• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General OPM Revision Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what is the consensus here?
7-B for the cadres and those who scale to them?

High 7-C post superfight Genos?

So what is the consensus here?
7-B for the cadres and those who scale to them?

High 7-C post superfight Genos?
I'm currently against the first suggestion, if it is based on the statement alone.

When we need first to keep this organized is a list of all the relevant calcs, then consider if there's any feats we can get calced to add to the list.

Then we need to re-examine the scaling chain in depth. See where we stand with that.

aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMlMkY5MTcyMzEwMzM3MTQzNzY3MzQlMkY5MTcyNjA4MDY2NDE1NjE2MjAlMkYwMDIucG5n

What do we do about this one btw?

Why exactly?
It's a non-specific statement that requires some generous intepretation and wouldn't even apply to a few of the Cadre members due to context even if it was regarded as solid for AP.

I explained up above to ByAsura I may concede on a "Possibly" for it for some of them, but not as their main rating and justification which should be based on something far more solid whether it be by feats or direct powerscaling.

I'll start drafting up a sandbox for the characters who need to be changed prior to the MA arc like Genos, PPP, etc.

It's a non-specific statement that requires some generous intepretation and wouldn't even apply to a few of the Cadre members due to context even if it was regarded as solid for AP.
I completely disagree with it being non-specific.

It mentions how the heroes have extraordinary power, but despite their strength, there were beings strong enough to make them struggle.

It specifically references strength/power twice. Calling it a "non-specific statement" that needs "generous interpretation" is either lack of understanding or straight up disingenuousness.

If your issue is with which Cadre this statement would apply to, then we can discuss that, but flat out out-ruling it entirely for that reason makes no sense.

Last edited:
"Strength" isn't always AP.

I've stated my opinion on the statement; trying to use it to make every Cadre > Vaccine Man's strongest energy attacks, when Vaccine Man's own stats are mostly unknown isn't something I think is most accurate for the profiles.

"Strength" isn't always AP.
What else is it then?
trying to use it to make every Cadre > Vaccine Man's strongest energy attacks
Did you not read what I wrote?

I literally said that if you want to discuss which specific Cadre would scale, we can do that.
Vaccine Man's own stats are mostly unknown
Because of the wording of the statement, scaling them to Vaccine Man's strongest energy attacks works, as the Hero Association was aware of it.

Whatever, I'm not interested in debating of the specifics of the statement right now. I want to focus on how we can actually revise the characters who are straightforward to revise.

I mean, there are lots of monsters who aren't necessarily powerhouses but are hard to put down.
The monsters the statement was contextualized towards were the Cadre.

I know that some of them aren't purely strength as there are other factors, but that's why I'm saying that we should discuss which monsters wouldn't be effected instead of saying that we can't use this.

So I guess 7-B cadres, possibly maybe?

High 7-C Post Superfight Genos, though I should mention that the Super Spiral Incineration Cannon heat blast was large enough to burn through the whole of Elder Centipede body, no idea if that can be calculated or not or if its an upgrade at all. (Chapter 84 pages 102-103)

Suiryu is 7-C+ so we downscale the crows and Max and Snek to "At most 7-C"? I don't quite get what we will do with Deep Sea King and PPP, iirc Hammerhead has an 8-A feat which PPP scales above of.

Class G LS for Gearsper

Therefir made this calc for Garou's stomp. Garou himself, Flashy, Platinum Sperm and AB Bang should scale to this.

I’m fine with the Cadres only getting ‘possibly 7-B’ if it’s that big of an issue, but I really don’t think it’s necessary.
Therefir made this calc for Garou's stomp. Garou himself, Flashy, Platinum Sperm and AB Bang should scale to this.
Post-Molt EC too, he scales to AB Bang.

Oh and if we are removing scaling Garou LS to Tank Top Master then I think this feat should be calculated:

aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMlMkY5MTcyMzEwNDIyNTM5Njc0MjAlMkY5MTcyNjY5NTQxMDI5MTA5NzYlMkYwMzkucG5n

I don't think scaling EC's teeth to his full rating is a smart thing to do.

Genos harmed EC solely due to the fact that the blast occurred internally.
I mean yeah the damage isn't big but he did break his teeth and the JDA was pushing against the whole of EC body

Post-Molt EC too, he scales to AB Bang.
I think that should be a "Possibly" or a "Likely" since Post-Molt EC never actually fought AB Bang so we can't be positive about how the fight would have gone.

I think that should be a "Possibly" or a "Likely" since Post-Molt EC never actually fought AB Bang so we can't be positive about how the fight would have gone.
Well Bang already saw Pre-Molt EC as superior to his non-Awakening Breath self, so him believing he would perish while attempting to defeat Post-Molt EC indicates that he still doubts whether his AB is sufficient to compensate for the significant difference between their initial abilities and EC's additional power boost.

While that's true Bang did imply that he would die going all out against Post-Molt EC and he should know his own strength

Ok, so PPP, Genos and DSK would scale to 2x baseline Small Town level. Maybe higher if the Max Three Crows stuff gets accepted.

We shouldn't try that old Ziller scaling where everyone under the sun scales and downscales.

Base Bomb and Bang should get at most ratings, while Genos/Gums and pre-Spiral Garou just wouldn't scale at all because they're one-shot gaps below characters who are actually on this level.

Even Darkshine scaling is sus because A) VFU got one-shot by this exact Garou, and B) Golden Sperm knocked him out with one blow.

Last edited:
Actually, I recall some old arguments I've had, so I'm about to do something controversial here.

I don't think we should scale Bomb to the Garou that fought Bang, or Bomb should get an at most since he wasn't one-shot. Garou significantly bloodied many different parts of Bomb's face, practically immobilised him, and broke his leg with a normal punch (not some technique that bypasses durability).

'But Garou needs adversity to evolve' is a common (and false) argument that I've gotten in response to this; he simply needs to be pushed to become stronger at random points in fights. Garou was able to adapt to Psykos' telekinesis when simply held in place, get faster in the midst of running away from Orochi, and become faster and stronger while performing hits rather than getting hit. Even while overwhelming PS, this same Garou was accelerating, and grew to the point of one-shotting him in the space of one attack.

Clearly, the Garou that fought Bomb is evolved and is << the Garou that stomped Bomb, who's in turn < the AB Garou who fought PS and AB Bang.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back