• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Getbackers Discussion Thread

@Gun Slave Unit

I believe that was calced at Country level. Also I'm not 100% with the lightspeed Miroku stuff in Getbakers but that's just me.

that one was weird, yeah. the narration gives that the grandpa was swinging that thing at supersonic speed but then ban react by saying that the grandpa was swinging the sword at lightspeed while being flabbergasted. considering he said that while ******** his pant, i'd take the safer description given by the narration. though calculating another version with the lightspeed one would be cool to have. personally curious what numbers we'd get from it

No higher dimensional but the way they transcend time and space and ban straight out cuts both along with dimensions. Akabane's and Ban's wills being able to force stuff into reality (which is made up of different dimensions) and The King Of Creation being said to be able to change reality however he sees fit. They all point towards higher dimensional beings.

Witch Queen being the literal power of cash

@Firephoenixearl

That's the effects of the Infinity Fortress. It's why Genji left because he could change their fates because of his connection to the place.

It's all explained at the end what everything is. They have no feats of Universe level or Higher dimensional beings.

Akabane and another guy are different from everyone else and it explains what they are at the end of the manga.

This verse is filled with people who state they have infinite power, can destroy all Time and Space, or my favorite "He looked like he came down from a higher dimension". That line was stated by the Perfume Lady about Lucifer. The Witch lady even states that you could destroy Time and Space with those cards yet the best thing Lucifer did was make a solar eclipse.

Note: I don't know if the one I read was perfect in translation.

@Gun Slave Unit

I believe it was OBD that did the calc, not us.

I'd like you guys to know I have nothing against this verse, I just lost interest in it after my... I don't like to talking about the time I left the wiki for a bit.

Anyway my main concern about this verse is the wording the writer uses, it makes the characters seem far stronger than they are even though they lack feats to back it up. The verses machanics get a little wonky at the end but it's possible it's just me. I just want to make sure people don't fall into the hype the verse tries to sell.

The verse is strong and they have hax, it's just bad when it comes to explaining some things, I'll leave you guys to it.

Yeah I noticed that. In part 39 of Act 6 Akabane states that Ginji has infinite power which is obvious hyperbole bs

Note that the kid talking to Mido and the others in that scan states that he created his own Universe... But it's only in their heads. However, Mokubex (The kid) just has good Virtual Reality with the Technology he got from Babolon City to the point where if even 1% of your brain thinks it's real, you feel it. Yet they were just in a small square room.

I definitely believe the verse and it's characters pages can be created, We just need to be careful.

Yes that's true. Ant said that since there was inconsistencies previously (Such as Characters simultaneously becoming 9-B and 1-B), it was removed.

I don't believe it's that simple tbh. Medaka would have also been removed, since it has a lot of weird parts same as Get Backers where characters have inconsistencies but it was still sovled, if it were that easy to just define that these guys are tier 9 to tier 6 i doubt it would have been removed. I feel there is more to it than that but imma talk once i actually finish the manga.

I believe I joined after it was removed from the wiki. I just heard it was very inconsistent in regards of the characters powers and it's machanics.

I still believe the verse can be made. The machanics of the verse just got a bit wonky at the end for me personally but others could likely make sense of it.

Anyway I'm about to go offline.

I'm with LordGriffin1000 on this one

Medaka is different cuz it's Metafictional Parody Manga. So only her feats were taken into consideration and applied in her profile rather than most of her statements being taken seriously.

Finished Act 6

Part 3

Ginji gets Aura (Via his Electricity Charge), Minor Resistances to Poison Manipulation and Paralysis Inducement (Was temporarily able to be unaffected by the poisonous smoke from Shikabane leaves)

Part 5

Ban gets Statistics Amplification (Was able to increase his strength and break off of Ayame's captivity)

Part 12

Himiko gets Empathic Manipulation (Her natural body smell is able to mesmerize the victims and make them follow her orders)

Part 20

Akabane gets Matter Manipulation (Was able to clench a fistful of diamond dust in his fist and turn them into Diamond Scalpels)

Part 21

Himiko gets Corrosion Inducement (One of her perfumes has the ability to corrode matter)

Part 26

Shido has Supersonic Reaction+Combat Speed which likely scales to Ginji, Ban, Kazuki, and Akabane

Part 33

Akabane gets Resistance to Radiation Manipulation (Casually held a mass of Active Uranium in his hand)

Part 35

Himiko gets Statistics Amplification (Acceleration Scent is stated to amplify the speed of the target. However it places a massive toll on the body and without the Antidote, it could lead to death)

Part 38

Ginji powering up summons a massive Lighting that fries the Infinity Tower as well as affecting the nearby buildings of the Infinity Fortress. An at least Large Building Feat.

Part 39

Akabane gets Blood Manipulation (Created a Sword from his Blood)

Ginji gets Energy Manipulation (His body was radiating so much energy that it could boil Akabane's blood if he got near, and even vaporized his shield. Moreover, he can also absorb the Electromagnetic Waves near his vicinity)

Part 45

Ginji gets possible Resistance to Data Manipulation (He was able to interfere with the Electromagnetic Waves of Infinity Fortress which was able to dictate the Reality of the place and controlled it as a Virtual Reality)

Chapter 173

Ban gets Status Effect Inducement and Death Manipulation with the Jagan (made someone believe so much he died that the result transfered to reality though he stoped before the "death" transfered to reality, so he was only free of something that would trigger ONLY if he were to die).

Also AP increase for ban as he was able to overpower someone who in base form via scaling should be about equal to casual ban (ban told Himiko to leave it to him as the dude was too strong for her to handle), while when the dude transformed he stated he was "dozens of time stronger" and Ban still beat him.

@Fire I seriously believe you should ask the Calc Team Members to calc the Woods feat or Ginji's Lightning Lord Ressurection feat in Infinity Fortress. It might get Small Building level stuff at least.

Hope you guys are ready for Ban's Evil Eye's last weaknesses, I won't spoil it.

"That punch that teared the cliff" is sadly one of the biggest feats throughout most of the beginning and middle of the series.

Well yeah, i didn't know it was strong up untill i heard someone say somewhere:

Guy A: Can Yhwach fight the dudes from Get Backers?

Guy B: Well i can see him dealing some damage but once he gets to the top tiers they'll make him wish he never existed.

Then i read up on these guys and yeah they seem quite a bit dumb in terms of power. With resistance negation, precog negation and other stuff like that.

Btw badi, did you catch any scene of Ginji's passive willpower manip? It should be in volume 10 according to the wiki i can't remember to have noticed that though, did you?

It should be something like "ginji will manipulating everyone in infinity fortress" and then Ginji's reason for leaving infinity fortress is cus he realized no one had a will of their own.

Well then gonna have to reread that when i finish the manga.

It's not Passive Willpower Manipulation as no Manipulation of Willpower was shown. And I really don't trust wikis tbh as they have a lot of misinformation and stuffs

It is willpower manip if that's the case. Being near him causes your will to be his will. That is willpower manip by our standards.

Also i said i was gonna reread it.

I know but that's not what Happened. I'm sure they're referring to the Juubei scene where he loses his will to fight the Lighting Lord Ginji Nd moves out of his way scared shitless.

Finished Act 7

Part 15

Ban and Ginji gets Enhanced Senses for being able to sense the presence and aura of their opponents

Part 16

Akabane gets Telekinesis and Homing Attack for Controlling his Scalpels remotely and homing them on Target

Makuro gets Aura, Presence Concealment, Weapon Mastery, Biological Manipulation and Healing for being able to possess 7 different personalities with each having different Aura and skills and bodies that can heal themselves when switched as well being able to hide his presence, and master swordsman.

Part 17

Ginji gets passive Electricity Absorption and Healing in lighting Lord form for passively draining electricity and electromagnetic radiation that instantly heals his wounds

Part 18

Makuro gets Gravity Manipulation and Existence Erasure for creating mini Black holes that erase Objects

Ginji gets Energy Manipulation for creating a Plasma Dummy Body and Resistance to Gravity Manipulation for resisting Makuro's black holes

Well it's cool. But make sure you have taken proper contexts with chapter numbers and such so that once the sandboxes are finished, we can both see what's correct, incorrect, missing,etc

I don't think it fulfills the criteria as it should be a true black hole rather than a miniature 3-4 foot black hole made by Amplifying a material that doesn't even affect the tunnel Ginji and Makuro were in.

so does many black holes in fiction. doesn't really change the fact that these black holes simply don't behave in a way a natural black hole of that size would. hell, black holes outside of hard sci-fi are rarely an accurate representation of the idea anyway

Back