• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Getbackers: Terrible Profiles, NLFs and Unjustified Profiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew_Schroeder

VS Battles
Retired
So basically we've hit a roadblock when it comes to the Getbackers series.

As they stand today, the profiles contain a phletora of overly long, ridiculously lengthy Powers & Abilities lists that include next to no justification for any ability, and the ones that are explained possess little scans and are treated with the utmost level of NLF on threads and the profiles themselves.

These profiles are for a supposedly 2-B series, and offer little to no proof, no explanations, and no decent reliable members backing them up. They are in a frankly unnaceptable state, and people have become increasingly suspicious of their legitimacy. It doesn't help that the user primary responsible of them was previously banned from making Medaka Box profiles and revision threads out of a continued, demonstrable unreliability and extreme wank.

So yeah, we need to do something about this. Preferably start by bringing scans and removing the bs from the profiles.

As someone that hasn't read the profiles, I guess I'll ask about what exactly are the most pressing issues first and foremost.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
As someone that hasn't read the profiles, I guess I'll ask about what exactly are the most pressing issues first and foremost.
NLF Law Manipulation

Little to no evidence for 90% of the powers

NLF everything really

Why is the Law Manip NLF.

Scan in the profiles you may have missed. If a transcendential can't imagine it, it can't happen. This comes due to the fact that they manipulate the highest logic in reality (as stated in the manga). Ban and Akabane are possessers of this "highest logic". And up untill the last fight Akabane has never thought about losing and as stated in the scan, it cannot materialize.

About 90% of the powers do you want me to like dump 344 chapters into the profiles? I posted scans for the most "important" things such as logic manip, reality warping, fate manip etc. Ban's magic doesn't have scans cus it's not all that important, it's just minor hax in addition to his arsenal.

Define the rest of your NLF.

Law Manipulation comes from Ban's Logic ability, which is a combination of reality warping, law manip and some others - condensed down, he basically rewrites events based off of what his own imagination extends to.

Kepekley23 said:
Law Manipulation comes from Ban's Logic ability, which is a combination of reality warping, law manip and some others - condensed down, he basically rewrites events based off of what his own imagination extends to.
True, though 1 clarification. It's more like the main ability is Information Manipulation (we decided upon that in another thread), the rest (Deconstruction, BFR, Law Manip, Negation etc) are applications of this.

Someday, people will start making blogs to support the endless list of powers before they go on to make the profile proper. On that day, the wiki shall enter an age of prosperity that shall last until Dragon Ball somehow goes tier 1 feats, defying all human logic forevermore.

In seriousness, my two cents on this is that nowadays we're extending or claiming way too many things to be Law Manip or other similarly high level powers.

For one, if Imagination based stuff insta qualified as Law Manipulation, even someone like Jasdevi would have it. Most of the time it's your everyday reality warping.

@FateAlbane

But it is Law Manipulation. Although the profile could have explained it better, it isn't terribly wanked.

@Fate

We don't treat it as Law Manip because it's from imagination. It's because it manifests in the form of Laws. Example Ban and Akabane believe they are invincible and therefore they are (this is the idea behind believing it makes it true), no matter what they will win in a fight. Besides this being called "Logic" in verse this a lot similar to how a Law would apply in the world.

That's probably why it was pointed as NLF.
As the profile currently stands, we're saying the character can basically neg stuff that he should have no means to deal with based on "oh, he wouldn't imagine that happening" when said thing could well be something he wasn't ever faced with in-verse or of a higher scale.

Kepekley23 said:
@Fate
We can assume it works up until 5-D characters. That makes it not a NLF. But, of course, some specific powers would also be able to work around it.
4D. I've always said it's 2-A in potency. 2-A is still 4D iirc.

Kepekley23 said:
@Fate
We can assume it works up until 5-D characters. That makes it not a NLF. But, of course, some specific powers would also be able to work around it.
That sounds like saying if I throw an SMT character at them they win by negging them or something of the like. Yeah, it's going to need some good in-verse backing for stuff like that.

Of course, I know nothing of Getbackers so I stand neutral. What I agree with here is that the profiles and the verse could probably benefit from a more detailed blog/explanations. Other than that, I'm fine here.

Let's go through the process that something like this goes through all the time in order to speed things along. I don't care either way as of now.

Common Response #1: Are you saying that Ban can go up to any 4-D entitiy (Common ones brought up being SMT and Digimon) and just Law hax his way to victory? Just null everything from beings far above his paygrade and far above the God Tier's paygrade? People who surpass him by a literal infinity?

,ight as well get that one out of the way.

"Are you saying" responses are no more relevant than "this character is commonly regarded as OP, so I don't want this ability to work on him". As long as the character isn't higher dimensional or equatable to it, and doesn't have a resistance to a similar ability...yes, by all means it should.

Personal conceptions of a character's power mean absolutely nothing in a debate, people.

The way Ban's imagination is handled is terribly wanked and the scan provided doesn't show it as Law Manipulation in the slightest.

Just saying that you don't think it'll work on 5D characters and above doesn't change the fact that it's wanked. That's like a guy who thinks Saitama is 3-A saying that he isn't wanking Saitama because he doesn't think Saitama can one-punch The Living Tribunal.

FateAlbane said:
That's probably why it was pointed as NLF.
As the profile currently stands, we're saying the character can basically neg stuff that he should have no means to deal with based on "oh, he wouldn't imagine that happening" when said thing could well be something he wasn't ever faced with in-verse or of a higher scale.
1. I have never implied the Information works on a level higher than 4D.

2. They do work even against something unknown.

I'll find you some scans, but lemme explain the situation first:

Akabane is fighting Masaki (some dude who can control light). Masaki launches some Light Daggers and Akabane throws his regular surgery knives. They collide and annihalate each-other. Then Masaki explains that, those daggers were created by light and as such will cut through anything. Akabane says "i can't imagine a dagger that can cut through anything". Long story short he negated the daggers abilities to cut through anything simply because he couldn't believe such a thing was possible, even though he had never encountered something similar.

I will let Fire explain, since he is the one who created the profiles, but if Ban's imagination does indeed do this and that, bringing up SMT and Digimon is literally completely irrelevant.

It just reads as "ARE YOU SAYING MY CHARACTER WILL LOSE????!" to me.

That's a NLF if I ever seen it. And if he negated the dagger's ability to cut through anything than it couldn't cut through anything in the first place.

It either cuts through everything or it doesn't, and in this case it demonstably doesn't. Do you see how the actual scans go against what you suggest?

Doesn't light kinda just bore through matter? Wwouldn't he simply be meaning that seeing as the blade is light, it should just bore through everything?

First of all, Akabane is far stronger than Masaki so that whole thing is useless.

Second, Masaki has no feats of his Daggers cutting through anything. He's never been in any fights up until Akabane than Ginji.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Doesn't light kinda just bore through matter? Wwouldn't he simply be meaning that seeing as the blade is light, it should just bore through everything?
Since Akabane's scalpels touched it, why would we consider it real light?.

LordGriffin has approached me that he is reading Getbackers and making a blog about it and he disagrees heavily with the profiles, and that so far the verse has only been Wall level with unsupported Tier 2 statements.

Matthew Schroeder said:
LordGriffin has approached me that he is reading Getbackers and making a blog about it and he disagrees heavily with the profiles, and that so far the verse has only been Wall level with unsupported Tier 2 statements.
Its possible he is still early on in the manga.

it's probably not great to leave a lot of the scans in the discussion threads

but about 500 posts worth of scans are in the discussion threads for Get Backers

LordGriffin1000 said:
First of all, Akabane is far stronger than Masaki so that whole thing is useless.
Second, Masaki has no feats of his Daggers cutting through anything. He's never been in any fights up until Akabane than Ginji.
True, though Akabane specifically stated it's because "he can't imagine it" and even compared it to his immortality which is "i can't imagine it happening". Masaki then says true his will shapes reality and then goes along with the idea of "yes my daggers just got nulled". Masaki's daggers cutting through anything is NLF sure, in verse it's not as Masaki believes the daggers not working only after Akabane explains the situation.

@Matt

They cut through anything through innate traits. Not through hax. Are you like applying the omnipotence paradox to this? He stated "my daggers can cut anything", akabane says "no cus like how i can't imagine that, i can't imagine the daggers doing anything to my scalpels either" then proceeds to explain quantum mechanics and how they affect the world. So yes the daggers were just nulled.

I am not still early in the Manga.

They so far haven't shown the heavy Hax that's written on their pages. I'm still going so things can change but so far they ain't got much.

I suggest we lock all Getbackers profiles and hold off on matches.

Here is more info on how they hax logic:

Scan in the profiles. Akabane cuts some immortal being with a sword and then says "the low cannot stand agains the high, whether you're immortal depends on the opponent". Which means he literally just made an immortal dude, mortal, because he wanted it to. And implied it was done through logic manip.

Kepekley23 said:
I will let Fire explain, since he is the one who created the profiles, but if Ban's imagination does indeed do this and that, bringing up SMT and Digimon is literally completely irrelevant.
It just reads as "ARE YOU SAYING MY CHARACTER WILL LOSE????!" to me.
Putting words in other people's mouths - Revengeance.

Well, if you suddenly up and told me Saitama can One Punch people well past his furthest shown limits, why yes, that would be my reaction. Or that Yukari can lolBoundary anyone 3-D/4-D. It's more or less the same here. Assuming the guy can't imagine that he will possibly lose to someone who dwarfs his powers to an unsurmountable ammount and that this would also prevent that ridiculously superior force from oneshotting him or something of the like when we're talking power far above the extent of whatever he has ever faced in his verse is the apex of NLF. At that point we could extend that notion to even higher-D beings and it would be still the very same reasoning. He can't imagine, can't happen, that's it.

Otherwise why rate characters in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back