• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Getbackers Discussion Thread

PsychoWarper said:
Oh cool, a Getbackers dissuction theard.
You're also interested in the verse?

(Make sure to add Ban for most powerful Illusion Manipulation on that thread once his profile becomes a thing)

Well I watched the anime a few years ago and liked it.

Ive been thinking about starting to read the manga.

Do you guys think that a profile for the Divine Design Cards is necessary??? I mean 90% of Arc 8 revolves around it and it has displayed a lot of stuffs

Well Divine Design cards are all the same, so all characters would be the same with them. So maybe we can put them i don't mind.

I just added stuff to their profiles based on what they use, so Ban for example is:

Flight (platform walking), Intangibility, Summoning, Pocket Reality Manipulation (since once in Divine Design as stated by ppl the holder of the card chooses even what can materialize and what doesn't so he literally makes the rules for everything even one's powers) and other stuff like that, that Ban has shown to use.

@Lord Griffin

Welp just some more proof of "beyond time and space" feats from these guys.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/347846493958438924/504641026867331102/unknown.png

Kagami appeared behind Himiko and Ban questioned: "How he does that" which is something he never questions when fighting other people even if they do seem fast. Only happens with the likes of Akabane and Kagami who transcend time and space. And it's not "when did he do that" it's "how did he do that" implying it shouldn't be logically possible with mere speed. Though there should be better "proof" later on, especially from Paul.

Ok so i just finished arc X "The Eternal Bond":

So:

Himiko gets a bunch of new perfumes (impotence inducement xD)

Ban gets Statistics Amplification, a huge intelligence boost and Spatial Manipulation (idk if ignoring space would be that power), practical Clairvoyance, Precognition and Information Analysis since he does these naturally (without hax, like how he knew where the baldy would be and punch him, predict Shido's plan, and get information on Dokubachi with a mere glance)

Ginji gets Astral Projection and Soul Manipulation as well as resistance to both via expelling Kabuto out of his own and Shido's body.

Akabane doesn't change much.

Finished Act 8 or "Divine Design"

Part 4

Ban Blitzes a bunch of guys firing their SMGs at him. Cool Speed feat that needs to be calculated

Part 6

Himiko gets Invisibility via one of her perfumes

Part 7

Lucifer has Teleportation for teleporting easily and Darkness Manipulation for bring in night easily and Water Manipulation for Controlling the fountain water and Summoning for summoning an angelic being all via Divine Design and Pocket Dimension Creation

Part 8

Lucifer has [[BFR] as he BFRd Ban and Himiko to a dimension without any people. Also has Illusion Creation for making illusions but the damage they deal becomes reality all via Divine Design Cards

Part 10

Ginji has Dimensional Travel and Portal Creation as he was able to go to a Dimension different than theirs where the souls of Kazuki and Toshiki were present

Part 19

Lucifer has Curse Manipulation, Fate Manipulation, Mind Manipulation, Soul Manipulation for being able to control victims, placing their souls on their cards, placing a curse on them that if they betrayed then they will have their hearts ripped automatically by sunset via the Divine Design Cards

Divine Design Cards can grant Reality Warping (They can control reality), Probability Manipulation (Can control probability), Fate Manipulation (can control fate), Curse Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Spatial Manipulation (can create a dimensional barrier), Illusion Creation, Mind Manipulation, Intangibility (Can make beings intangible), Fire Manipulation, Water Manipulation, Earth Manipulation, Elemental Manipulation, Pocket Reality Manipulation, Summoning, Intangibility, Telepathy, Flight, Weather Manipulation and many more and gives resistant to Illusion Creation, Mind Manipulation, Perception Manipulation, Status Effect Inducement, Memory Manipulation

Also the whole "Ginji has Infinite Energy" is a hyperbole imo. It'd be very high but not infinite or even Limitless cuz he draws his electric energy from the clouds and the Earth where sure as hell infinite energy isn't present.

I'm not sure if we should give the main cast the Divine Design cards abilities.

1. They literally use them for just this arc and lose the abilities at the end.

2. It's more appropriate to give it to Lucifer since he's the antagonist and uses them better than anyone, he appears in and dies in this arc.

I already said before that a page for the Divine Design Cards would be created and only Lucifer gets the abilities with the Cards.

Firephoenixearl said:
@Lord Griffin

Welp just some more proof of "beyond time and space" feats from these guys.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/347846493958438924/504641026867331102/unknown.png

Kagami appeared behind Himiko and Ban questioned: "How he does that" which is something he never questions when fighting other people even if they do seem fast. Only happens with the likes of Akabane and Kagami who transcend time and space. And it's not "when did he do that" it's "how did he do that" implying it shouldn't be logically possible with mere speed. Though there should be better "proof" later on, especially from Paul.
That literally can just be Teleportation. Mido doesn't have infinite speed, just because they appear out of nowhere around him means nothing especially since characters have already seen them move and tagged them.

Himiko literally multiples her speed by like 3 times and blitzed the Akagmi (Diamond Dust guy).

Lancer45Man said:
I already said before that a page for the Divine Design Cards would be created and only Lucifer gets the abilities with the Cards.
I apologise, I didn't see that comment.

It's cool lol. I feel like the whole "Higher Dimensional Thing" is bs so far. This is because the series has statements but no feats and has only Contradictory feats.

@Lance45Man

That's why I started to create the feats blog but I never finished it but I recently just started back up again. I just wanted to gather all the feats so no one would want them beyond what they consistently show.

Anyway I know you guys are going to be finished reading the manga before I gather all the feats but I'm still going to finish the blog. You guys can still make profiles, just be careful because I don't want the verse to be deleted like it was.

This is likely the last time I'm going to comment. I'll still finish the blog when I have the time to. I've just got a lot going on in real life. While I'm not going to comment because I'm going to be doing a lot of different things, don't hesitate to message me if you guys need input.

Y'all stay cool.

Ok so i just finished "Birth" arc (flashback arc) and:

Ginji gets Disease Manipulation (can kill viruses by the temperature [both on himself and others]), Light Manipulation (solar flare kind of way, and iirc he could absorb photons in eariler volumes) and Resistance to both (can cure deseases via his own body temperature being so high and can just absorb any light based attack).

Ban gets more badassery, more intellectual bullshit.

I think that's it.

LordGriffin1000 said:
@Lance45Man

That's why I started to create the feats blog but I never finished it but I recently just started back up again. I just wanted to gather all the feats so no one would want them beyond what they consistently show.

Anyway I know you guys are going to be finished reading the manga before I gather all the feats but I'm still going to finish the blog. You guys can still make profiles, just be careful because I don't want the verse to be deleted like it was.

This is likely the last time I'm going to comment. I'll still finish the blog when I have the time to. I've just got a lot going on in real life. While I'm not going to comment because I'm going to be doing a lot of different things, don't hesitate to message me if you guys need input.

Y'all stay cool.
Damn sorry didn't see this sooner. Hope stuffs get better for you in real life. Peace dude

I'll have to read the manga and cross check myself

But it gives an idea of what their profiles would look like when completed.

Nah dude that's just his Electricity Energy charged body affecting the virtual System of Infinity Fortress. This was why Makubex was unable to control the area when Ginji was around in Part 45 as it altered with the Electromagnetic Waves in the area and Nullified Makubex's attempts to control the Virtual reality. Not even will power Manipulation and I've pointed it in my previous comment

Lancer45Man said:
Part 45

Ginji gets possible Resistance to Data Manipulation (He was able to interfere with the Electromagnetic Waves of Infinity Fortress which was able to dictate the Reality of the place and controlled it as a Virtual Reality)

"For good or for Ill he affects everything here"

Would that give him some level of passive Reality Warping? I mean since the waves are canceling out.

Also "His desire creates a wave similar to that of Infinity Fortress" that would mean Mind Manipulation, Probability Manipulation, Reality Warping and Perception Manipulation since if his wave is similar to that of IF and does cancel it out it means that his wave has the same traits as IF which means it has all the things mentioned above and resistance to them.

And about his "he just does the right thing without thinking" is there any power close to it (or maybe just passive probability manip achieves this as he just happens to get lucky and do the right thing every time).

Thing is, all of that are happening Inside the Infinity Fortress which is a combination of Reality and Virtual Reality due to the sophisticated machinery and stuffs in there. So Ginji isn't technically doing any of those but rather his Electricity Energy aura is passively doing that stuff by messing up with the virtual reality of the Infinity Fortress. There's also the fact that outside Infinity Fortress, Ginji hasn't shown any of those Abilities (at least not until Marine Red so far).

And the "he just does the right thing without thinking" is just a statement of how Ginji's goofy personality is and despite having it, he still gets things right. This was also repeated in the Marine Red arc when the duo escaped from Blood and Poison Bee's capturing.

One needs to be critical in evaluating this verse because it's not a simple verse to get a proper tiering into. Because if you take statements put forward at face value without any Analysis, then you'd have Characters hitting Tier 2-C in Infinity Fortress Arc and At Least High 2-A, Likely Higher in Divine Design Arc

Well he hasn't shown them outside of IF because he has that power inside IF due to the "inexhaustable amount of energy". So he's truly at full power only inside IF. Also the resistances would apply in any case.

Inside Infinity Fortress is totally a different thing. And nah, It's just his passive electricity manipulating, absorbing, nullifying the electromagnetic waves that was forming the virtual reality of IF. In a sense Ginji has all those powers and resistances ONLY INSIDE IF. Take him outside of IF and he has no resistance to any true reality warper or mind manipulator or Probability manipulator,etc.

We have to be careful with the pages and stuff because the reason the pages of Getbackers profiles were deleted from this wiki is due to the inaccurate stuffs and complete acceptance of all the statements in the series which is why the Verse heavily shifted from 9-B to High 1-B.

The vacuum thing is what confuse me to be honest. Is Ginji (or Raitei) resistant to that absence of particles or is he able to make the particles disappear in his presence?

Back