• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General issue about "all the verse powers"

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is anybody willing to go through the other character profile pages for the verses and note down the relevant powers from them, so they can be added to the profile pages with lacking P&A sections?

So is anybody willing to go through the other character profile pages for the verses and note down the relevant powers from them, so they can be added to the profile pages with lacking P&A sections?
For nasuverse and shiki i will see with other to see how we do about it, i think, but well if someone want to add the thing first.

Question do we add the original justification of these power too or we just show from which profile it come?

Last edited:
I'll handle all the Noble Phantasms for Fate.

This should really go without saying. Be it with tabbers or in a blog, this should really be fixed regardless.

At the point that it is clear that those characters have total power over reality, energy, matter, space, time, minds, souls, causality, laws and concepts, explicitly listing something like fire manipulation becomes superfluous.
Yeah wouldn't most of these powers just fall into some subset of conceptual manipulation or reality warping.

Like you don't need to give The Luminous Being every power in DnD even though it theoretically has them all. Since reality warping covers that.

Reality Warping is a pretty variable power and is meant to just cover a way of doing something, not being synonimous with pseudo-omnipotence for the purposes of the setting or the like, and so I don't think "all the powers of the verse" should be overgeneralized with Reality Warping, that's arguably worse as it's even easier to misunderstand.

Reality Warping is a pretty variable power and is meant to just cover a way of doing something, not being synonimous with pseudo-omnipotence for the purposes of the setting or the like, and so I don't think "all the powers of the verse" should be overgeneralized with Reality Warping, that's arguably worse as it's even easier to misunderstand.
So much this

Qaw pointed out exactly why I think this is just really redundant. Just seems like a terrible, bloated idea, specially when many of these wouldn't even use the powers in a way that makes sense.

Though, it seems like it doesn't matter anyway since this is already accepted. I'll whip out something for the Root.

Qaw pointed out exactly why I think this is just really redundant. Just seems like a terrible, bloated idea, specially when many of these wouldn't even use the powers in a way that makes sense.

Though, it seems like it doesn't matter anyway since this is already accepted. I'll whip out something for the Root.
Because overgeneralizating and making a profile incomplete and unprofessional is definitely better, sure.

"unprofessional"

Lol. If being unprofessional is not bloating a page with a load of powers just for the sake of it then I'd rather them be unprofessional, but you do you.

This is no different from saying "screw it I'm too lazy to list all the character powers, go see for yourself". Really, we need to be much more professional than this. If the profiles ends up too long there are tabbers for that

Definitely agree with this, not listing powers for whatever reason is just that simple, not listing powers.

So about this...

Also, to clarify, I also think that only the most relevant powers should be listed, not every single comparatively pointless sub-power in each verse.

So about this...

Also, to clarify, I also think that only the most relevant powers should be listed, not every single comparatively pointless sub-power in each verse.
Shall we do different CRTs per verse or put all the revisions here?

It can probably all be handled here. All that you need to do is go through the profile pages of each verse, and copy the relevant powers into sections of a wiki sandbox.

Last edited:
Tbh, we don't really need blogs. We can easily use tabbers to organize the powers according to their "type in the verse".

This profile is a perfect example

That seems fine, but I meant that you should go through the character profile pages for each verse and copy the more relevant powers and abilities there to assembled sandbox drafts for the powers and abilities sections of each case.

That seems fine, but I meant that you should go through the character profile pages for each verse and copy the more relevant powers and abilities there to assembled sandbox drafts for the powers and abilities sections of each case.
Then apply it to the actual profile, right?

So, I tried to do something for Arceus in the meantime to re-organize better its powers (new version of the profile here and the list of the plates powers without tabbers here)

Question is: It's the profile too long or is it good?

(If you wonder, it's necessary, given that each plate has its own powers and nulls said powers from its own if trew against Arceus).

Last edited:
So, I tried to do something for Arceus in the meantime to re-organize better its powers (new version of the profile here and the list of the plates powers without tabbers here)

Question is: It's the profile too long or is it good?

(If you wonder, it's necessary, given that each plate has its own powers and nulls said powers from its own if trew against Arceus).
It seems fine to me, but it will look very bloated in the mobile viewing format. That always happens for very long powers and abilities sections though, so there isn't much that we can do about it.

It seems fine to me, but it will look very bloated in the mobile viewing format. That always happens for very long powers and abilities sections though, so there isn't much that we can do about it.
I'll think about something to put all the plate powers in a single tabber without repeating them for any plate

Yes, there isn't much that we can do about that Fandom has not made tabbers work in mobile mode yet.

I would suggest contacting the knowledgeable members over the respective characters' series mentioned in the OP, given that this requires being into the verses in question to apply and all.

I suppose that may be a good idea.

Can somebody write lists of who I should send a notification to? I don't have the time to investigate myself.

I suppose that may be a good idea.

Can somebody write lists of who I should send a notification to? I don't have the time to investigate myself.
Yuri and Regidian are already doing for Root and Shiki.

Puella Magi Experts, Umineko Experts, Honkai Impact Experts and Parahumans Experts

This is no different from saying "screw it I'm too lazy to list all the character powers, go see for yourself". Really, we need to be much more professional than this. If the profiles ends up too long there are tabbers for that

One thing is being lazy- another is purposely making the profile pretty awful to read for abilities that generally aren't major anyways.

I don't know about your standards, but a profile that's readable and indexes the important stuff seems more professional than a bloated page that no one can actually read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back