• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General Grievous vs Darth Maul

IIRC Maul and Grievous fought in canon already in Son of Dathomir but not in legends to my knowledge so this should be interesting

Maul overpowered Grievous twice in Son of Dathomir. On the second occasion, he traded blows with Grievous for a few seconds and blasted him out of the building they were in.

Maul and Grievous both have similar styles. Grievous was trained in the various lightsaber combat forms and developed a Frankenstein of a lightsaber combat form of his own which borrowed from all. Maul's Form VII is the same kind of deal. Hence they're a good match as far as blade to blade combat goes. But throw in TK which Maul uses like a blunt instrument at utterly ******* random times in combat and Grievous will have trouble. We have seen as such.

Maul wins more often than not. Only way I can see Grievous winning is by calling in help.

Also, keep in mind that Grievous is a match for Ventress. Maul can soundly kick her ass. While I normally disapprove of ABC logic with Star Wars duels. I believe Maul's current showings against Grievous and Grievous vs Ventress do carry weight here.

About Son of Dathomir

1) Grievous overpowered him the first time around

2) He took Grievous by surprise the first time around. Grievous had only turned around before Maul tackled him

3) He blasted Grievous out of the building to no ill effect to Grievous while Grievous (and for a while Maul) were distracted watching Sidious electrocute Talzin/Dooku

4) Grievous got the last laugh, given the PTSD he inflicted on Maul at the end lmao

Not voting (and SOD isn't even Legends), just wanted to say that

I'd give Maul the win. Just the fact that he can use the Force, and is very proficient at it, gives Darth Maul many tactical and versatility advantages that Grievous can't use. Plus Maul's lightsaber skills alone should give Grievous a VERY hard struggle.

MemeMan40 said:
I'd give Maul the win. Just the fact that he can use the Force, and is very proficient at it, gives Darth Maul many tactical and versatility advantages that Grievous can't use. Plus Maul's lightsaber skills alone should give Grievous a VERY hard struggle.
True, but in Grievous' defense, Maul hardly EVER uses TK, and has never used it very smartly.

True, but in Grievous' defense, Maul hardly EVER uses TK, and has never used it very smartly.

We know Maul loves to be up close and personal with his lightsaber most of the time. But whats to stop Maul from giving Grievous a powerful Force push to send him flying, use TK to smack him around the room, or Force crush parts of his body or crush him into a ball. Maul was designed to be a full out killing machine and will use everything at his disposal if he must. Maul's very smart as well; he built his own 3P0 type assassin droid armed to the teeth with weapons, so if I'm sure he's smart enough to use the Force to his advantage against Grievous.

Plus i dont recall Grievous ever killing a Force user on Maul's level of lightsaber skills

Back