• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burning_Full_Fingers

VS Battles
Retired
Gilgamesh somehow ends up in the Kill la Kill verse and sees Ryüko in action. He begins to stalk her (like somebody else we know) with every intent of making her his. Ragyō sees him doing so and decides to confront him. Upon their encounter, she rains several degrading insults on him. Gilgamesh is appalled (and frothing at the mouth. I know. How unsightly.). The fight takes place outside Honnouji Academy.

Gilgamesh: 8

Ragyō: 0

F/SN Gilgamesh in his High 7-A version and Base Ragyō. Speed is equalized. Both are bloodlusted. Who wins?

Gil trying to hit on Ragyo.....whoa. ^^;

Also technically, Gil is actually only High 7-A like Ragyo when using Enuma Elish. But it's whatever.

I feel that Ragyo may take this more due to higher stats, regen, and of being an actual, better fighter than Gil AFAIK of her to him. While she doesn't the vast weapon variety as the King himself and doesn't have something else like his precog and her mind control power being negated by his willpower (that'll work?) and his armor granting him even further resistance to it (which likely will null the mind control....mmm), Ragyo still feels like she can take this as Gil's very likely to not use anything other than GoB and maybe his Virmana.

The potency of the weapons from the GoB range from City to Mountain level, something that Ragyo is likely fine of taking given her much higher stats (even Berserker'S God Hand had a limit to handling against the many barrages from GoB). Gil's only option her would be if he chip-damaged Ragyo with his strongest weapons which he may likely not do right away. Even then, it's more of if a massive barrage of 7-A level weapons can pierce a High 7-A being like Ragyo. I feel that it COULD work, but only barely at the most. Even if she does get hurt, as long as none of them were ones that can f up with regen, Ragyo would heal up from any of those injuries (even if minor).

CQC is a no go as Ragyo is physically much stronger than Gil whose only Class PJ physically by his physical strength outside of his GoB. And it'd be worse once he gets gripped by Ragyo, where she'll either choke him out or otherwise (whatever she would likely do to a person like him). Gil could get up in the air and bombard Ragyo from afar (will just likely result in the same as above given her dura). But Ragyo also has her own form of flight that she can use to catch up to Gil in the air, so there's no safe spot for Gil in the air either.

The only way i see Gil even winning would be if he uses Ea and Enuma Elish, along with perhaps using Enkidu to restrain Ragyo in place for a bit. Even then, Gil using Enuma Elish would pretty much be the non-fullpowered one. Though even when finally using the only thing that can remotely injure Ragyo, Ragyo still has regen to heal from the damage. And since Gil is not likely to ever use EE at fp, he's pretty much f'd by either a punch (since his armor only protects him to up to 7-A level, which Ragyo is above that by a whole tier), or just forced to play chicken and do hit- and runs at her for a while.

I'm going with Ragyo here.

I thought High 7-A Gilgamesh means he's using Enuma Elish from the start? Because he's only at that level with it. Also, Gilgamesh is fully willing to use anything to put Ragyō down (though not that Planet level Enuma Elish) and vice-versa. I think he has a weapon that stops Regenerationn too.

G├íe Bolg (Òé▓ÒéñÒâ╗Òâ£Òâ½Òé», Gei Borugu): The spear of C├║ Chulainn, a massive two-meter long weapon with the ability to always strike the opponent's heart. However, Gilgamesh lacks the knowledge required to activate this ability, but can still fire it as a powerful projectile that inflicts wounds that cannot be healed with natural Regenerationn.

Immortal Slaying Scythe, Harpe (õ©ìµ¡╗Þ║½µ«║ÒüùÒü«ÚÄîÒâ╗ÒâÅÒâ½ÒâÜÒâ╝, Fujimi Koroshi no Kama - Harupē): The Snake Hunter's Scythe (Þøçþï®ÒéèÒü«ÚÄî, Hebigari no Kama), a divine sword from Greek mythology used by Perseus to kill the Gorgon Medusa and one of the many weapons inside Gilgamesh's Gate of Babylon. It is described as a monster-killing holy sword with a special shape similar to a scythe, having the cutting edge on the inside of the blade, though it isn't actually an outstanding sword by itself. Its true strength is its trait of Refraction of Longevity (Õ▒êµèÿÕ╗ÂÕæ¢, Kussetsu Enmei), which is a divine ability tat nullifies the "undying attribute" of immortals and inflicts wounds that cannot be restored by any methods other than healing in accordance to the natural laws.

Could they possibly stop Ragyō's Regenerationn?

That's only an attack. And yes, he does possess a weapon that stops regen. It's just a matter of weather it can pierce through Ragyo's Small Island level Dura or not.

Also, Gil is too damn arrogant to use Ea let alone it's attack unless he finds an opponent that's worthy like his old friend Enkidu.

Never mind, i just realized that your scenerio before the actual fight sort of implies that Gil is more than willing than.....well normally to use even his Ea. Though being like that may or may not just make him still use GoB at the start. Either that or perhaps using both then.

In this case, it's possible that he still has a chance if he just at least Enuma Elish the crap outta of Ragyo. Don't think she can take a whole lot of those at a time given the chance if Gil pulls off each one. Then he could unleash his more powerful weapons from the GoB, which may include the anti-regen ones, to stop Ragyo's regen.

Though Ragyo still has a chance of one-shotting Gil if he so much as slips up an opening to her.

Well, with Gil bloodlusted, he's going to firing his entire treasury (which includes weapons that cleave through space, fire laser beams, and drop the magical equivalent of nuclear bombs. In addition, he has numerous shields that can tank attacks for him and easily blocked a fake Excalibur blowing up in his face.

Then there's Ea, which is a conceptual weapon that can and will bust planets when it's fully charged. A casual, uncharged blast matched then blew away Excalibur. Ragyo has never faced a weapon with that kind of scale before and will thus fall to it even with her regen.

Then there's the fact that her usual mind hax won't work on Gil due to his incredible ego that resisted having All the World's Evils poured on it, allowing Gil to retain his own mind (but becoming somewhat more evil) in the process.

So with Gil bloodlusted, he takes this Mid-Difficulty.

Aren't Servants - being spirits - supposed to be immune to non-magical attacks, or are we just ignoring that for the sake of the battle and/or because Gil got a physical body from Angra Mainyu at the end of Fate/Zero?

Plus, Gilgamesh's versions of the weapons in his vault are the original versions of the weapons, meaning that they're magnitudes more powerful than the versions wielded by the various Heroic Spirits (IIRC most of them are EX-ranked) and thus should be able to penetrate Ragyo's durability... provided he can hit her.

Even if he can't, if he's bloodlusted enough to wield his entire arsenal he probably has something in his vault that could even the odds, and failing that he could just blast her with Enuma Elish.

@Arawn

To be fair, Life Fibers are anything but ordinary and have displayed numerous supernatural properties that can be considered magical (such as the transformation ability and its ability to turn the user's skin as hard as armor). They're aliens, but they're old enough to have Mystery (having arrived before the dinosaurs). Plus the OP said Fate/Stay Night Gilgamesh, so yes he has a physical body.

I'm going with Gilgamesh for Reppuzan's reasoning, there isn't really much I can add on to that.

I don't have enough time now to comment, but I'll return to this tomorrow. Hopefully , this tomorrow is before the thread actually concludes like last time lol.

I'm still iffy on the whole "life fibers are magic" business. They are more like sci fi Applied Phlebotonium , and Mystery only exists in the Nasuverse, not the KLK verse, so they wouln't have that. Also, her mental refit physically messes with and rewrites the opponent's brain. I'm not sure it is something that can be shrugged off with sheer will power.

As for the other stuff, I'll need to think about it.

@Monarch

For reference, Divine Spirits, who have some of the highest levels of Mystery the Nasuverse, began as prehistoric bacteria (not making this up).

All the World's Evils blackens the entire body down to the spiritual level, can give spiritual beings like Servants physical forms, and mess with the way their bodily functions work. I'm more than certain that it's more potent than anything Ragyo can put out.

I'm not giving a vote, but no while having supernatural abilities that defy physics, Life Fibers are not magic. They're treated as extremely advanced alien organisms. It's like saying Kryptonians or Saiyans are magical beings due to the impossible stuff they do.

And if someone's "will power" managed to let them resist Mind Manipulation, they should be able to resist Mental Refitting based upon how powerful the MM was and/or how powerful the resisting was.

But sheer will power alone isn't going to resist it. Or the soldiers that've been conditioned for years to the point of almost brainwashing to be loyal servants to Satsuki at all cost wouldn't have been instantly rewritten.

@Ryukama

In the Nasuverse, anything that's sufficiently old has Mystery since it exists naturally in the environment and declines over time. Some of the highest magical creatures in the Nasuverse, Divine Spirits (aka Gods), began as prehistoric bacteria that crashed into the Earth via meteor (sound familiar)? Heck, Thomas Ediso would have more Mystery than someone in the modern day simply because he was born in an earlier year.

All The World's Evils also messes with the brain, imprinting hell on it and restructuring the bodies of the afflicted to the point of replacing vital organs or granting Saber Alter a healing factor.

And in the KLKverse, magic does not exist and Life Fibers do not have any of it. Unless this match is doing some verse equalization like giving non-DB characters ki or something.

@Rep, Life Fibers aren't from Nasuverse. Verse Equalsation only affects comparable things like Chakra and Chi, and KLK has no equivalent to Mystery. Just because life-fibers are old doesn't mean they are able to generate this magical Mystery energy.

Also, about Gil resisting AtWE... I'm not sure he did. Or at least not completely. Sure he claims to, but maybe he just thinks that, and AtWE is more subtle than he thinks. He certainly seems like more of an a-hole in SN than in Zero.

Monarch Laciel said:
@Rep, Life Fibers aren't from Nasuverse. Verse Equalsation only affects comparable things like Chakra and Chi, and KLK has no equivalent to Mystery. Just because life-fibers are old doesn't mean they are able to generate this magical Mystery energy.
Also, about Gil resisting AtWE... I'm not sure he did. Or at least not completely. Sure he claims to, but maybe he just thinks that, and AtWE is more subtle than he thinks. He certainly seems like more of an a-hole in SN than in Zero.
I recall it being stated that the reason Gilgamesh was more of a jerk in FSN than in FZ was because he spent 10 years living in the modern world, hating every second of it despite being a massive hedonist, and it drove him a little crazier than he already was.

@Monarch

To put it bluntly, things as simple as proper breathing have Mystery. The Life Fiber's abilities should squarely fall under this same notion.

But my point on All the World's Evils still stands. Ragyo is not brain haxing Gil any time soon.

To put it bluntly, things are only that way in Nasuverse and other series clearly do not work as such.

Unless you want to argue that verse equalization is necessary here, Life Fibers do not have Mystery.

@Ryukama

But Ragyo still has no way of addressing brain outfitting, given that Gil has taken worse mind hax before.

I'm not arguing whether or not mind hax will work on Gil. And as I said

"And if someone's "will power" managed to let them resist Mind Manipulation, they should be able to resist Mental Refitting based upon how powerful the MM was and/or how powerful the resisting was."

All I'm saying is that Life Fibers are not magical and do not have this "Mystery" stuff.

On the topic of mental refitting, I'm just saying that it physically changes your brain. It reaches in and rewires the neurons so you do whatever Ragyo tells you to. It isn't something you can resist by willpower, because willpower is part of your brain, and your brain is being rewired.

Additionally, AtWE works through magic, and Gil was wearing his armour when he was doused in the grail curses, so its highly likely his armour's super high magic resist is what let him resist the corruption, and he's just claiming his own will resisted it because he's an arrogan SOaB (and I love him for it). That won't help against the Life Fibers.

@Monarch

Er... no.

Saber also has super high magic resistance to the point that she's literally untouchable to modern magi and even attacks way above her durability basically bounce off. To even affect her, Caster needed to render Saber powerless by severing her contract through Shirou. Even still, All the World's Evils completely blackened her with ease.

Gil's Magic Resistance with his armor is comparable and he was still unaffected.

Isn't his magic resist C without his armour, and with it the resistance is S? While Saber's is only A

Plus, when Saber was corrupted it was an active directed attack from Sakura wasn't it? It's reasonable to assume that the grail simply "spilling" because Saber blew it up wouldn't be quite as effective.

@Monarch

There is no S Rank in the Nasuverse.

Gil also made Saber step into the mud during his ending in Fate/Unlimited Codes, which slowly turned her into Saber Alter regardless.

Ok, I must have been mistaken on the rankings then and corruption resist then.

Still, my point about will power being useless when your brain is physically being overwritten still stands.

@Monarch

All The World's Evils overwrites the very bodies of spiritual beings, granting them physical form, restructures and imprints hell on the brain, and can even replace body organs.

Ragyo's mind hax is still get resisted.

I am calling PIS on that feat right there. Resisting having your brain literally restructured by willpower, when by all logic willpower is part of your brain.

But fiction often doesn't make any sense, so ok, no mind hax.

BTW what does it mean to "imprint hell"

As for the other stuff, probably Gil still wins. If he's angry enough to be frothing at the mouth, he's angry enough to be using his entire treasury, and that thing has hax out the wazzoo.

@Monarch

Imprinting hell is literally forcing the brain to experience every sin imaginable, all the crimes, anguish, grief, sorrow, desires, and feelings of every person who has ever been wronged at once. "Ugliness that can't be acknowledged", "unseeable darkness", such pain and death that those who view it will literally want to eat themselves to escape it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back