• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General Rora has an existential crisis, but every time he does, Crabwhale calls him something.

Once Crabwhale gives me one reason why landing on a rock millions of kilometers away is more important than defense, yes.

New technologies that will be manufactured to help in new and hostile environments. Many things we use today have roots back to the first space missions, even the likes of computers.

Exploration. It's in our very blood. It is a destiny of sorts if you can call it that. Mankind has strived to sail the stars since the dawn of consciousnesses, as hundreds of works from unrelated sources and time periods attest.

Answering the big questions. Why we are here, where we came from, how did the universe start? These questions will not be answered by standing idly by and waiting for them to come to us.

To make new discoveries. Precious minerals we might never have encountered, exotic formations of moons and planets that defy our standard explanations for phenomena. Perhaps eve life. There are several bodies in our system alone which could harbor it, and potentially billions beyond.

And finally, survival. Any day, a meteor strike could **** us over. Or a supervolcano, or a super plague, or a nuclear war. Our future on the Earth is uncertain, not helped by the fact that several mass extinctions have happened in the past and will by all measures continue to happen in the future.

So yes, I do consider "sci-fi fantasies" a wee bit more important than a country attempting to show everyone how big their dick cannon barrel is.

Hell, you don't even need me saying this stuff, just search for it. It'll give you hundreds or thousands of results from all over the place.

Thanks you for providing some actual reasons istead of "A scientist said so"

I still think defending a quarter of the Earth is more important than exploration for explorations sake. But I'll leave you be.

Bye.

This was derailed to heck and back.

Then again, that is it's purpose.

This is how you hide text with spoilers
You're welcome.
(Quote -> Source mode -> Copy)

I think we might have killed it.

Playing competitive videogame while listening to Cuphead music is a the best thing ever.

With so many VS shows in the internet, I would love to see a "reversed" VS show.

Basically, they downplay both characters as much as possible and the one who ends being less crappy, wins.

Rodri "Dante" said:
With so many VS shows in the internet, I would love to see a "reversed" VS show.
Basically, they downplay both characters as much as possibke and the one who ends being less crappy, wins.
DeathBattle: Am I a joke to you?

Why did you edit your comment instead of just posting a new one?

Back