someone who had control over Time, space and Causality in the moon cell, yet Gil destroyed her.

When I say Gauge, I pretty much mean dodge, unless Yukari has something that cannot be dodged, at all. Gil will exactly know how to not be affected by the attack.

Unless Yukari is MASSIVELY faster than Gil is, I don't see how that point wasn't really brought up in the discussion.

Oh cool. He can look back and see history. Nice.

You forget conceptual attacks and reality warping. Of course I can't comment much on BB since I know shit about her and Aizen vs Gilg is something completely off topic and rather not get this off the rails.

Gauge =/= dodge eithe- I'm just so lost with your wording.

They had to equalize speed to make it fair since Gilg's combat speed is unknown.

That is just a fraction of what SNI can do. I only quoted Aizen to showcase SNI's abilities, since I don't think you're understanding my terrible examples, Lol. Think of it like this.

Suppose Gil is surrounded by various kinds of weapons, touching even a single one would kill him. He has no clue how the weapons are going to be fired. The only thing he knows is there is only one position where he won't be affected. SNI can show him the exact position, the exact way to be in that position to not be affected.

Except, Gil doesn't even have to know that there is a position where he won't be hit. He can just have SNI active continuously and not be affected by anything that is not in his speed range.

BB - What BB can do.

Exactly. They equalized speed. That means Gil can pretty much dodge anything Yukari throws at him as long as it does not somehow cover every single spot on whatever location they're fighting AND if the attack does not allow him to go into spirit form.

Right, and on a situation that every single attack out there is gonna slam into you despite seeing it in the future? Precognition vs an undodgeable attack? I do not deny that but on a situation that Gilgamesh doesn't expect or didn't 'oversee' an attack, it ain't gonna be fun dodging that.

Cool. Thanks. Immediately noticed how there's no spatial and temporal manipulation there whatsoever. Woot. Also... if it's the infinite time dimension and a realm with imaginary numbers is unquantifiable. But it's more the fact that I haven't checked how they defeated Gilgamesh. And with midterm coming up it's not a high priority.

.... Did you read what I said?

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
Oh cool. He can look back and see history. Nice.
You forget conceptual attacks and reality warping.
Then there's also the BFR situation... Again I point back to the situation of an unblockable attack... or undodgeable attack.... You know what danmaku is? And how an already 'dodgeable' danmaku is completely difficult to dodge then add in the fact that it's actually possible but looked down upon to make undodgeable danmaku?...

Either way this is pointless and tedious.

Gilgamesh

Under the abilities section : "Resistance to Mind Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Matter Manipulation, Time Manipulation, Probability Manipulation, and Spatial Manipulation"

which I think, comes from his fight against BB and I have no clue why BB's page doesn't show that.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not exactly sure what Conceptual Manipulation is defined as in this site, but won't the above abilities pretty much have Gil immune to Conceptual Manipulation?

A Danmaku wave can both be dodged and deflected. Gil ca just go Spirit Form and phase through the weapons.

Source

I do not know Japanese, so I'm not a 100% sure about the CCC feats, but Reppuzan mentions the whole Time-Space-Causality-Probability immunity.

Maybe it's because... they don't have it? Not sure.

No it does not... It makes him more resistant but certainly not to conceptual resistance. And he doesn't have a resistance to being turned 2-D either.

Danmakus can hit spirits.

Kidding. But it's not as if Gilg can stay that way forever.

Either way if it really is based on the imaginary numbers and infinite time thing I find it questionable. And if we don't have official sources either....

I'm pretty sure they have it, since BB basically hacked the moon cell and went god mode in it.

And I don't see what is stopping from Gil floating away as a Spirit. Would make it inconclusive, no?

Is there anyone who can translate Japanese to English on VsBW?

Honestly, I'll probably wait for someone who knows Fate more than I do.

Gotta have to ask for clarification.

Power nullification. And is it really in character for bloodlusted Gilgamesh to not attack and just keep running?

Or end this pointless debate.

@Core

As Llama stated, BB is a hard-core reality warper who can overwrite "The World" (which refers to the Reality Marble that makes up the concept of planet Earth), expunge it from existence, and replace it with one of her own choosing. All of the "game rules" were under her control, and she can distort time, move in "unlimited time", rewrite the laws of cause and effect, and manipulate matter at the atomic level.

No, it's not in character for Gil to not attack and keep running, especially when bloodlusted. However, considering the fact that he was effectively immune to the Earth Mother Goddess' authority (which works on the conceptual level) along with all of the above, he can easily stand his ground. Yukari's Boundary Manipulation can only be described as magic and the manipulation of concepts, both of which Gil has heavy resistance to at this level.

Define unlimited time because that's as impressive as the numbers all over again which are hard to primarily define. It would be more impressive to move in something that has no time. The other factors I believe in but seeing on the profile that the more servants or whatever beings BB created weakens her steadily. For all we know too she could just be editting a few thigns and didn't engage Gilgamesh on combat with those.

Yukari's power isn't magic based. Boundary Manipulation is directly interacting with conceptual manipulation and isn't magically fuelled. I doubt it's easy to define as that anyway. Trying to find Mother Goddess on Fate wiki and here right now but not progressing well...

Either way have a midterm to do so gotta stop responding soon. Otherwise I'd go full research mode.

@Burning

It's going to be a trilogy, but no announce date outside of 2017 has been announced.

@Core

The Mother Goddess is a primordial being that predates all life on Earth. After she was forgotten, her many facets became powerful Divine Spirits in themselves, including Tiamat. She never physically appears in the series, but other high-class Divine Spirits manipulate the concepts of civilization, life, and time with a thought and can shoot the concepts of planets even while massively weakened.

In the latter case, Gil hated her and would have destroyed her if not for Tiamat's threat, and she was treated as joke for much of the story.

Bump spams are fun huh.

Either way I doubt turning a planet into an attack is an attack that's based on dealing conceptual damage. More like transforming or using up something's energy and unleashing it as an actual attack. And defined weakened.

And are these all based on rough translations?

Reppuzan said:
@Burning

It's going to be a trilogy, but no announce date outside of 2017 has been announced.
I could have sworn that I saw that one of the movies was going to be released in January somewhere.

@Burning

Nope, otherwise KamiYasha, Promestein, CrossverseCrisis and I would all be watching it right now.

@Llama

Yes, this is the Content Revision board.

@Reppuzan, yea, but Burning said "Ask for it to be removed in the appropriate thread and then it can be remade" . Was wondering if this should be in another place.

@LlamaGod1411

You can probably post just the link to the match thread, since that's the Removal Thread's purpose.

That said, I could potentially do it for you, but I'd like some input from a Touhou supporter first.

Thank You.

The way things seem to be going in this thread, I'm not sure when a Touhou supporter would reply(Core has exams, apparently).

Nay. The interesting stuff finished so that means my midterms finished. But yeah it's over.

Frankly I expressed my suspicion of untranslated stuff but might as well remove it if it's outdated then. Just tired of seeing this again and again.

Honestly I've seen bictory and defeat threads get taken out of profiles before with no warning because they're now stomps or something updated. Just put the thread there.

Huh... what the heck was I talking about. I thought I saw a msg talking about whether a rematch should be done or not. Nevermind carry on. Must be a different thread.

It would depend if someone else wants to remake it. Not me though. But maybe Howard. I saw somewhere that he's a tsundere for Yukari.

Hey uh, sorry to pile in this thread, but I have a question regarding SNI of Gil. It is similar to Omegamo 's Omega Inforce? Or better? What do you guys think?

"Omega Inforce: It's Omegamon's exclusive innate Override Sequence that grants him great power and lets him see the immediate future. It also lends him unlimited stamina, allowing him to fight at peak capacity no matter what. This ability is enhanced upon receiving the X-Antibody, allowing him to always stay one step ahead of the opponent. It is this ability that makes Omegamon X a theoretically insurmountable opponent."

Back