• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Getbackers Discussion Thread

Firephoenixearl said:
Hmm would characters gain Immesurable speed stats? Being beyond time and space is enough to grant immesurable Nocturne
As long as the character can move freely in time and space and we cant calc it then it should Immesurable speed

As long as the character can move freely in time and space and we cant calc it then it should Immesurable speed
Being beyond time qualifies.

Beyond time is only infinite speed

Thing is they aren't immeasurable at all and neither do they have any feats to suggest so. Nocturne was Immesurable since he not only existed beyond Time and Space but had feats in the game and lore iirc.

If we take statements such as "Existing/Transcending Beyond Space-Time" at face value then everyone and their mothers would be High 2-A/Low 1-C. Yet we have no feats just statements. Only being with the highest speed is the Archiver who could be argued to have Omnipresence on a 3D scale.

Well Paul's and Ginji's "going back in time" would qualify. As they are going upstream the flow of time basically reversing it. While it wouldn't grant dimensional tierings them going back in time would fit the description.

Lancer45Man said:
Thing is they aren't immeasurable at all and neither do they have any feats to suggest so.

If we take statements such as "Existing/Transcending Beyond Space-Time" at face value then everyone and their mothers would be High 2-A/Low 1-C. Yet we have no feats just statements. Only being with the highest speed is the Archiver who could be argued to have Omnipresence on a 3D scale.
Transcending space time does not mean high 2A or low 1C.There are beings below tier 2 who have infinite or immesurable speed.

That feat was a blatant Time Manip/Age Regression feat. For Immeasurable you have to reach any point in time and space just by Movements alone. For example, say, if Lord of Creation Ginji went to the era when the Formation of Volts happened in Ura Shinjuku just by moving or walking or running,etc, then it would definitely qualify for Immeasurable.

But instead we have characters that struggle to fight at FTL speeds and have trouble keeping track of other beings with SoL/FTL speeds.

Transcending space time does not mean high 2A or low 1C.There are beings below tier 2 who have infinite or immesurable speed.

The verse has statements like being Super Dimensional and Transcending Lower Dimension stuff statements which was used to wank it to Multiversal/Higher Dimensional lvl in here and also in OBD lol

Ginji and Paul don't possess time manip or age manip though. It was clearly stated that paul got younger because he went "uphill" in time.

And about the light speed it could mean "relative" light speed.

Yeah and it was also stated Paul went with the Chaotic Time flow of the Beltline and became younger which was a Time Rewinding/Reversal or Age Regression feat. Not like he went back in Time to when him and Her Kaiser came to the Infinity Fortress.

I thought Akabane's profile would be easy but...DAMN was i wrong. This felt much harder than Ban's profile.

@Lancer Ty for putting up the powers and resistances in this chat, it would have taken millennias if i hadn't used them. I may still be lacking quite a bit of stuff since i only relied on:

My sandbox

And your powers and abilities from the last 2 arcs (voodoo child and lost time) so i may have missed a bunch from your posts of earlier arcs.

Beltline Monsters are Immortal Soulless beings who Transcend Life and Death as they were never born or meant to die at all. They don't transcend Space-Time.

Actually i think they do which is why they were owning Ban and Ginji (once they entered the beltline).

Also about The Archiver. Wasn't the going to unite all realities? And even the thing with Kagami he was a scientist of the dimensions (different dimensions i don't think they meant higher ones) and his mirrors were exactly that? Wouldn't that make the world 2-A since there still are different selves.

Yeah that was after they had gotten owned by the beltline dudes. After they stayed with Paul.

Also what about the archiver part? (pervious comment)

Archiver only had control over the Virtual World of GetBackers and was just going to reset it into the Utopia of Lord of Creation. The Uniting thing was just the minds, perceptions, thoughts, ideas,etc of all living beings in the world so that they could Perceive only one reality and that is the Utopia created by Archiver.

I think about the Mirror Magic Effect is that those were just possibilities created by Kagami and Immersion is a power that fits well for Kagami. But it's also Quantum Manipulation and Probability Manipulation since Brain Trust members used Mirror Magic Effect to create the virtual reality of GetBackers via Qualia effect or something. And Archiver is High 3-A, Likely Low 2-C imho

Setsuna tenma said:
is infinite universes mentioned in Getbackers othervwise the archiver is not going to become 2A
I'll give you the scan

http://a.fanfox.net/store/manga/36/...3af56d2af285f42a8d713b425df966&ttl=1540911600

There were different versions of people coming. And Makubex stated this and explained why they would die if they were to kill the other versions. So basically there is a universe for every choice created (infinite choices = infinite universes basically). So The Archiver sounds 2-A to me.

when were infinite chioces mentioned ?Dragon ball Xenoverse has the same thing but they are not 2A.There needs to be an inplicit infinite statement.This seems like 2B

Setsuna tenma said:
when were infinite chioces mentioned ?Dragon ball Xenoverse has the same thing but they are not 2A.There needs to be an inplicit infinite statement.This seems like 2B
But if every choice = 1 universe, then every choice = inf. I mean since there are infinite possible choices for the past present and future.

Firephoenixearl said:
Setsuna tenma said:
But if every choice = 1 universe, then every choice = inf. I mean since there are infinite possible choices for the past present and future.
if it is choices from across time then it can be 2A

Well i mean it's basically:

There was 1 Makubex who tried to kill Ginji, the real makubex then came explaining the situation as "that makubex is a makubex from a different dimension (universe) who took different life choices and therefore hates Ginji", different life choices would mean choices of the past too since he took a different past path..

I heavily doubt the 2-A part. Since from what I've seen those are just possibilities created by the Archiver.

You can do a thing. You can keep Archiver at High 3-A, Likely Low 2-C tier for now. And after gathering info on him, make a CRT if you think that he is solidly above even Low 2-C

Like I said, Fire make a CRT for 2-C or 2-B or 2-A Archiver if you think he is that tier. For now, just keep him at what he was stated and shown aka High 3-A, Likely Low 2-C

Lancer45Man said:
I heavily doubt the 2-A part. Since from what I've seen those are just possibilities created by the Archiver.
You can do a thing. You can keep Archiver at High 3-A, Likely Low 2-C tier for now. And after gathering info on him, make a CRT if you think that he is solidly above even Low 2-C
Well "possibilities" wouldn't make the og Makubex cease to exist if the other one is killed. Since he would just be a possibility and not real (when we use the word real in a virtual world xD). Though a different universe would mean that Makubex dies due to the fact that he's linked to his other universes, since he doesn't posess Acausality (type 3 i think it was) that gives someone the ability to live once his other versions have been erased.

The Archiver is 2-A imo, though even without that he'd be Low 2-C since he created space-time which is a low 2-C feat.

Like I said, Archiver is At Least High 3-A (For having the power to affect the GetBackers Universe and being Spread on a 3-D scale of Omnipresence), Likely Low 2-C (He created the Virtual World of GetBackers and controls every aspect of it, his destruction would cause Space-Time to Collapse and he has the power to affect Past Present Future all at once)

Btw i found some context on "Kagami's mirrors and his dimensions"

Kagami is as we established the creator of the magic mirror and the genius of dimensions. His "Magic Mirror" was the basis for the creation of The Archive so that the archive could be placed in the adjoining of the dimensions and also he was the one that created the bluring of dimensions so that the scientists would be able to interact with the virtual world.

Summary: His magic mirror is the one that can "blur the dimensions" making interaction between them possible (so he blurs the dimensions so that the clones can interact and same for the people from the real world), his magic mirror doesn't create dimensions, universes or possibilities.

Lancer45Man said:
A couple of things wrong with Archiver
Tier should be At Least High 3-A, Likely Low 2-C, Possibly 2-B
Countless posibilities = 2-A doe. Ginji's mom refers to posibilities as countless, while ginji looks at the futures and describes them as endless. So between 2-A and high 2-A, i'd say we keep 2-A for now.

Countless is at the Highest End of 2-B. Not 2-A at all. Otherwise DBX would have 2-A tier Characters instead of 2-B even though they have statements of having countless worlds and universes.

The description for 2-A is "countably infinite" number of universes. Ginji even refers to the futures alone as endless, let alone the past along with it.

Back