• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah you'd need to nerf The Foundation really hard in a lot of ways for this to not be a stomp. They have the aforementioned 1-A MTF, powernull magic that's (currently) at 1-B for rendering SCP-682 powerless (from SCP-001-EX, an AI they developed), and much much more.

Well 1-A MTF usually doesn't do shit, Swann requires too much prep and 4010 is OOC.

The powernull also requires prep and is OOC, given how much that thing failed IIRC. Plus the SRAs will only stop the likes of Yukari.

WeeklyBattles said:
>Multiple scientists
Uh no, that was one guy who was doing it because he was insane and the foundation killed him because of it
It's actually kind of implied that Clef just locked the bastard up with 682 under the pretense of the "Termination Experiment" and the Foundation let him get away with it because reasons.

Whole thing was/is sort of a glaring snarl in the continuity anyway, inasmuch is there even is any.

Glaring snarl in which direction, may I ask?

There's still an entire MTF made up of reality warpers who can reach up to 5-B levels, 6-C level magic nukes, multiple forms of precognition and omniscience, a spaceship run by cyborg cat girls that can blow up universes, an entire MTF that exists as information that can straight up possess people, GOC assistance, the Administrator who is both abstract and what The Foundation is reliant on to exist, a teleporter that teleports the whole of Earth into Corbenic, not to mention 682 as well, since we're using Ouroboros O5 Council.

I forget, can the foundation actively get assistance from the pattern screamers? Because they alone would pretty much solo touhou

WeeklyBattles said:
I forget, can the foundation actively get assistance from the pattern screamers? Because they alone would pretty much solo touhou
Doubt it, but I think the Solidarity should be enough.

Moritzva said:
Glaring snarl in which direction, may I ask?
Honestly? A few.

Depending on who's writing, The Foundation can either be absolutely angelic levels of moral or Jack Bauer levels of "do whatever it takes to get things done" in a given story or article, but they still very rarely (if ever) out and out kill the living shit out of their staff just for doing something morally questionable. Sure, some iterations will wipe memories and even kill a person or two in order to maintain their secrecy (or the secrecy of a given SCP), but that instance above is the only one I can remember off the top of my head where someone was killed for doing something that ultimately didn't work for or against the containment of an SCP.

Then you have Clef, who's at least somewhat consistently portrayed as being one of the Foundation's most amoral and decidedly not sentimental employees, being so offended by the idea of children being thrown into the Termination Experiment that he decides the person responsible should die for that reason alone. Especially when some of the SCPs the Foundation contains actually involve the killing or sacrificing of children as part of their protocol and he doesn't seem to be mad at the people who came up with that idea in those cases. (Frankly, Clef's involvement in that incident in general seems really odd in context, but I'd rather not get into that)

>Foundation

>Angelic morals

Oh man that's funny.

But yea, thanks for the summary. SCP is a whacky place.

On one hand, kawaii cat girls in space, on the other hand, a literal rape god.

Fun place.

Moritzva said:
>Foundation
>Angelic morals

Oh man that's funny.
Yes, those examples are definitely dumb when you look at the other instances where they willingly let their staff die and take absolutely heinous measures in order to contain something, but unfortunately for anyone who wants to make sense of it all, each of them is just as canon as the next.

That's what you get when none of the writers ever have every other story that is supposed to be canon in mind.

Wasn't there a story where the Scarlet King is contained by being both barbaric and composed enough (like, you can't go fully analytical, or fully fenocidal, and need to get a balance. Hence why it doesn't have an SCP dedicated to it, because that would be contraproductive).

That was a lot better thematically, but 1-A gods seem to be more liked by the comunity.

I really love the sheer amount of lore and work in the verse, really.

Oh, also, Touhous get ****** and Yukari gets seduced by Jack Bright.

Basically any appearance of the Scarlet King that isn't in a tale associated with Verse of an Endless Song (With some exceptions) is an avatar

I mean, that doesn't really counter my point. I prefferred another interpretation that doesn't go and give you the standard "life is pain si imma end it" backstory.

Honestly SCP being taken in large instead of many individual and sometimes implied to be related anomalies is not something I really enjoy. But that's me.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Well 1-A MTF usually doesn't do shit, Swann requires too much prep and 4010 is OOC.

The powernull also requires prep and is OOC, given how much that thing failed IIRC. Plus the SRAs will only stop the likes of Yukari.
It never failed, idk where you're getting that part from.

Hard to say. Foundation has the means of winning, but their internal politics would really mess them up. If we were to assume this is the full power of The Foundation I'd be inclined to say they win. They have many, many failsafes in case they're overrun and GOC assistance when confronting threats such as these. And the GOC don't mess around with containment, unlike The Foundation. They'd probably try to strongarm a deal with Gensyoko but if they refuse, Foundation would most likely just nuke them from the inside.

Since Gensokyo is the one defending, wouldn't Yukari just double the boundary between the worlds and basically seal themselves off from the Foundation?

If the Foundation thought the problem dealt with itself they wouldn't deploy their 1-A shit, they'd likely be happy the Problem solved itself for once.

Giving Gensokyo the victory.

Self-BFR isn't a win for the person/group that BFR'd themselves.

Ironically, if The Foundation reach a CK Class End-of-the-World scenario, the whole planet will teleport to Corbenic, where no one can die.

Not to mention that if Gensyoko self-BFR themselves, Foundation wins, because they would be considered neutralized.

Agnaa said:
Self-BFR isn't a win for the person/group that BFR'd themselves.
Not Self-BFR, they're preventing anyone from coming to Gensokyo, they can still attack and so on.

>Not to mention that if Gensyoko self-BFR themselves, Foundation wins, because they would be considered neutralized.

Not really, Gensokyo can still attack and kill the entire foundation, Yukari can erase the Foundation's boundaries etc.

They're just stopping the Foundation from attacking them, the same DOESNT apply to Gensokyo

He's referring to "Scranton Reality Anchors", which basically stop reality warping and other supernatural stuff by "normalizing reality" in a given area or something like that.

Although I'm 90% sure the Foundation doesn't have any that can stop someone who's using their powers from a completely different realm/reality/universe/whatever.

They have tons of ways (pun not intended) to travel to other dimensions including actual Ways and the SCPS Solidarity, which is not only Low 2-C, but has weaponisable Scranton Reality Anchors and dozens of duplicates from other universes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back