• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gengar vs. Natsu

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
I just want to make pokemon threads today for some reason. So here's one that's surprisingly debatable. Every victory option, every attack, and every form is available.
Gengar
Natsu dragneel episode 166 by kagomechan27-d5svkk4

If speed is unequal:

R1: Natsu beats base Gengar unless his shadow traveling allows him to Curse/Poison Natsu/use other hax. I'm saying Natsu high diff

R2: Mega Gengar blitzes Natsu with it's vastly increased abilities imo. Since we have no stats on Gengar, I can not be sure.

If Speed is Equal:

R1: Gengar wins. Hypnosis, Toxic, Curse, his increased movement options, more variable offense etc.

R2: Since Mega Gengar is a transformation, the speed equalization would only count before Gengar evolves, allowing it to blitz Natsu.

AS much as I say Gengar 2-3/4 rounds, giving him a mid-high diff win, Gengar has no known stats, so this is technically a mismatch until he has stats

Wont Gengar be automatically immune to speed blitzing? Without Fire magic, Natsu's physical attacks wouldnt do a thing at all against Gengar due to intangibility.

Also is this a composite Gengar or a specific one? Because Gengar is capable of hiding in ppl's shadows so it has perfect stealth and at the same time can either cause curses or absorb someones life force.

Also since every attack Gengar can use is allowed here, it has abilities like Mind Control/Manipulation via Hyponsis, Nightmare or Confuse Ray, Curse infliciton via Curse, Possible Durability Negation via Shadow Punch (since its a punch made out of intanigible shadows), Mind crushing via Dream Eater, Maybe Destiny Manipulation via Destiny Bond, Barrier Creation via Protect, Psychic Manipulation, Weather Manipulation via Sunny Day/Rain Dance, Elemental Manipulation, Energy Manipulation, Resistance to mind manipulation via Sleep Talk, Reality Warping + Pocket Dimension creation via Trick Room and Wonder Room and they all get a huge boost via Mega Evolution

Also, IIRC, there was a gastly who was not only able to create illusions, like pokemon and fuse them together, but they could also physically attack real things so thats a reality warping feat right there. And obviously Gengar>>>Gastly so you get the idea

Even without Mega Evolution, I dont see how Natsu as any chance at all against hax like what Gengar can do

Back