• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nehz_XZX

He/Him
VS Battles
Content Moderator
The Genshin Impact profiles currently do not make any mention of Elemental Sight despite it being plot relevant in certain quests and referenced in dialogue. As it is the ability to sense elemental energy which is something that most people can't do I'd classify it as Extrasensory Perception on the profiles. The profiles that would get the addition would be the Traveler, Amber, Lisa and Rosaria. The Traveler uses Elemental Sight in several quests, so that one is obvious. Amber makes use of Elemental Sight in her Story Quest. Lisa references her detecting elemental traces on multiple occasions. Rosaria said that she sensed elemental traces in Albedo's Story Quest.

Last edited:
Looks simple enough, but instead of being Enhanced Senses, it should be Extrasensory Perception since it seems to be more of an extra sense than one of the normal senses super-enhanced.

Looks simple enough, but instead of being Enhanced Senses, it should be Extrasensory Perception since it seems to be more of an extra sense than one of the normal senses super-enhanced.
I would be fine with that and it does make sense to me though I'd like to hear the opinions of other people on this first.

From what Duedate said
You should updated the OP based from his comment
Okay, I'll do that then since it does make sense to me. If anyone has any legitimate points for it still being Enhanced Senses instead, then I can just change it back.

Extrasensory made more sense since people without vision(except traveller of course) is unable to see it no matter how enhanced their normal senses are
anyway agree for extrasensory

I also do agree with extraordinary perception, nothing in enhanced senses makes sense for elemental sight compared to extraordinary perception, besides that nothing is wrong here, agree.

Extrasensory made more sense since people without vision(except traveller of course) is unable to see it no matter how enhanced their normal senses are
anyway agree for extrasensory
I can agree with Extrasensory Perception but Ruu (a charater without a Vision) has been noted to have keen elemental senses though that might have been due to his lineage or contact with the Thunderbird.

Well guess i agree with the new proposal, one staff agreement then we should be good to go call Oven over.

It likely is Extrasensory Perception. I tend to get the two confused but I understand that Enhanced Senses usually means something like superhuman versions of the existing five senses since we give these to wolves and other animals with superior senses to us, Extrasensory Perception is usually the ability to sense things that cannot be conventionally sensed like ki or energy, so I agree with that.

It likely is Extrasensory Perception. I tend to get the two confused but I understand that Enhanced Senses usually means something like superhuman versions of the existing five senses since we give these to wolves and other animals with superior senses to us, Extrasensory Perception is usually the ability to sense things that cannot be conventionally sensed like ki or energy, so I agree with that.
Okay, I already changed it to Extrasensory Perception in the OP. It's still nice to get the opinions of others on this though.

Actually I think it could be Enhanced Senses since the page say:
  • Extra Senses: Some characters have completely new senses not possessed by humans, an example of this in real life is the ability of some animal species to sense magnetic fields. Other extra senses can include the ability to sense things in different dimensions, distortions in time and space, the thoughts of other beings, the future, the past, quantum activity, magical energies, forms of life energy like ki, computer data, etc.
Which I personally think fit the case since in the game when you use elemental vision the elemental energy look like traces of "smell" (for calling it something) which we follow to track someone or something.

Don't know if they can also use it to feel how powerful are beings/things in general, predict movements based only in that, detect if someone is alive or not, or feel the localization of someone only with it (without having to follow the traces to find the thing), if they can do any of that then they should qualify for Extrasensory Perception.

Last edited:
It could very much be both, given that Vision users seem to require sight to see it, but elemental energy can be felt also when you come into contact. I'll need to dig up scans for it, but elemental energy is more or less something that's felt alongside being seen.

Anyway, I'm going to agree on both Enhanced Senses and Extrasensory Perception, defining the nature of elemental energy should be left for another CRT.

It could very much be both, given that Vision users seem to require sight to see it, but elemental energy can be felt also when you come into contact. I'll need to dig up scans for it, but elemental energy is more or less something that's felt alongside being seen.

Anyway, I'm going to agree on both Enhanced Senses and Extrasensory Perception, defining the nature of elemental energy should be left for another CRT.
Okay, that's certainly a new point of view to consider though it does seem interesting to me. Getting some scans for this could prove useful as well.

Yeah, I can definitely see it being both enhanced senses and extrasensory perceptionx

Okay, that's certainly a new point of view to consider though it does seem interesting to me. Getting some scans for this could prove useful as well.
Btw, is there any lore description for Elemental Sight? I used to play Genshin Impact for awhile before the 1st year anniversary and they do have a encyclopedia we can use if they do describe elemental sight for that matter.

Last edited:
Btw, is there any lore description for Elemental Sight? I used to play Genshin Impact for awhile before the 1st year anniversary and they do have a encyclopedia we can use if they do describe elemental sight for that matterx
Well, it's brought up in the dialogue a fair number of times but I don't think that we have anything else beyond that though. You can check out the Elemental Sight page from the Genshin Impact Wiki for more details if you want.

yeah it should be both honestly since extrasensory can be a sub set of enhanced senses anyway. we just have to notate it for that reason

To be fair as well, there's a lot more going on with Elemental Sight if you wanna take gameplay at face value. Elemental Sight is some ways a lot like Eagle Vision from Assassin's Creed. The fact that you can also identify full names of enemies can be some form of Information as well as Psychometry being able to identify the color of elements, interactable objects, as well as elemental trails left by objects and Seelies.

To be fair as well, there's a lot more going on with Elemental Sight if you wanna take gameplay at face value. Elemental Sight is some ways a lot like Eagle Vision from Assassin's Creed. The fact that you can also identify full names of enemies can be some form of Information as well as Psychometry being able to identify the color of elements, interactable objects, as well as elemental trails left by objects and Seelies.
The full names of enemies have nothing to do with Elemental Sight as far as I'm aware.

Last edited:
Just throwing it out there because I'm just thinking that Elemental Sight does actually have some things attached beyond what's being proposed is implied. I'm currently voting for just Enhanced Senses and Extrasensory Perception though

Just throwing it out there because I'm just thinking that Elemental Sight does actually have some things attached beyond what's being proposed is implied. I'm currently voting for just Enhanced Senses and Extrasensory Perception though
Okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back