• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Getting this over with: Esdeath's Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the calc itself may need to have some adjustments. The area and stuff is fine. But the height is completely wrong. It assumed a freeze height of 550ish kilometers. When the atmosphere only extends about 100 kilometers.

Didn't know Esdeath could freeze empty space ovo

I hope she's around 15/20 Tera, so that I can finally make Link vs Akame Then again, iirc there are only two Links at that level and they're almost fodder, so Akame will probably beat them fairly easy.

VersusJunkie54 said:
This was already discussed to death on a previous thread, and decided. I'll say it again.
At least 6-C, likely 6-B. (Effortlessly One-Shotted Tyrant who is much stronger than Shikoutaer. After storing up power for a few days, she created and maintained an ice storm of this magnitude for an extended period of time. Said storm disipated when she died)

Unless we should skip this and just have Esdeath be solid 6-B with no lowball.
But she was just 6-C though (w/out the At Least) and idk what she had for the ISIS but yeah. i can agree to this but making her solid 6-B is a no to me

The crater calc is fine. The blast calc was from the same attack that made the crater. The former was higher than the blast. So there was 0 point in it staying.

Actually did the calc for Low 6-B Tatsumi accepted? if not then yes i disagree to the solid 6-B sine yes she did one shot Tatsumi (At Least High 7-A+) it wouldnt make sense that she would be 6-B just cause the county was in the storm (thats like saying if i hold a cube in my hand then i become that cube as well or if i can BARELY lift something up then im suddenly just as strong as that object) and yes she was getting stronger i doubt it would be solid 6-B plus it looked like her one shotting Tatsumi was her Full Power (while using ISIS)

BlackeJan said:
Actually did the calc for Low 6-B Tatsumi accepted? if not then yes i disagree to the solid 6-B sine yes she did one shot Tatsumi (At Least High 7-A+) it wouldnt make sense that she would be 6-B just cause the county was in the storm (thats like saying if i hold a cube in my hand then i become that cube as well or if i can BARELY lift something up then im suddenly just as strong as that object) and yes she was getting stronger i doubt it would be solid 6-B plus it looked like her one shotting Tatsumi was her Full Power (while using ISIS)
Huh

I disagree with the top.

It as made very clear that the technique was only possible because she charged it for 3 days. There is no way that scales to her normal AP and hence also not to anyone else.

"But she maintained the storm so she has to be able to do that without the energy, right?"

Aside from going against the narrative regarding this technique this argument forgets that there is a simple different explanation for the fact that the storm disappears if she dies.

There is essentially this giant energy amount she invested in the technique when she started it. Once she dies the control over the technique is lost, meaning all the energy that was invested into it loses its form and dissipates on its own ending the storm.

Meaning there is no need for her to have the technique constantly supplied with energy.

That is all wrong.

The fact that the storm itself was tied to her body, and dissipated when she died means that she is the source. It doesn't take a genius to see that. The energy she gathered was merely to kickstart the storm itself.

Not necessarily, she can also just be the control of storm, while the energy was provided from the get go. As said, if you have a bunch of energy it will simply dispers once the one controling it disappears, so the energy wouldn't continue upholding the technique.

Would also explain why wo don't see her continously radiate energy upwards, like when she started the technique.

Not to mention that even maintaining the storm would not justify scaling to the calc. The calc method used only applies for the initial cooling, the energy to keep things that cold is magnitudes less.

So maybe it would be better to use a diffierent calc method? She still maintained an active ice storm that covered the empire. Even if the initial cooling was instantaneous.

Is instability a thing for Ice-Storms?

The point is:

Esdeath absorbs said amount of energy, then releases said energy into a storm that via statements and feats make her stronger.

Why would she disperse the energy if she didn't take a comparable boost by using ISIC?

Yeah. The storm very clearly boosted her physical power. As she curbstomped Tatsumi's strongest form, when Esdeath without the storm was lightly injured by his second form. And Esdeath felt threatened enough by a Pumpkin Blast to use Mahapdama

Esdeath wanted to prevent a war of attrition by threatening the entire country (she said as much), which justifies her dispersing all of the energy she absorbed from charging the ice soldiers for 3 days. That is literally the only reason she would do an attack with such a large AoE, instead of just covering the city.

The storm also does make her more powerful, as she herself states on the occasion that with it snowing she has full access to her abilities. It's just that this stat increase stands in no relation to the energy necessary to create the storm.

@Versus: Instability isn't what you are searching for, if you wish to calculate that. What you need is a Joule per second value. What one would like to calculate in that regards is the heat flow from the outside of the area her technique affects towards the area her technique affects. But converctive heat transfer is a huge part of that, which means that I don't know how to calculate that given that I'm not a meteorologist.

Though, as said, I am not necessarily even agreeing with maintenance.

I also don't know how to get a joule per second value. So for now, I'm just going to make an attempt to calculate based off of instability. Since she did maintain it for an extended period of time.

Volume of ice storm. 1.1811868967e16 Cubic meters.

Mass of storm, 1.4469539484575e16 Kg

Weak instability, 1000 J per kg

Energy. 3458 megatons. High 7-A+

Sigh...... And the method you suggested would likely be far far below this.

You know what? **** this thread and the topic. Can someone close this and make a rule in the discussion rules banning this topic? I'm sick and tired of dealing with it.

I reopened this thread, since we still may need to write a discussion rule. Does anybody have a suggestion for how to word it?

I closed this peice of shit for a reason. Enviormental Destruction is an utterly worthless term tbh. And there's no reason for it to be on her profile any longer.

Additonally, WeekyBattles told me once that the site is actually trying to get rid of that term anyways.

Any alternatives to calc the energy needed to maintain the ice storm aren't going to get any values higher than what has already been established in past revisions. So please Ant, just close this thread. And make a Discussion Rule to not bring it up ever again.

I am fine with closing this hread, but am not well informed enough to write a discussion rule for this. You or soembody else have to state it here. After that I can add it.

"Please do not attempt to scale Esdeath to her Ice- Storm. As this topic has been repeatedly debunked, and discussed endlessly, and in some cases the threads even became hostile. As it was decided that Esdeath should not scale to energy she needed 3 days to build up."

How's this?

This perhaps?

"Please do not attempt to scale Esdeath to her ice-storm. It was decided that Esdeath should not scale to energy that she needed 3 days to build up to, and the topic has been discussed and debunked repeatedly."

Okay. I will add it and close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back