• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General OPM Revision Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
She had to avoid all of his rock throws completely, and he managed to fend off and take barely moderate damage from Gums (who damaged Genos) even after being taken by surprise.
But that was Tanktop Master buffed by Fubuki.

And not to mention that a character dodging an attack doesn't prove that the attack fully scales to them. It's common sense to avoid something being thrown at you even if it isn't all that damaging to you.

We just discussed them being comparable. But, if you disagree or have some evidence, then ok.

She was avoiding them for her life, grunting, and only destroyed one of them with her blasts. The intention is obvious.

We just discussed them being comparable. But, if you disagree or have some evidence, then ok.

She was avoiding them for her life, yelling and screaming while fighting Drive Knight, and only destroyed one of them with her blasts. The intention is obvious.
When did we discuss them being comparable? You asked about TTM being buffed by Fubuki, and I said that wouldn't affect TTM's normal ratings. And Kachon also said we wouldn't scale it to TTM's normal ratings (or we'd backscale it).

I don't think this would affect TTM in the arc where he fought Human Garou.

Ok, so here's what I'm thinking for now. Obviously it's abridged.

Genos:

AP:
Multi-City Block level (Created an explosion on this scale, and was later upgraded to the point where he eventually ripped apart Armoured Gorilla. Destroyed the House of Evolution) | Small Town level (Fought and damaged Deep Sea King) | At least Small Town level (Casually defeated Mosquito Girl and a hydrated Deep Sea King in a simulator. Integrated G4's technology to noticeably increase his power) | At least Small Town level (Stronger than before) | Large Town level, possibly City level (His offensive capabilities are stated to be significantly superior to his defences. Incinerated Gums' insides. Can severely damage Jet Psykos)

Dura: Multi-City Block level | Small Town level | At least Small Town level | At least Small Town level | Large Town level, possibly City level (Survived a blast from Jet Psykos)

Key: House of Evolution Arc | Post-House of Evolution Arc | Post-Alien Conqueror Arc | Post-Superfight | Monster Association Arc

At a quick glance, this looks good. Personally, I think the Cadres (Homeless Emperor, Black Sperm, Gums and Evil Natural Water) are fine at solid 7-B, I don’t think a possibly rating is necessary here.

I don't think Choze can be used for scaling because although he is heavily implied to be Demon level, we never get actual confirmation. We will have to wait for the databook.
Chose wasn't impressive enough to be deemed a Dragon level threat. So the Dragon level threats should scale above him in AP, at least the ones who focus on physical strength.

At a quick glance, this looks good. Personally, I think the Cadres (Homeless Emperor, Black Sperm, Gums and Evil Natural Water) are fine at solid 7-B, I don’t think a possibly rating is necessary here.
Evil Natural Water wasn't killing Child Emperor through AP but by drowning him...

IMO, Evil Natural Water should probably get a Varies rating anyway tbh.

Black Sperm and Gums aren't necessarily "threats" just because of sheer power but because Black Sperm is nigh-impossible for Atomic Samurai to kill, and Gums is eating Pig God alive. Pretty terrifying in all honesty.

The only cadre who could reasonably scale to Vaccine Man is Homeless Emperor.

Well, as I said earlier I don't think the statement is enough for a solid rating.

I mean... Black Sperm is beating the shit out of Atomic, Gums is chewing down Pig God and Evil Natural Water water jets could pierce Child Emperor's body with ease. It's pretty clear to me we are talking about AP here.
The statement isn't about AP; it's about "threat" and we don't do threat level scaling for OPM anymore.

Evil Natural Water's jets can just scale to Child Emperor's durability.

Gums chewing Pig God can just scale to Pig God's durability.

Why do we need to complicate it by trying to scale them to Vaccine Man's biggest explosive attack? Nothing they've done actually warrants this. It is a big assumption to believe that the narrator is saying "Gums' biting strength is greater than the biggest attack Vaccine Man is capable of."

What's wrong with scaling characters to their own actual feats or fights?

Threat =/= Monster Threat levels.

We removed that due to a specific scan that explained the monsters' classification system isn't based on that kind of stuff. This one, for a fact, is at least somewhat different.

Anyway, let's just leave it as possibly for now. What we should focus on are the recalculations, finding better feats, and completely revamping the speed scaling.

Threat =/= Monster Threat levels.

We removed that due to a specific scan that explained the monsters' classification system isn't based on that kind of stuff. This one, for a fact, is at least somewhat different.

Anyway, let's just leave it as possibly for now. What we should focus on are the recalculations, finding better feats, and completely revamping the speed scaling.
Yeah, a re-calc could make this whole discussion redundant.

I thought we stopped accepting that kind of stuff as LS.

In the redraws Gearsper turned the debris into spears and then created a psychic tornado with them would that upgrade or downgrade the AP of the feat?
It's already taking that into account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back