• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Getting this over with: Esdeath's Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee_One

VS Battles
Retired
I swear if this goes downhill....

Okay people, I have been debating this for years since I came on this site, but now I think it's time to give it a rest.

So, let's go over the details of Esdeath's storm.

In the final chapters of AGK, Esdeath states that due to her not fighting for a period of time she was stocking power over the course of 3 Days

During this time she creates ice Soldiers using a small bit of her power.

Within the final mini arc of AGK, she absorbs these soldiers and creates a storm, (Calc on the profile).

For a while we considered this to be Environmental destruction and an outlier and back then I would agree, but now, I'm not sure.

The feat itself only scales to Esdeath and Akame, as Tatsumi, who is High 7A (6C depending on the calc), got crushed under Esdeath's feet.

Two, this Storm DOES increase her physical stats, earlier in the series she's comparable to that of Tatsumi and the rest of the group, once she uses the storm, a stronger version of Tatsumi gets one shotted by her.

Now the big issue, yes, prep time was needed to make her strong enough to make the storm, but that doesn't detract by the fact that she made and maintained the storm once she got that strong.

Once she's dead, the storm goes away.

Discuss a bit more, for I am bit neutral on this.

Yeah.

Furthermore, if that Low 6-B+ calc gets accepted, it would establish consistentcy.

Since they'd only need to be 40% stronger to be baseline 6-B, and Esdeath is already upscaled to 6-C from a feat 40% below baseline 6-C.

So esdeath with the storm one shots Tyrant, who is stronger than his previous form who one-shotted a casual 5 teraton mech.

Super consistent.

And yeah, since she maintained it for hours with no strain, and it dissipated when she died...

Gathering power over time was to merely kickstart the storm itself.

I was actually wrong about the fight being hours long, so ignoring that you're right.

Esdeath could had been holding back the entire time and when once Tatsumi got that new form she could had decided to take it seriously and easily one shotted him. also there is this weird fact in anime where characters get stronger w/out training

Holding back doesn't make your Durability go down and she got hurt several times

Tatsumi was able to lightly injure Esdeath without ISCIC. But with the Ice Storm active, she curbstomped his Tyrant form.

So, is it Country level with prep / under ISCIC since she built up her power over the course of three days? I could agree to that...

Also, where's the Small Country level+ Tatsumi calc? O_O

Didn't Esdeath stop time when Mine was about to hit her with a blast or something? I've always thought her base durability was inferior to her AP.

Esdeath did in fact Time Stop Mine's blast

Then again, a blast from her was able to damage Nudou

The storm issue is not so solid, but Esdeath probably doesn't need it since she one-shot someone that's > Small Country level+.

Wasn't the feat recalculated at 6-B?

Anyway, I agree. The storm increases her physical abilities and stamina, and if she could absorb it, it would make no sense for her to create a storm that doesn't amp herself as much as the energy needed to create the storm in the first place.

I checked Versus' blog and there's a High 7-A version by Liger. Assuming it's the accepted version, there'd be no Low 6-B feat again, but I think Esdeath should be "At least Island level, likely Country level with ISCIC".

@Gargoyle

It's the part about her needing to build up power over three days.

Burning Full Fingers said:
I checked Versus' blog and there's a High 7-A version by Liger. Assuming it's the accepted version, there'd be no Low 6-B feat again, but I think Esdeath should be "At least Island level, likely Country level with ISCIC".
I don't know about having an At Least but I can agree to this. What is her AP lvl for her 6-C?

It may need some changes. IIRC it assumed the freeze height was like 500 Kilometers. Even though the atmosphere doesn't meaningfully extend anywhere past 100

Bit of an issue with Liger's part of the evaluation. I plugged in the equation and still get 27.3 Radians. So either I am just ignorant of the Angsize formulas, or he made an error.

Turns out the High 7-A result from the blast is correct, ****.....

I'm gonna just Hakai that blog, since there's legit to point in it existing.

VersusJunkie54 said:
Turns out the High 7-A result from the blast is correct, ****.....

I'm gonna just Hakai that blog, since there's legit to point in it existing.
Well....that sucks...

It's been a long time since I've read AGK but it seems like once Esdeath has her prep energy she should be country level. Why not give her a "Prep" key?

Right now her second key is "with ISCIC active," but my point is that once she's built up energy, wouldn't her power in general just be upgraded? Even if she didn't activate ISCIC? Maybe I'm misunderstanding

The storm disipated when she died. Implying that she was the one maintaining that power once it got going. And she maintained it casually for an extended period of time.

VersusJunkie54 said:
I think that something like At least Island level, likely Country Level should suffice?
Wait but u saod that the blast of Sho-whatever its name is (lol) said it was High 7-A....that would means everythings goes back to the way it was? it wouldnt be fair to just give Esdeath more AP when the calc is still High 7-A

"With ISCIC active" makes it seem like the storm amped her AP, but she had the energy to create the storm in the first place, which is why I thought the key would be something like "After gathering energy for a few days" or something.

BlackeJan said:
VersusJunkie54 said:
I think that something like At least Island level, likely Country Level should suffice?
Wait but u saod that the blast of Sho-whatever its name is (lol) said it was High 7-A....that would means everythings goes back to the way it was? it wouldnt be fair to just give Esdeath more AP when the calc is still High 7-A
I scrapped the blast calc because it was somehow less than the crater calc. So no, the 6-C upscaling is not going anywhere.

Malikobama1 said:
"With ISCIC active" makes it seem like the storm amped her AP, but she had the energy to create the storm in the first place, which is why I thought the key would be something like "After gathering energy for a few days" or something.
Hmm, that may be better

VersusJunkie54 said:
BlackeJan wrote Wait but u saod that the blast of Sho-whatever its name is (lol) said it was High 7-A....that would means everythings goes back to the way it was? it wouldnt be fair to just give Esdeath more AP when the calc is still High 7-A
I scrapped the blast calc because it was somehow less than the crater calc. So no, the 6-C upscaling is not going anywhere.
Can u dumb it down for me lol. I meant she would just go back to her tiers from b4 of basically what she is right now b4 the change

No! thats not what i meant! im saying if the calc for that thing was High 7-A then it wouldnt make sense to give her more AP when the calc is still High 7-A thus she should be back to her current tier

This was already discussed to death on a previous thread, and decided. I'll say it again.

At least 6-C, likely 6-B. (Effortlessly One-Shotted Tyrant who is much stronger than Shikoutaer. After storing up power for a few days, she created and maintained an ice storm of this magnitude for an extended period of time. Said storm disipated when she died)

Unless we should skip this and just have Esdeath be solid 6-B with no lowball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back