• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General revisions Flash season 5

I'd say it's a combination of both since he clearly didn't start absorbing it until after the nuke was detonated (0.06 seconds according to Stein), meaning he'd have at least been hit a little, but he doesn't have enough surface area to tank more than a small part of the blast. Although I think this could scale to his AP, maybe not his regular one, though.

So is Firestorm's normal durability low 7-B or not in your opinion?

Edit: Never mind, the formula won't work for distances under a meter. But I'd say it would.

ByAsura said:
Everything I've found tells me that 11.2 km/s is escape velocity and the average meteor and comet speed, and 7.8 km/s is reentry velocity.
You might want to mention this to others then

If the meteor in question was determined to have come from outer space (or outside of our atmosphere) we will use the value of minimum impact velocity, which is the minimum value of speed an object needs to enter the earths atmosphere, that value is 11,000 m/s.-Calculations

As it implies the calculations page is currently wrong.

Regarding Flash's AP stuff:

Season 1 Barry High 8-C feat would be invalid. He does have a 9-A feat which we originally put him at.

The 7-C amp is invalid now too. However, the Low 7-B thing in Season 4 is valid. So basically we have to find good AP feats for Season 2 and Season 3 (and even better, the end of Season 1), or else we'll have to put him at 8-C (lightning).

Andytrenom said:
Bump.

Anyway, I see another speed feat that may potentially get good results...actually make that two

Barry moving while Nora's red lightning stands still

Reverse Flash pulling off a similar feat
Doing a quick calc about it, lightning is 440 000 m/s, assuming snail speed for Nora's lightning in Barry's perspective, or 0.001 m/s.

Barry seems to be walking a huge strides, so I'll use 1.4 m/s (walking speed) as low-end and 3.71 m/s (jogging speed) as high-end.

Low-end: 440000/0.001*1.4 = 616 000 000 m/s, 2.05 times the speed of light.

High-end: 440000/0.001*3.71 = 1 632 400 000 m/s, 5.45 times the speed of light

Impressive.

If Firestorm is accepted as having Low 7-B durability, then everyone stronger than Wells Flash would be low 7-B.

Fodder Zoom villains can topple skyscrapers, which is High 8-C, and Trajectory collapsed a bridge by shaking it apart through running. I'll find others soon, unless the Firestorm feat is accepted, which I agree with given lightning in the series isn't portrayed as being more or less powerful than anyone else's, except Barry's when he's chanelling it through his body and Godspeed's blasts.

@Andy I calculated the distance between Earth and the satellite. There's simply not enough screen space to put the fragments above 8.5 km/s.

@ByAsura The satellite is outside the Atmosphere right? Using the height Spino used here and a 3 minute timeframe I got a speed of 55 km/s

I'll redo it with those values then. It also seems to make sense given how far this thing is above low earth orbit.

Edit: The High-End is now Large Town level.

I should mention that I can only remember two tier 7 feats Barry or any other speedster actually has, both of which are limited to season 4. And even then I am only fully confident about one of them, which is the satellite feat since the nuke feat involves an explicit statement about Flash lightning being 1 billion joules which we instead treat as a statement of it being 1/3rd of 3 megatons.

This does worry me about how consistent tier 7 ratings are for the cast before season 4, especially when compared to the consistent tier 8 stuff.

What did the KE revisions change again? And yeah the lightning being 1/3 of a megaton is after Barry speed shares multiple times and was already in flash time for a good bit.

Doing a quick calc about it, lightning is 440 000 m/s, assuming snail speed for Nora's lightning in Barry's perspective, or 0.001 m/s.

Barry seems to be walking a huge strides, so I'll use 1.4 m/s (walking speed) as low-end and 3.71 m/s (jogging speed) as high-end.

Low-end: 440000/0.001*1.4 = 616 000 000 m/s, 2.05 times the speed of light.

High-end: 440000/0.001*3.71 = 1 632 400 000 m/s, 5.45 times the speed of light

Impressive.

Nobody saw this at all?

It is very likely that the current mftl+ rating was only a temporary boost so it is probably useful.

He didn't become fast enough to perform the feat through training, he had to absorb electricity from those Argus traps to amp himself for the occasion. It's the only reason the feat isn't considered an outlier here.

Even when he was training, he made it to the portal as it was closing, but not at a size where he could fit his whole body through. In reality he went through Devoe's portal before it even started closing.

Anyway, about Flash's ratings, here's what we have so far

• Jefferson Firestorm tanking a 1 megaton explosion and Ronnie Firestorm being casually blown back by Reverse Flash
If this is used to rate the characters then everyone comparable or superior to Wells Flash would be buffed to Low 7-B. I see this scaling to Zoom, Barry after the tachyon amp (since prior to that he defeated a different version of RF who may not be comparable to the one in season 1 and he was also completely overpowered by Wells RF in the season 1 finale), Savitar, Gypsy, Wally etc.

Barry before the amp will be 8-C in season 2 via lightning and 9-A in season 1 via the tornado feat

If we decide to not use that then there are some other feats I can remember

• Black Siren destroying Mercury Labs with a single scream.
This would scale to late Season 2 Barry and above, putting them at high 8-C at the least.

• Nora causing an earthquake
This feat is from episode 19 of season 5 and should be 8-B. Apart from Nora herself I'm not sure who this would scale to since this is pretty late into the season and I'm not sure if she can be accurately compared to older characters who don't scale above this feat anyway.

• Rival creating tornadoes
It seems to be more impressive than the pilot feat we had but if it will actually fetch values above High 8-C I'm not sure.

Probably yeah

here is a summary of all the revision's so far

Season 5 updates
DeVoe losing KF powers

Cicada scaling to Barry in durability

Barry's FTL feat (Really would like more input on this)

Other changes
Wellsbard level characters and higher getting upgraded to low 7-B

@CP Forgot to mention it in the summary but Barry and other Speedsters should also have extrasensory perception since it's stated that Speedsters can sense when another speedster enter the speedforce. The evidence is in Episode 19 of season 5 I believe.

And just to be extra sure, the low 7-B upgrade for Wellsbard and above as well as FTL for season 5 Barry have been approved by you correct?

All the stuff relevant here has been accepted. We're just trying to figure whether a certain rule should be reworded/removed or not.

Yeah. We probably still have to wait till the thread is officially over before carrying out changes, but Flash being "downgraded" is pretty much a given

I'll make these 2 changes soon. If anyone has objections, bring them up now.

Done. I didn't make the other change because Flash doesn't have a season 5 key yet so FTL speed wouldn't have been a simple adjustment like the other two

Also would Nora scale above him? There was the scene where she was vibrating so fast she was invisible, in the same room as Barry and Iris. She also dusted Barry on the run to Cicada 2 when she activated the negative speed force.

There's also Thawne's statement of "creating" the negative speed force, which also would've saved Nora from EE.

I may not have been paying attention during the running to Cicada scene, when exactly did this happen?

We have no idea how he created the negative Speed Force, so if you're proposing a Low 2-C rating here, then I'm afraid that's not happening.

Back