• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General issue about "all the verse powers"

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing is being lazy- another is purposely making the profile pretty awful to read for abilities that generally aren't major anyways.
How is it ''awful'' to read? if a character has ALL POWERS OF THE VERSE, is a common sense that somehow, the page need to be link at least to a character who also has it, because it is a mess to find the abilities if not

I mean, all of the largest pages on the wiki are arguably awful to read and all, but that's just out of the negative that being a large page is, and that doesn't make its content necessarily counterproductive in the first place, this is like saying that just because Wikipedia is big, it is bad out of being a pain to read. After all, we aren't asking users to read everything, but rather what they may need, and so the more the better so long it's within the topic and it's organized well enought for our purposes.

Last edited:
I mean, all of the largest pages on the wiki are arguably awful to read and all, but that's just out of the negative that being a large page is, and that doesn't make its content necessarily counterproductive in the first place
What would make it counterproductive is if one could summarize it without losing information with a fraction of the length, though.
Like, for example, if one can list "Can manipulate all matter" as ability, listing metal, earth, air and water manipulation becomes unnecessary, since that manipulation is already part of manipulating all matter. No new information would be given by mentioning those.

What would make it counterproductive is if one could summarize it without losing information with a fraction of the length, though.
Like, for example, if one can list "Can manipulate all matter" as ability, listing metal, earth, air and water manipulation becomes unnecessary, since that manipulation is already part of manipulating all matter. No new information would be given by mentioning those.
Well, matter manipulation by itself is vague and is easy to misunderstand, in fact that's why the Editing Rules encourage powers such as that one to have proper descriptions. While summarizing details can help keep a page compact and to the point and all, doing it this way isn't a good idea given that it just skips relevant details (how it's manipulated, on what exactly it has been shown to do so for the most part) just to save a few paragraphs at most. Keeping note on from who they upscale to in terms of capabilities is also easily relevant.

Last edited:
One thing is being lazy- another is purposely making the profile pretty awful to read for abilities that generally aren't major anyways.

I don't know about your standards, but a profile that's readable and indexes the important stuff seems more professional than a bloated page that no one can actually read.
Tell that to Rimuru's page. Stop making excuses lol

Tell that to Rimuru's page. Stop making excuses lol
Rimuru page also doesnt have all powers iirc, but it connect his profile to Yuuki, which has all powers, so, it mentions ''(Rimuru should resist analyzed skills obtained from gaining Yuuki's Information King-Akashic Records because Rimuru gets resistance to abilities that he analyzed, from his Reactive Evolution)''

Rimuru page also doesnt have all powers iirc, but it connect his profile to Yuuki, which has all powers, so, it mentions ''(Rimuru should resist analyzed skills obtained from gaining Yuuki's Information King-Akashic Records because Rimuru gets resistance to abilities that he analyzed, from his Reactive Evolution)''
This doesn't disprove my point at all when it's in the Top 10 of the longest pages.

Yuri and Regidian are already doing for Root and Shiki.

Puella Magi Experts, Umineko Experts, Honkai Impact Experts and Parahumans Experts
I meant lists of members who know those verses from our knowledgeable members list in the wiki.

I agree with this approach. We should stick to the more relevant powers.

Thank you, although I don't think that it seems like a good idea to burden our staff with this. They are busy enough already.

I am not sure. What do the rest of you think about the draft?

Thank you, although I don't think that it seems like a good idea to burden our staff with this. They are busy enough already.
At the very least they should be made aware of this, otherwise this will just be forgotten for the other cases that suffer this.
Perhaps maybe an rule should also be done regarding this for future reference.

This doesn't disprove my point at all when it's in the Top 10 of the longest pages.

Your example, which is already bloated, doesn't even follow what you're arguing for. It kinda shows how impractical what you want is. So yeah, if anything it disproves your point.

Your example, which is already bloated, doesn't even follow what you're arguing for. It kinda shows how impractical what you want is.
Are you referring to Rimuru's page? Because if you mean it being a wall of hax being impractical so be it lol. Not to mention that as Kukui said they can be a blog as well if you want the page clean.

Also, everyone already accepted such and Antvasima even told to put all the relevant powers, and Arceus/Creator current sandbox follow such, with them being actual decent results, so why are you opposing that much again complete information?

The relevant powers does not remotely mean all of the powers though. There is no point in listing thread manipulation for a supreme being for example..

Last edited:
The relevant powers does not remotely mean all of the powers though. There is no point in listing thread manipulation for a supreme being for example..
The context of the plates kinda of make hard to decide which is to exclude tho. I'll talk to other Pokémon supporters to decide which to keep and remove.

Last edited by a moderator:
Minor thing, but is it appropriate to scale Inorganic Physiology to Arceus? As an incorporeal entity, with organic avatars, it seems rather weird.

In the same way I'm also not sure on scaling abilities from each species to Arceus given that those aren't necessarily bound to a type and would probably need a bit more backing up for that, especially considering that several moves interact with types but not abilities (Soak, Forest's Curse, Trick-or-Treat) or just abilities but not the type (Gastro Acid, Skill Swap, Role Play), and of course most abilities don't interact with the types at all and just are "secondary" interactions (Magic Guard, Unaware, Intimidate).
The only move that interacts with both is Transform, which just copies both plus the statistics from a target, and so it's clear that a type and an ability are separate things that shouldn't be equalized, this is also further supported by Burn Up removing the user's Fire type but not the ability.

Some justification for the plates being the source of all Pokémon powers (and more importantly them somehow covering more than types themselves if that's the case) and all could also use a scan to justify it, I keep getting enought issues off-site when I present seriously Pokémon pages without those.

Last edited:
@StrymULTRA

You asked me to come here earlier, but I am not sure what you want me to do exactly.

We would have to like, search through all verse pages to analyize the powers and see which one is relevant enough to list it on Madoka's page, that would be based off opinions.

What powers would we consider relevant for a god tier that doesn't even use them in canon?

We would have to like, search through all verse pages to analyize the powers and see which one is relevant enough to list it on Madoka's page, that would be based off opinions.

What powers would we consider relevant for a god tier that doesn't even use them in canon?
These powers are pretty relevant in her threads tbf, it's the reason why the verse is #1 in non Smurf 2-As.

It's a pain to add all of mgs abilities to her profile tho,and UKG possibly has even more abilities than that

I have no idea what people argue in her vs threads, and honestly I wouldn't index a profile off what people assume in matches, because those are conflicted opinions most of the time.

I would rather go by what she shows in canon.

I have no idea what people argue in her vs threads, and honestly I wouldn't index a profile off what people assume in matches, because those are conflicted opinions most of the time.

I would rather go by what she shows in canon.
I mean, she's portrayed as the god tier that can do anything MagiReco characters can, you're contradicting that part of the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back