• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General Grievous question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a video once that said Mace Windu avoided dueling General Grievous due to believing he couldn't beat him. I'm unsure of the validity of this statement, however, as the video in question lacks citation. The channel in question dedicates itself to Star Wars facts, which is the only reason I'm asking this.

If Greivous scales to Windu, then this would provide pretty major buff to both canon and legends.

This seems like PIS ngl, even if he was scared I don't think it would warrant such an upgrade to the mid tiers of the verse. Also [Citation Needed]. He doesn't have a source for the stuff in the video. Also Greivous lost to Obi Wan, and we all know Mace>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Obi Wan

Didn't Windu imply in the RotS novel that Kenobi was relative to him?

This likely refers to an early novel in the Legends continuity called Labyrinth of Evil. Windu just Force crushed Grievous upon meeting him in the 2003 series, the former is clearly more powerful regardless of what Grievous may or may not be able to achieve via combat skills.

LordTracer said:
Didn't Windu imply in the RotS novel that Kenobi was relative to him?
I looked into this a bit, basically Windu implied that if he and Kenobi were to duel, either one of them could come out the victor.

Hellbeast1 said:
Plus I think we're downgrading Windu since Vaapaad is an amp
Would it really be a downgrade, couldn't he be like; "5-B force amp, 4-B with Vaapaad amp" or somehting. I just think it would be a seperate key.

I heard something about a Windu downgrade but nor sure where or why.

Making sense in of that comment I did above about Windu not being 4-B before RotS, he would become at that level in his fight his Sidious due to being angry for the Jedi he killed. But that would be crazy and it makes far more sense for Grievous beating Windu to be an outlier, again, Windu just Force crushed Grievous upon meeting him in the 2003 series, that novel about Grievous likely exaggerated his abilities and went too far.

I agree that Mace Windu is definitely above Grievous and that he's not quite Sidious level till much later.

I'm still not sure why would Mace Windu be stronger in Revenge of the Sith though. If anything, he should be weaker since he was 53 and would have been past his prime.

Star Wars is admittedly full of inconsistencies like many other verses out there.

Dooku did hold his own against Yoda and was implied to be around as powerful as Mace Windu IIRC, but he got defeated by Anakin. Dooku, Anakin and Obi-Wan are like rock paper scissors.

Are you replying to my question about Dooku vs Yoda or what? If so I think "Yoda deflected his Force Lightning "far from easily" during their fight in Attack of the Clones." should be removed from his profile.

Anyway sorry for derailing, we should focus on Windu first.

I believe Yoda was holding back and he actually appeared to be stomping him at least from the way the movie portrayed it. Haven't read the book in a long time, so not sure how differently it was there. Anyway, 4-B Dooku didn't seem consistent as he was later killed by Anakin. And we have a discussion rule against 4-B Vader.

But yeah, keep the focus on Windu.

I'm not sure about At Least for Dooku

We know even a weaker Vader is stronger then him which this extends to Anakin and co

Well firstly, Dooku was already around 80 and far past his prime, and still stomped Obi-Wan. I am more inclined to believe that Anakin only won because Dooku was holding back and Palpatine influenced the fight.

One about Vader even after being weaker then Anakin still being stronger then Dooku (It's on Asura's respect thread)

Anakin should definitely have an 'At least,' since he essentially stomped Dooku at the end of their duel and had two statements (one of which came from Windu himself) to be one of the strongest Jedi in the order, Windu even saying Anakin was arguably the strongest Jedi alive. And Prime Vader surpassed RotS Anakin, so he scales as well.

Kenobi should probably have an 'At least,' since Windu did imply Kenobi could potentially stalemate him and he did keep up with an emotionally compromised RotS Vader.

Maybe Maul and Grievous too then? Are there anyone else who should get an "at least"?

However although I think Obi-Wan is a great fighter and many underrate him, he is only this good via defensive techniques to eventually wear out the opponent. So I'm uncertain if potentially stalemating Windu or keeping up with Vader means he is comparable to them in terms of AP.

I think Maul and Grievous should only get an 'At least' if Kenobi does. Unless they have feats of fighting Dooku level opponents that I don't know about. Darth Krayt's first key should also get an 'At least' if Kenobi does.

As for anyone else that could scale:

- Darth Vader (Since Vader even at his weakest was apparently stronger than Dooku, and Vader in his prime was stronger than Anakin)

- Galen Marek (Was on par with Pre-ANH Vader)

- RotJ Luke (I'm not entirely sure about this one, since Vader wasn't really going all-out)

- Revan, Ajunta Pall, Karness Muur, Remulus Dreypa (Karness was stronger than Vader, and everyone else scales to or above him)

- Darth Plagueis (Was stated to be more than a match for the best Jedi of his era, which is basically what's been stated about Dooku)

I think Dooku fighting Yoda should be removed from his profile if it is an outlier.

I still think he should get an "At least" though, he is superior to the average High 7-C Jedi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back