• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General revisions Flash season 5

Seems more like PIS that nobody saw her. Also, was she using the Negative Speed Force in this scene?

Being invisible to Barry is PIS since that implies she's too fast for Barry to even perceive which is obviously not true

I was asking about the other feat btw "Dusting Barry on the run to Cicada". My immediate response is to doubt it but this is pretty late into the Season and Nora would likely be much stronger than before so that complicates things.

Perhaps

https://youtu.be/Jm_SnhqXzPM?t=39

This is the scene where Nora dusts Barry. Barry is already far ahead of her and she catches up and matches his speed with her normal speed (which means she's already faster than him if she can catch up with him to maintain his speed), then she activates the NSF and absolutely takes off, with Barry catching up to her later in the scene when she's back to her normal speed.

This is significant due to Barry needing a bunch of training/amps to match Zoom and the other velocity-9 speedster, whereas Nora using her speed for practically the first time was able to outrun Godspeed who had multiple velocity-9 injections.

It could be due to her being the offspring of two speedsters, hence why she has Barry's yellow lightning and Iris's purple lightning.

They're running side by side in the very next scene and nothing really implies that Nora had to slow down and Barry wouldn't be able to catch up otherwise.

Leaving this aside, Nora does show the capability of fighting the Reverse Flash alongside Barry in the next episode, so while I'm not convinced on her being superior to Barry I'm okay with them being comparable by the end of season.

Nora was first to reach Cicada with Barry arriving soon after. And even when they were chasing Thawne, Nora was slightly ahead of Barry.

They arrive in the location at the same time, there is only the slimmest of gap between them. This isn't notable in any fashion.

Here's literally the first frame in which they enter the location

Flashspeedd
Flash is right behind Nora but your statement "Nora was first to reach Cicada with Barry arriving soon after" makes it sound like Nora arrived without Barry and then Barry also appeared later, which misrepresents the scene greatly

Is Nora slightly ahead of Barry here? Yes, but using this as evidence of Nora scaling above Barry is ridiculous. You need to prove scaling by showing explicit demonstrations of superiority over the other person not blowing a scene of two characters not moving exactly the same speed out of proportion.

So season 5 key, I believe he would still only be Low 7-B right? He has a feat of FTL and if that's deemed to be wrong I believe we have a rel+ feat from Elseworld

Because he only reached Mftl+ by absorbing electricity from the Argus bombs and nothing suggests that was a permanent boost. Tho I guess we could still have "Massively FTL+ by absorbing enough electricity" in his key.

Aren't you the one who calced it in this very thread? Or do you mean if we have other FTL feats?

The calc seems like an outlier. Most other times he does not see lightning as frozen (there's an episode in Season 5 where Barry is actually struck, although it's more PIS), and doing so would render it useless in combat against other similarly fast opponents.

My concerns are more about if the electric surges are in fact comparable to lightning throws which are confirmed to be around lightning level of power.

The "would render lightning useless in combat" argument doesn't really work tbh, since being relativistic should already make it that way but it doesn't

Lightning may be in slow motion, but it's not slow to the point of being frozen. They can still be caught off guard and hit by it.

Just saying but Cicada's Dagger should scale in speed to Nora and Barry's speed since it completely outsped Nora and nulled her powers in the Hospital Scene and managed to keep pace with Barry who only barely outsped the Dagger's nulling range.

I asked Asura to create a thread about it later. I am currently unable to do so myself

I was waiting for a season 5 key to be made to apply the FTL feat

Back