• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Getbackers: Terrible Profiles, NLFs and Unjustified Profiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matthew Schroeder said:
According to ALRF, the Archiver is just 5-B lol.
5-B how? The archiver would at least be high 3-A or maybe low 2-C due to the sheer fact that it created the Virtual World of GetBackers which is a parallel universe in itself having it's own laws for allowing supernatural abilities that were impossible to have in the real world. The Archiver also created parallel dimensions from where alternate versions of the characters could attack the main cast. The Archiver also holds the power to control the fate of the entire universe and could change whatever event it wanted. It was specifically the Archiver's status of being a god that led to the final arc of the series where everyone fought to change the fate of the universe.

Guys, the tiers have another thread. Whatever the tier, it's not a "wank". It was all upgraded later on via CRT, those tiers weren't there in the original profiles. Do a CRT to downgrade them again, like how i upgraded them with agreement from other people.

Let's discuss on the powers and abilities like you were suspecting Matt, i wanna see how wank-y they are.

Tman766 said:
His 2-A justification despite not having hinted to create infinite universes or even embodying them.

His concept manipulation being type 2 despite no such proof of it and the most it could be is type 3 for the creation of superpowers and stuff. Heck, as far as I can recall, the term "concept" was never mentioned in Getbackers so idk how that correlates here with concept manipulation.

His type 5 acausality despite how Makubex was able to see and interact with it and even read the data from it

His type 1 abstract existence despite him being an embodiment of all the countless possiblities. Iirc, the archiver is just a machine created to contain all of the possibilities of the real world and was used to create the parallel world of Getbackers.

His large size being type 9 despite only being shown as a few meters big in diameter

For the others, why are they even at low 2-C??? They never affected any universe. And if the justification comes from them messing around with the I.F., it's just a castle sized fortress with it's own reality. Nothing about it states it being universe sized and lol, how come they all are universal+ when they were fighting specifically to change the flow of fate of the very universe they were i.
Don't bring up TA's tier in this thread, he has it's own thread but then again. That tier was discussed first and not given by me when the profile was created. It can be downgraded or kept at that it depends on the raw scans though it's not a topic for this thread, it's not related to either NLF or Unjustifications.

Well when i created it it was type 3, though ppl said that predating existence and manipulating concepts such as Nothingness and Chaos, is enough for type 2.

He created and predated the flow of time in the virtual world. The Archiver brough Makubex into the realm to interact (literally talk to him, makubex could do jack to him otherwise), but there was also the things about Makubex being born from TA (i think it was something like this, im not too sure), but yeah besides him and Ginji no one could interact with him. Then again TA had type 4 when i made the profiles, but as i said predating the flow of time and creating it is apparntly enough for type 5 and that was changed later on.

Well he exists as possibilities and information thoughout the whole world. At first i was vouching for type 3 likely type 1, idk when that was made a clear type 1 doe, am a bit unsure. We can discuss his and then clean that part up, im down for that.

I think that is just a miss interpretation of his omnipresence, am a bit unsure on that. I don't remember adding that in the og profile.

That was due to Monarch suggesting that if IF sustains a whole universe to the point where it's destruction would cause the universe to collapse, then destroying it would be much like destroying a character with that much durability. I was against this at first, though ant and nedge also agreed with Monarch, so they were ultimately added.

ShiroyashaGinSan said:
For the verse who technically started Suggsverse, I'm not surprised by this
Related. Didn't start though. Suggs was responsable for the GetBackers deception, though Suggsverse had started long before that happened.

Thanks for the info, but we should not derail further.

Anyways since people seem to have vastly different opinions about the Archive'rs tier, can we unite them to debate in a single thread?

We are currently discussing about TA's tier and it's either 2-B or 2-A rn, we can't be truly sure untill we find the raw scans. TA's tier is a small issue. This thread was made cus matt doubts everything in the profile and...

to unite them in a single thread is a "really bad" idea. Having a thread that talks about tier and hax and proof at the same time when we have them divided already would just bring about more confusion, chaos and derailing. I think it's fine to continue with 2 threads.

hop on here for the tiers

Another problem I have is when the pages got created, weaknesses were missed and one time ass things got added to the profiles.

Example 1: Ban needs to look into your eyes directly for his Evil Eye to work on you, proven when Hikishi walked in to the bar and owned Ban and Ginji. Ban stated he couldn't use his Evil Eye on him because of Hishiki's sunglasses blocking his eyes. Another is if Mido uses the Evil Eye a fourth time in the same day he is erased from existence.

Example 2: The Divine Desig is missing it's weakness, Lucifer states that if exactly 1% of your brain believes in the cards, they can effect you. If you have even 1% of doubt, you won't be able to use the cards. This means if you know 100% don't believe in them their power has no effect on you.

Why were these weaknesses missed?. These profiles were rushed and only seem to focus on the good stuff. Also, speaking of the Divine Design Cards... Take that shit off Ban's and whoever else's profile their on with the exception of Maria and Lucifer's profile.

Maria and Lucifer are the only two who have full decks and Maria never even touched hers for a long time and Lucifer throws his away by the end.

The others like Ban and Ginji don't have full decks and literally only use some cards for that Arc only and lose them at the end of said Arc. It's not standard equipment because they don't have them normally.

Take it off their standard equipment and remove all of the powers and abilities gained by the cards from their profiles. With the exception of Maria, Lucifer and The Witch Queen because she was the original holder.

1: That is not exactly true, i mean it is but there are some problems. They were special glasses. Ban once used the Jagan on the mafia through a TV screen (which as you may know doesn't even show anything but it creates an exact image of what you're seeing) so they weren't even looking at Ban techincally speaking and they were still affected by the Jagan. I think that just Hishiki has special glasses that prevent this given that he already knew about the Jagan in the first place and that Ban has the "through a tv screen" case.

2: Well that's on the user. If the user has even 1% of doubt then the cards won't take effect. You can doubt the card as much as you want, they will still stomp you. Forgot that even random civilians on the street were affected by the effects (couldn't see ban and the others when they turned invisible), random buildings, people saw them walking in thin air and through a window, Ban didn't believe in the cards when he fought Lucifer etc. The users need to believe fully for them to take effect, it has nothing to do with the cards though, believe or don't believe the cards will still take effect on you (as an opponent).

About Ban and Ginji that was because they were split in betwen him and ginji, so they had to share that, it was a plot convinience. And about "standard equipment" they were standard equipment for sometime (before they burned the darned things), and as such i decided that on Ban and Ginji they should be treated similarly to how we treat Randall and his grapefruit/black 13. Where the Op has to specify that the user does have these cards in this fight and not taken as actual standard equipment. Lancer also agreed to this solution iirc, and i "think" you did aswell back then (i think, don't remember for sure).

Do you have a scan stating they were special glasses because I don't recall this.

Lucifer literally states all he had to do was get them to believe in the Divine Design so they would think those curses were actually real. You also forget Lucifer already started spreading fake Divine Design Cards across the world and the series is actually popular, so those random people on the street got effected. So it is a legit weakness.

You're ignoring actually weaknesses that was stated by Lucifer himself.

They were standard equipment for one Arc and they lose them at the end of the Arc. This is the equivalent of me adding Weather Manipulation to Danny Phantom profile or the Reality Gauntlet because he used them one and they were major plot points.

There is no real reason to add the Divine Design to their profiles other than trying to add more hax.

Anyway I'm done, I'm still sleepy and my phone is about to die. Do whatever you like I'm only suppose to be dealing with their Stats anyway.

Matthew Schroeder said:
The irony is that the Getbackers deception was in some cases less wanked than the current profiles.
You got no basis for calling anything wank, yet you keep calling them wank...

LordGriffin1000 said:
Lucifer literally states all he had to do was get them to believe in the Divine Design so they would think those curses were actually real. You also forget Lucifer already started spreading fake Divine Design Cards across the world and the series is actually popular, so those random people on the street got effected. So it is a legit weakness.

You're ignoring actually weaknesses that was stated by Lucifer himself.

They were standard equipment for one Arc and they lose them at the end of the Arc. This is the equivalent of me adding Weather Manipulation to Danny Phantom profile or the Reality Gauntlet because he used them one and they were major plot points.
Then what about the buildings getting destroyed and people seeing ban walk through a window and "not believe it". If they had any idea of the cards existence and their power they wouldn't react in such disbelief.

Though i don't actually remember Lucifer stating that, do you have a scan?

Also for 1 arc is enough. There are people like Kuudou Hinokage who has had his power for literally like 7 chapters and he has it in the profiles, all though in a specified key. I supose i could do the same (make a different key). I'll let the others decide on what the best course of action here is.

I have like 999 verses on my to do list (Hxh Is crossed out as nobody cares about it now), though I can add getbackers and revise this stuff later if that is needed

Hykuu said:
I have like 999 verses on my to do list (Hxh Is crossed out as nobody cares about it now), though I can add getbackers and revise this stuff later if that is needed
You mean like read getbackers? Or have you already read it and will contribute to the profiles and stuff?

Ookay...so like what are we talking about now? Like the first topic was the abilities and now what are we discussing?

Wait, he would be 5-B via embodying all the possibilities for "the world"?

This may not even be "the entire planet" in context because "the world" can very well mean "all of humanity".

Nah i already explained why the archiver is not 5-B in the other thread. Don't worry The Archiver is not going below 2-B, he may stay at 2-A doe. It was just a missinterpretation that made ALRF think TA is 5-B.

@Matt you have what other doubts. Keep the tiering for another thread, im here to debunk NLF and bad profiles meaning mostly hax or other ratings that are not AP (speed, IQ, etc).

You mean like read getbackers? Or have you already read it and will contribute to the profiles and stuff?

Read getbackers

Griffin is mostly responsable for the tiers and he was also part of the thread that gave them everything they have on the profile. Then again Griffin has already read the series before and i don't think he has any problems with the hax on the profiles. And there is also this:

Tman766

I just finished reading Getbackers and I can vouch that most of the abilities the characters have is okay.

But yeah, this was mostly made to answer your claims, but you can just check the GB Discussion thread where Lord Griffin along with Lancer gave input regarding their hax.

Mattthew can you please stop being so insistent?

You've never actually proven anything with your statements, all you did was abuse appeal to authority, even after people such as kep came in and confirmed that Earl is right.

Oh, Also Griffith agreed with 2-A archiver on another thread, so the point is moot. I feel like you are really not caring about the profiles themselves, but only antagonizing who made them...

Why is it that people keep saying fancy nonsense like "puttin words in my mouth :mad:" instead of simply saying "strawman"?

Anyways, came here to spectate, unless i come across a fallacious point which hasn't been refuted yet. From both sides.

Kahndaq Lord said:
Why is it that people keep saying fancy nonsense like "puttin words in my mouth :mad:" instead of simply saying "strawman"?
Anyways, came here to spectate, unless i come across a fallacious point which hasn't been refuted yet. From both sides.
Welcome!...i guess.

This is a bit stagnant rn since Matt doesn't seem to be asking or questioning anything anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back