• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Getbackers Discussion Thread

@Matthew Schroeder

I've already said above, Higher-D is Bull. Their feats are nowhere near this high, and it's clear the writer doesn't know what he's talking about.

They clearly just mean their far stronger.

Matt same here. The series is heavily context driven and unless you understand the full context, you'll fall for their numerous statements of "Infinite Energy", "Higher Dimensions", "Super Reality/Plane",etc.

Though I'm like 2-3 Arcs behind Fire, so I can't comment on the Higher D stuffs fire is talking about.

Well i am in the last arc but am still in the beginning of the arc. I think they start with the true Higher-D later on. (I think LoC is stated to be able to reshape reality as he sees fit which would include the main reality and the paralel universes which hold different choices or stuff like that, i am not too sure haven't reached them yet). But i will post everything (feat, statement, proof, example) that points towards Higher-D as i read them. And when im done we can judge on whether they can be disregarded/dismissed or not and what we do about the tierings.

Toshiki distorting space by merely existing (as he was practically just standing there) after becoming part of Voodoo king's crew.

Ban distorting the space from the beltline (part of infinity fortress created by the archiver who is responsabile for the creation of the whole world which is not a universe) using his Devil Arm.

Ban/Asclepius >= Infinity Fortress (i called it, i said asclepius would be Ban's IF), don't need to elaborate on IF's energy and what it houses (since Babylon City along with the Archiver are still parts of IF). Ban stops Ginji's full power blow after Ginji's attacks become the "infinity fortress' attacks". (meaning he's getting full power from IF)

Ginji breaking through space-time (as explained by 1 of the most reliable sources in the series) and becoming "younger" through sheerly "existing beyond time". (1 of the best proofs of time transcendence i've stumbled upon as of rn in the manga).

Ginji exists outside of time and space that's why stuff like future, past and "remembering" are meaningless to him as he doesn't percieve past as "past" (transcends time, in the most blunt way it can be put).

Ginji pulled Raitei from across time and space (to absorb the negative feelings). PS: Now that i think about it Ginji should have 1 hell of mind manip resistance since he's enduring the pain and suffering of everyone when in IF.

Yuuri's movements having a different visual look compared to normal movement and same for Ban in their 2nd fight inside the Beltline.

Akabane cutting through dimensions (which in this case should mean spatial dimensions to cross something instantly).

Paul Wan same as Ginji got back to his "young" self via "mastering time" and "go upstream" (going back in time due to transcending time and space, since Paul posseses no time manipulating abilities and neither does Ginji).

Paul confirming that he did indeed get back to his prime (young self, as in brought his young self into the present, so not simple time travel to the past, but more like he can fight at his own time [can fight someone with whatever version of himself he wants, because existing beyond time as stated by Makubex allows one to bring any version of themselves into the present ).

Paul has transcended time and space.

Paul goes back from his prime to his old/current self without effort, by simply willing it (it's like he completely disregards the fact that there is a time difference between those forms).

Raitei and Masaki could cause a low 2-C up to 2-A feat of Destruction if they were to clash due to the fact that they both channel the infinit fortress' nrg.

Ginji can ride Masaki's light between the gaps in space-time

Space time collapsing due to the encroachment.

The witch queen stating that if the members of the brain trust (all of the brain trust members have transcended time and space) are defeated the world itself will break. (idk what this means yet, but i'll try to figure it out as i keep reading).

Makubex interfered with the phase of the Archiver (who is at least a 2-A being since he is responsable for the main world and also for creating futures for every choice ever taken which would be infinite as the number of choices left for every being is likely infinite, but he is likely 5D as he transcends time and space to where it can travel between the universes which are in a 5D construct) virtual spacetime and sheltered the girl in hyperspace. And Raitei's plasma broke through the hyperspace.

Just to shed some light on the level of The Archiver and members of the brain trust. The archiver is a world building systemcreated to be the guardian of creation and responsabile for all that is the Get Backers verse (all of the universes, dimensions, paralel universes, past and all possible futures aswell, outside of real life, since the Get Backers is a virtual reality). Created by none other than the brain trust, (the dudes which the GB surpassed).

People like Kagami, Vodoo King, Masaki don't exist in the same "time" as the others (so they don't exist bound by the 4D time but another temporal dimension of time.

The ogre battle disrupting spacetime to a point where the boundry between life and death is getting disrupted (Himiko's dead brother showed up and talked some sense into her, and while i would just say it's some spiritual stuff where she just sees his spirit or remembers her brother, but the fact that Kagami is also seeing her brother proves he is actually there).

Just gonna put some background on Kagami here in case it's relevant later on. Kagami is the embodyment/will of the infinity fortress (as it was stated multiple times throughout this whole arc by more than just himself).

The Witch Queen (the original holder of the Jagan and Divine Design) was so strong she actually stopped the Brain Trust and The Vodoo King's first attempt at choosing a future (so the jagan > Brain Trust members, one of which is Kagami who as mentioned above is the embodiment of the infinity fortress).

The Archiver calls Kagami "transcendential" (gonna be explained later on).

Now to elaborate on Kagami's transcendence. He's fighting with Ban and he states that even among other brain trust members he is "special" (probably means much stronger than the others), and says that "Ban (who is not a transcendential being) and Him inhabit different time-frames" (different temporal dimensions). Kagami restates that he exists in a different time frame (temporal dimension) that's why Ban isn't able to follow his movements (or shouldn't be able to follow his movements given what happens later) and neither should he be able to initiate a counter attack (a lower D being can't dmg a higher D, unless higher D parts of someone are included [higher D hax or attacks). ]

Kagami considers it "outrageous" for someone like Ban who isn't "transcendential" to manage to hurt him. And there is also the "ban is stopped part" just for good measure.And after Ban manages to cut his arm off there is still the same reaction on Kagami (it's not frustration or anger, it's disbelief, he can't understand how a non transcendential being can damage a transcendential being) and even goes as far as to call the feat (dmg-ing a transcendential being) "impossible" (there is also a badass Ban pic there but let's not worry about it).

Ban tears down the dimensional fabric using the Devil Arm (Personal Opinion: holy feking hell that is badass).

Also idk if this is just flowery writing or it's true but

http://a.fanfox.net/store/manga/36/...9d1f924dd3a2e376138ed8c1069e71&ttl=1540926000

Asclepius can sever the ties of fate. Now we know the Jagan can manipulate fate and iirc the Jagan and Asclepius are related to a certain extent. But i'll have to rely on some kind of further proof to see whether it's just flowery writing or Asclepius can truly cut fate (im taking this as negate things said by fate, so Resistance to fate manip or nullification of fate manip).

Did i really read the whole Get Backers only to get slapped in the face in the end by learning that Get Backers was never finished since the liscencing expired? Why does this happen? I need to know so much more about the verse.

Also shall i start making the Get Backers' page?

If suggest you keep creating sandbox profiles. In that way when I'm finished and Lordgriffin1000 finishes the blog we can evaluate the sandboxes and finalize the pages.

These are the current sanboxes i have created. @Lancer don't look at them untill you finish the manga as it does contain spoilers (feel free to read the Divine Design one though).

Ban Mido

Akabane Kuroudo

Ginji Amano

Divine Desig

Im planning to make 1 more profile about The Archiver. Can't say im too interested in making a profile for Kazuki, Shido and the other fodder.

Finished Act 10 or "Eternal Bond"

Chapter 173

Ban has Afterimage Creation for creating afterimages in his fight with that bug man

Chapter 176

Ginji Has Regenerationn in Lighting Lord form and Blew up a City Block just by Transforming

Chapter 186

Akabane has Resurrection via Divine Providence

Chapter 196

Ginji has Mind Manipulation and Empathic Manipulation for controlling the mud insects by sending electromagnetic waves

Chapter 203

Kabuto has Soul Absorption, Type 1 and 5 Immortality, Possession, Non-Corporeal

Chapter 206

Kabuto has Air Manipulation, Gravity Manipulation, Energy Projection

Chapter 208

Ginji has Soul Manipulation and Non-Physical Interaction (Can affect Souls without even harming the Physical Body) and Resistance to Possession and Gravity Manipulation (Resisted Kabuto's attempts to possess or attack him)

Hmm you are missing quite a bit @Lancer.

In Eternal Bond Ginji gets soul manip via punching the soul of kabuto out of people. It's not Non Phyical interaction, since he's not affecting a wandering spirit, he's affecting the soul inside someone's body which is soul manip.

In birth arc Ginji gets disease manip and resistance to it as he can use his temperature to cure deseases on other ppl and it'd be virtually impossible for a disease to affect ginji since it would be "cured" via the extreme heat.

Akabane's ressurection is Immort type 8, as he explained "i can't die as long as i can't imagine it" which means his life is reliant on his ability to imagine death.

That's not Soul Manipulation. Soul Manipulation is manipulating Souls such as Kabuto passively absorbing wandering souls. Non-Physical Interaction is interacting with any Non-Physical thing which also includes Souls. In Ginji's case, his Lightning Lord form affects Souls inside a body just by sheer contact without even affecting the body meaning he can do the same to Souls if they were outside of their bodies.

Nah that's just Ginji heating up his surrounding via increasing the energy flow in his body which I've covered as Energy Manipulation in my Act 6 comment way above. Moreover, Ban explains this how Ginji was able to heat the coffee cup and how many viruses could not survive in extreme heat. It's not Disease Manipulation and certainly not Disease Manipulation Resistance since some diseases don't just die from increased heat.

That's just plain Ressurection. Type 8 is being reliant on something for living. He isn't reliant on anything just passively Ressurecting when killed since he thinks he can't die.

Guys from masada have a similar thing where they can just damage their soul. If he was outright punching the dude and was dealing no physical dmg it's soul manip. Non Physical interaction is interacting with something you shouldn't be able to. Moreover banishing someone's soul from their body is soul manip. And even then if it was just his ability to interact with souls (which he does have), he would have also dealt physical damage and not just ignore the physical body.

Well it's still some form of disease manipulation. It doesn't matter how it's acomplished, only the result matters when adding this stuff, which is why ginji can have more than just Electricity Manipulation even though anything he does is due to electricity. Why he has Magnetism manip even though that just comes due to electricity running through his body etc. If he can use heat to affect viruses in both his and other's bodies it's disease manipulation and resistance to it. And since some diseases don't disappear due to heat doesn't mean it's not resistance, it is resistance which is why the word "resistance" exists aswell as "immunity". Able to endure something to a certain extent, is resistance, endure to any kind or any level is immunity. So yeah resistance to viruses is a thing.

While it can be called Resurrection, it's not 'plain resurrection'. Type 8 is not being reliant for living, it's being reliant for "not dying". If mercurius dies, Reinhard won't just disappear, he'll be there, he just won't come back after dying when that happens.

Reliant Immortality: The character cannot die as long as a certain being, object, or even concept exists.

As you can see it's not reliant for living, it's reliant for dying. As long as something is exists one cannot die. As long as his idea of "im immortal" exists he will always come back due to that idea which would be best translated to type 8 from a law in this case (his "i can't imagine therefore i can't" would be most smilar to law manip than anything else we have that could achieve a similar result).

Oh yeah forgot about the Soul banishing part where Ginji expels Kabuto's soul outta his body, my bad. So both Soul Manipulation and Non-Physical Interaction is good here since he can affect Souls too.

No it's absolutely not Disease Manipulation and not even resistant to it. Ginji isn't manipulating diseases or using any ability to spread them. Plus he isn't Resisting anything as he was not the one who was affected but rather Lucky the Dog was. He just destroyed a virus in the dog's body by only heating up the body. It doesn't protect him from diseases that don't die from heat like say HIV or Cancer. In a debate, if Ginji's opponent is someone who can spread common diseases like influenza or viruses, then you can say Ginji can easily supercharge his body that'll destroy the virus. But it's not the same as being resistant to Disease Manipulation as he has shown feats of Resisting Diseases and there are characters who can spread diseases on a conceptual level.

While it's not plain Ressurection and is a good Ressurection, the example you gave was bad. Reinhard is reliant on Mercurius's existence, which is why he gets Type 8. So when Mercurius dies, Reinhard's type 8 gets nullified and killing him won't let him come back. So far, I have not read anything about Akabane to suggest he has Type 8. There is no such thing as "reliant on not dying". He won't die since he doesn't believe he can die which makes him Immortality. You can say it gives him Type 1 but certainly not 8 since he isn't even reliant on anything, at least not until where I am currently.

Reliant on a law. His law or logic manip says that "i cannot die because i can't imagine it", this causes his life to be reliant on that law being broken. Because the reasoning for him not dying is none other than "i cannot imagine it". So he cannot die because he cannot imagine it. Let's break it down:

He cannot imagine death.

He dies

He revives because the fact that he cannot imagine death made him capable of coming back, because he cannot imagine dying or leaving this world.

That kind of revival would be most similar to type 8. We already know that (if you don't then you'll learn eventually in the upcoming arcs) that Akabane, Ban etc can manipulate reality by simply willing something into or out of it, this is reality warping, logic manipulation and eventually law manipulation. This belief causes reality to not have "Akabane's death" as a possible solution to something, or more simply put there is a law that states "Akabane can't die because he can't imagine it", due to this Akabane has type 8 from this exact law.

Type 1 is out of the question as a comparison (not that it's wrong, it just doesn't allow for regen)

Type 2, same as 1 doesn't allow revive.

Type 3, while it is a thing as he can regenerate. The immort comes from DP which is also capable of making ppl unable to imagine their loss and therefore be unable to experience it (which is a thing on Akabane and Ban) which is a law, so there would be a serious plot hole there.

Type 4, just says based on resurrection, but it still doesn't make sense due to the kind of power DP is.

Type 5, 6, 7, 9 and obviously 10 are out of the question entirely.

Type 8 is the only one left. Which explains both the power which creates laws for reality and the revival. And remember "as long as i can't imagine death i am unable to die" it's as long as something exists that i cannot die (same for the always win law). So yeah type 8.

I haven't read anything about him being reliant on a law so far and I'm only 11 chapters into Voodoo Child but if what you said is right about the "Reliant on Law" thing in the future arc, then he might have Type 8 but I still have to see for myself.

Also Type 1 is perfectly Applicable since he'll live as long as he believes that he won't die. Heck he and semimaru were called Immortals who lived since the last war.

Lancer45Man said:
I haven't read anything about him being reliant on a law so far and I'm only 11 chapters into Voodoo Child but if what you said is right about the "Reliant on Law" thing in the future arc, then he might have Type 8 but I still have to see for myself.
Also Type 1 is perfectly Applicable since he'll live as long as he believes that he won't die. Heck he and semimaru were called Immortals who lived since the last war.
Type 1 is only long livety. Never applies for regen.

Type 1 is you don't die from old age, you can still die from diseases and you can still be killed. Type 1 is just infinite life span.

Added three new feats to the blog. I know you guys are ready to create some profiles some I'm going as fast as I can.

LordGriffin1000 said:
Added three new feats to the blog. I know you guys are ready to create some profiles some I'm going as fast as I can.
Well actually the profiles might take a bit. I mean first lancer has to finish reading then we need to go over some basics, then the higher D stuff, then the speed stuff, then some more stuff and then the profiles can be created.

Firephoenixearl said:
Type 1 is only long livety. Never applies for regen.

Type 1 is you don't die from old age, you can still die from diseases and you can still be killed. Type 1 is just infinite life span.
You know a lot of Characters In this wiki has Type 1 along with multiple Types Including 3,4,5,6,8,etc and they still have regen, cannot die from diseases,etc. Why is that? Because they live for an extremely long time. Type 1 is perfectly Applicable here since Akabane can live for a long time without having the weaknesses of Type 1.

@Firephoenix

Sorry but like I said, I don't agree with the higher D stuff. It's inconsistent.

Paul and Ginji "Transcending" or "Controlling" time means nothing when they have no feats other than their appearance change. What they did was simply alter time around themselves and make themselves younger.

Note that majority of the stuff you posted came from when they were in infinity fortress. They never showed such things like that outside of it.

I'm not comfortable with having characters who only have low grade feats scale to at least Low 2-C to High 2-A via statements that aren't backed up.

Small grand reality warping or being in your own time zone doesn't make you higher D and the fact that lesser characters who are weak make these claims it means nothing.

If we go by your statements, everyone and their mother would be Low 2-C to High 2-A, or have infinite or beyond speed because they are literally watching these supposed Higher D beings fight.

Them being this strong makes no sense considering everyone is fighting to gain the ability to create the future they want. Why the hell would Higher D beings want to gain the power to rewrite a timeline if they have such abilities that allows the to breakdown and alter reality?.

I can go on and on but I don't want to fill this thread up discussing this. You have scans, that I'm not denying but they are misinterpreted and full of hype.

I'll continue my blog tomorrow and we'll come back to this "Higher D Stuff" then.

@LordGriffin

I'm currently in Voodoo Child so I'll finish the series within Sunday. Then I'll see who is what or which scan is interpreted wrongly.

This series is what sent Suggs off the deep end, maybe someone in this thread will follow his path.

I want you guys to know that I'm just trying to make sure the verse doesn't get sacked again. I wanted to create the feats blog because of all these statements.

When I'm done with the blog I'm not going to be involved with the verse anymore. My reason is that I started the blog during a messed up time in my life so I never finished. Every time I think about this verse, it reminds me of that time in my life I'd rather forget.

I know it sounds dumb but it's the truth. I don't hate the verse, I'm neutral about it. It's whatever tho, if higher D stuff is accepted or not I'm not going to be there for the discussion. I just want to finish the blog and be done with it so people can see where they stand.

Suggs used to Claim GetBackers is Multiversal and higher Dimensional based on statements and not within the context used. Fun Fact is that VSB wiki had GetBackers pages too with such ratings but were deleted since they were without proper context and essentially making everyone High 1-B or even anything above Tier 2. Hopefully we are trying to build the verse and so far the Verse is haxxed and stuff but nowhere near Tier 2 where I am at.

@LordGriffin thanks for all the help dude and please do us a solid favor and include any AP/DC + SPEED + DURA feats in your blog. Me and Fire are handling the Hax part.

Jobbo said:
This series is what sent Suggs off the deep end, maybe someone in this thread will follow his path.
Suggs just happens to be involved in the get backers incident. From what Suggs wrote himself Get Backers was never the basis that made him want to create suggs verse.

@LordGriffin

Well once Lancer is done and we fully finish the haxing and stuff like that we can discuss the Higher D stuff. Once we'r all done and only waiting on the dimensional tiering im gonna make a page and along with us let some of the mods and knowledgable members we have decide.

There are only 2 dimensional tierings we know and that is The Archiver at 2-A or High 2-A and LoC Ginji at High 2-A (these are the only dimensional tierings we know for sure due to their clear potency).

I'll have to evaluate them to see what's what. They could be some sort of hax and we are misinterpreting it for Higher D. Case in point was the Divine Design Arc where so many stuffs about Higher D was said and yet it was only haxes and context that prevailed.

Let Lordgriffin evaluate the AP/DC, Dura, Speed Feats. We will take care of the Hax department.

Just wanted to let you know guys know I'm on Act 8: Divine Design with my feat blog.

Lancer45Man said:
That's great Lordgriffin. I'm at the end parts of Voodoo Child but damn shit has some dope Hax
I told you, shit hits the fan in that arc.

Voodoo Child mostly just gives these insane arse hax. Then the last arc just cranks them up to infinity.

Back