• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Getbackers Discussion Thread

I know but it wasn't really a normal black hole tho. Although you should talk to other admins about this with the context and see if it's accepted as a black hole.

Edit: Ninja'd by Gun

I knew this was coming.

This is one reason why I didn't agree with lightspeed Miroku stuff. Those Black Holes don't act like real Black Holes.

Spoilers Miroku's Father and his two henchmen also use said weapons and create multiple Black Holes and several people are standing there unaffected and one of them was the human girl that gives Mido and Genji their missions.

If those were real Black Holes, That island they were on would have been sucked up and everyone would have died.

@Lancer45Man

I agree with Gravity Manipulation for Miroku but not sure about Existence Erasure. It's just a statement from him, and all he does is throw a heavy disc at a wall and creates a hole. Yes Miroku has no reason to lie but we need more evidence when dealing with powers of that caliber.

Also, I don't agree with resistence for Gravity Manipulation for Genji. It didn't act like a real Black Hole, not sucking up much of anything and he created a lightning dummy before it hit him.

I agree with everything else you posted.

Hmm guys, apparently in our wiki it is possible to be 5D (like the Get Backers dudes) without necessairly getting a High 2-A tier. This means we don't have to go through the controversiality that is "should we equalize their tier to their AP or dimensionality" and it actually fits perfectly with their "above time and space" self along with their "weak" destructive feats.

@Firephoneixearl

I've heard of verses were that could be the case but the ending of Getbakers explains what everything is.

True, can be higher dimensional without being that tier but Getbakers is just odd. I suggest when the pages are done for Mido, Genji, and Akabane you should compile this Higher dimensional statements and such to see what others think.

Their Statistics won't go up with their status tho.

I'm gonna finish the series in a week or two and then we all can give our opinions on what's right or wrong.

@LordGriffin Maruko's black hole were shown to erase things like the wall behind Ginji or even Ginji's body. It'd at least some sort of destruction hax if not a low tier EE.

Also going back you're right on that resistance part.

Lancer45Man said:
I'm gonna finish the series in a week or two
That's what i thought aswell. The chapters get pretty annoying to read on a pc or laptop. It is only decent on smartphones where you can zoom as much as you want.

@Lancer45Man

Well I'm ok with it since it did create a clean hole in the wall.

By the way, how are you guys enjoying the series so far?.

I also plan on starting back up my feats blog for the verse.

Get Backers is a pretty great sceries and has basically something for everyone.

Badass af character....check (ban)

Chibi...check (ginji)

Creepy bloodlusted bastard....check (akabane)

The fights are generally good. I watched the anime like ages ago, though i never got into reading the manga untill recently, though it's definitely good. Ban is easily 1 of the top 10 most badass characters in anime. xD

Should I add Makubex's Nuclear Bomb to my blog? He'd be City Level with preparation.

The series is ok to me, it just kinda lost me in the end.

@Lancer45Man

What do you think about the nuclear bomb addition, should I add it?.

It involves Hishiki (The really big dude with the glasses that took Ginji's lighting bolt)

Oh yeah i remember, where he just follows their "subaru 360" with a bike and smashes the poilce cars away. I remember it, that was nice.

Also the Manji brothers are a pretty funny joke. xD

I'm not even sure. This is what I meant about the way Getbakers phrase it's wording.

Mido doesn't ignore distance. His power that he calls upon doesn't give him that type of power. I don't understand what he means when he says that since Mido doesn't do anything like this in the future to my knowledge.

I suggest waiting, if you find something else like this then make thread discussing it. If anything its Spatial Manipulation (He ignores distance).

Well i think later on with devil/angel arm he can cut appart space so the ignoring of space does seem to be what it's reffering to (or maybe hinting towards it), though, what does with "he surpassed power and speed"?

LordGriffin1000 said:
I think that part just means he's far stronger than before.
Wait no, i think i got it.

I think it means "he posseses unlimited power and speed". Because he used the Asclepius constellation chant there, so it means like "he can always just draw more power if he needs", so not "infinite" but "irrelevant/unlimited" (or a synonim for irrelevant since irrelevant is a tier of it's own on this wiki, i mean as in, it doesn't matter how strong he was or currently is, the constellation can always lend him more power).

So your saying it can keep boosting his power if need be?, That would make sense but we can't assume it can go on infinitly tho.

Well that's what the Asclepius constellation is. It can just give Ban more and more power/speed, so the Asclepius is to Ban what The Infinity Fortress is to Ginji, so an inextinguishable power source. And this same power soruce was used by The Witch Queen which iirc is > The Archive.

Ginji may get infinite energy but that doesn't mean he can boost himself to High 3-A.

Same goes for Ban Mido. He even has a limit to how strong he can get. He an Akabane reach their full power at the end. If Mido continuesly grows stronger he wouldn't have a full power state.

Well he isn't called "the genius of battles" for nothing you know? I think he's smart enough for Extraordinary Genius. I mean:

As stated by him, he is always able to come up with a strategy or 2 whenever he has an opponent in front of him.

He can predict moves in mid combat and even fool opponents.

Easily 1 of the smartest dudes around creating complex strategies enough to fool people causing future events which are all according to his plans (like he did with makubex).

Can gain knowledge on someone and on a fight and determine how strong someone is and his chances of winning.

I don't think i need to go on. The only dude who should be smarter than Ban is Makubex (even then only in technology and calculations, i doubt he'd be smarter than Ban in fights or battles) since the dude outperformed the Infinity Fortress' super computer in terms of calculations and literally made all of Infinity Fortress lower town's people his minions through sheer intellect....now that i think about it Get Backers has some pretty freaking smart dudes.

I'm not sure about giving them the Divine Design abilities as it lasted for that one Arc.

Also, Mido's evil eye didn't allow him to go to a different dimension. It allowed him to see that he was only in a small square room and once he realized that he left and went to the perfume girls virtual reality.

Why in Gods name is Ginji and Akabane High 2-A and Immesurable?!!!. They clearly aren't that powerful and have been harmed by lesser beings. Their effected by time.

Don't mind the high 2-A tiering, it's just placeholder.

About Ban he like enters a dimension protected by logic walls or sth like that later on.

Back