• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General Godzilla Discussion

None of what you said changes the fact that statistics wise godzilla saved more than he killed. Not to mention he killed them unintentionally 90% of the time as no kaiju has a single idea that there are humans crawling around every house and skyscraper, heck he even avoids stepping on moving cars.

I think godzilla is more like a gardner, guarding his garden and erradicating snakes that crawl into it, so in a way he cares about even the ants that exist there, just not to a high extent.
We also see godzilla bond with humans like with serizawa, the soldier from the 2014 movie and more. That's why he isn't against them and actually likes them.

Also his beam being capable of nuking countries is irrelevant as humans percieve it as 75 kilotons (the intro to gvk estimates it's output).

Godzilla was definitely a prick to kong but we are talking about a rivalry worth millions of years where many of godzilla's ancestors died.
He didn't really do to anything to Kong's settlement and even let him stay there as long as he didn't come out, only attacking once he breached into godzilla's territory.

Also, kong saved humanity from skullcrawlers? Really? That's your argument?
You are comparing kong killing some dinosaur sized lizards who could have been most likely taken down with some cruiser battleship gunfire to a godly alien three headed being, immune to humanity's strongest weapons, one who can make colossal hurricanes literally on the fly which would have torn apart the atmosphere ect. And Godzilla beat that and even acknowledged humans helping him.
Your are comparing what is the equivalent of a mutated large t-rex to an alien god who can nuke the earth.

Now let's look at the next part, the victories. Yes godzilla had the advantage in the first round but people keep forgetting that Kong had the advantage of having a forest of skyscrapers surrounding him in round 2 and 3, and also had an axe that can specifically absorb radiation. And even then he just barely won round 2 and got his ass handed to him in round 3. He never put a single dent in godzilla's body throughout the 3 rounds.

Anyways about the "rounds won". If your opponent gets up the first two rounds but on the third one you cave his skull in I'm pretty sure you win. That is the case with the movies as well.

I don't want to repeat points, but Godzilla: Dominion does show that even if Godzilla is a bit apathetic to humanity he isn't against the idea of preventing titans from attacking humanity which he did for years so at that view I think he does make an effort to protect the earth AND its inhabitants

I think you're taking this a little too seriously Arceus, far more seriously than anyone should be taking this series. I figured you were mostly kidding with statistics such as "Kong killed about 30 helicopters worth of humans so like around 100 people."

I mean, that's nothing short of ridiculous. Downright wrong and extremely hard to take seriously, hence all the "lol"s. And I'll see more of these "arguments" here.

None of what you said changes the fact that statistics wise godzilla saved more than he killed.

Yes... That still doesn't ignore the fact that Godzilla has killed a CONSIDERABLE amount of innocent people whereas Kong has done the same kind of saving plus killed only those who endangered the island and the world (a crazy group of soldiers, and that's it, really). We can't just ignore the fact that Godzilla has a seriously high bodycount and act as though he's still a hero, the movies glance over this but the audience isn't stupid enough to not notice lol

At least the Showa era (sans the first two) had the excuse of the tone being more comedic.

Not to mention he killed them unintentionally 90% of the time as no kaiju has a single idea that there are humans crawling around every house and skyscraper, heck he even avoids stepping on moving cars.

Another ridiculous argument. He can see people in the buildings on multiple instances in the 2014 film and destroyed a whole bridge and various streets and cars in GvK. He knows cities are full of people just as he knows there are people inside the ships around him. The Titans may be more animalistic but they're not stupid, they know that inside of those structures and vehicles there are people, because they know where to look or strike to find the soft meat inside.

We also see godzilla bond with humans like with serizawa, the soldier from the 2014 movie and more.

wha
At no point does he bond with either of them in the film, he just looks at them. Though MonsterVerse Godzilla has about as much expression as your typical lizard, you can tell he didn't "bond" with any human, by virtue of pure cinematic language, his face didn't say at any point that he cared. In truth, he didn't have a semblance of personality (beyond having constant pissed off face, I suppose) until GvK, that laugh and his interactions with Kong was the most personality he got out of the MonsterVerse.

Also his beam being capable of nuking countries is irrelevant as humans percieve it as 75 kilotons (the intro to gvk estimates it's output).

...So you think all of the tournament brackets in the GvK intro were made by people? It's not meant to showcase anything, it's a "blink and you'll miss it" statistic but hardly something to take seriously. Also, they have ways to measure energy on an even greater range than Godzilla's atomic breath, why would they get the number wrong?

Godzilla was definitely a prick to kong but we are talking about a rivalry worth millions of years where many of godzilla's ancestors died.

The same goes both ways. Was Kong a prick to Godzilla, though? No, he was just defending himself. At no point did he have a sinister laugh to the same extent as Godzilla's.

Here's a clear sign that Arceus is taking this perhaps a bit too seriously, from the way this is written

even acknowledged humans helping him

I'm not sure what this tidbit is supposed to stand for. That he cares about the humans? Acknowlodging their help doesn't mean the same as that. They've helped him before and he's walked away in the same manner.

You are comparing kong killing some dinosaur sized lizards who could have been most likely taken down with some cruiser battleship gunfire to a godly alien three headed being, immune to humanity's strongest weapons, one who can make colossal hurricanes literally on the fly which would have torn apart the atmosphere ect. And Godzilla beat that and even acknowledged humans helping him.
Your are comparing what is the equivalent of a mutated large t-rex to an alien god who can nuke the earth.

I think this is what they call "hard fanboying" or something along those lines

Let me remind you that 1998 Godzilla was considered a threat for mankind and he was an oversized iguana. The Skullcrawlers shared a similar level of threat as GINO as well as the MUTOs, there's a reason Kong was keeping them in check. They weren't just out to lay waste to the entire island, obviously. In great numbers they were a force to be reckoned with, and Number 10 in GvK was even bigger than the ones we saw.

At no point did I compare King Ghidorah to the Skullcrawlers, I'm not sure what you were blinded by but feel free to read my comment again. The Skullcrawlers were a serious threat, that's all I said.

Additionally, though this is partially unrelated to the other replies, the Skullcrawlers were much smarter than most of the Titans we've seen, because they were able to lay down traps for Kong such as killing a Sker Buffalo and using it as bait so one of their own could attack from behind.

Now let's look at the next part, the victories.

My comment on the victories was unrelated to the rest of the conversation but okay

Yes godzilla had the advantage in the first round but people keep forgetting that Kong had the advantage of having a forest of skyscrapers surrounding him in round 2 and 3, and also had an axe that can specifically absorb radiation.

I mean, he didn't really use the environment to his advantage throughout most of the fight in the city, mostly to dodge Godzilla's spammy atomic breath but he would've done so without the need of buildings. Heck, if anything, having the buildings only made it harder since they easily collapsed when Godzilla hit them.

As I've said before the movie makes it fair and portrays the two as being very capable of defeating each other, and some of the writers agree. When it was just fisticuffs without any weapons or powers, the two were more or less evenly matched, though of course Kong's punches were something pretty special (having the ability to close his fists and all).

Anyways about the "rounds won". If your opponent gets up the first two rounds but on the third one you cave his skull in I'm pretty sure you win. That is the case with the movies as well.

My point about the rounds was more on how ridiculous I thought it was for people to be mad at Godzilla losing in the 1962 film when he technically wins more than he loses there, and evidently survives given the sequels (even if the unmade KKvG sequel confirmed his death). Additionally I'm not sure there are "rounds" in actual battles to the death, in real life, just one fight until it ends with one person dying (there were definitely not rounds in the ancient Roman colosseum battles lol). In GvK it felt more like a wrestling match, especially since the two were definitely gonna make up to battle Mechagodzilla.

I don't want to repeat points, but Godzilla: Dominion does show that even if Godzilla is a bit apathetic to humanity he isn't against the idea of preventing titans from attacking humanity which he did for years so at that view I think he does make an effort to protect the earth AND its inhabitants
I mean do any comic/novels specify that Godzilla actually cares? Because from what we see in the movies and other comics it seems more like he only wants to avoid a conflict between Titans and humans, but this world was his long before humans came so he doesn't really have a reason to actually give a damn about humans.

Btw, since I've been working on profiles for all kinds of monsters, what giant movie monster do you guys think should have his own profile?

A shame GiH Godzilla doesn't have a more distinct design beyond the one IDW uses for almost every comic of theirs, it'd be nice if he looked a little different but in that video all I'm asking to myself is "Is this the best representation of that design available in stick nodes?" He could've at least used Hellbat Godzilla or something

First off, yes, i am arguing about the personality of a movie character, i am anylizing him and arguing with you, i will take this, to an extent, seriously.

First off your argument against my "unintentional deaths" part is complete BS. He tried his best not to destroy cars or ships and when it comes to destroying buildings no way in hell will a 108 meter kaiju notice that there's "soft meat" under their hands as humans aren't exactly big or soft, you'd need a good bull or an elephant sitting there for them to notice it.

Not to mention in the most destructive battles took place in already evacuated cities in the 2014 and 2019 movies so he killed a lot less by strictly destroying buildings.

Let's see what's next, aha
"Hard fanboying", yes i like godzilla, yes I'm gonna argue for him, doesn't make me less right.

Skullcrawlers got hit with weapons consistently and only sirvived because minigun fire isn't enough to pierce them.
Zilla being a mutated iguana changes nothing. Unless you don't remember, that thing was 60 meters tall and could evade gunfire and it took many missiles to actually take it down.
Big skullcrawlers from gvk are irrelevant as they are grown specifically to fight MG. Not to mention that if skullcrawlers were to somehow appear on earth and start wrecking havoc (the big ones i mean) godzilla would have awakened and taken care of them with ease.

Now let's look at the next point. Buildings not helping Kong but making it hard for him... This is BS.
He was swinging from those buildings like a darned... Well... Monkey. He used it to place his axe down while he went into close combat and outmanoeuvred godzilla due to them, if you remember godzilla got literally stuck in one of the buildings which wouldn't happen if they were in a plain field. He literally climbed them building and assaulted godzilla from it in round 3.

Also about rounds, yes godzilla would have died or at least was fully incapacitated in the end of the 1963 movie. Kong would've died in gvk if the humans didn't save him. So yes the "last round" matters the most and i did divide it into 3 rounds as one, round 2 is mentioned in the movie, and two, there was a break between every battle.

Also why the heck are you bringing up other comics and movies into this? This is monsterverse godzilla, not heisei godzilla, not gmk godzilla.
Monsterverse goji was shown in the movies and comics to acknowledge humans as creatures he doesn't have anything against and he understands that they're his allies because they serizawa gave him the energy to boost his power and he clearly saw him do that.

Now about godzilla being an ass to kong, he was arguably a lot more merciful than ue could've been. Kong is the same as a MUTO to godzilla as they are enemy species, in fact the MUTOs were trying to simply mate yet godzilla showed up and said "no horny". He killed mutos the moment they came to the surface yet he spared kong while he was on the island and even after Kong's defeat. If Kong stayed down or went back to the island he would have spared him but instead Kong shows up with an axe made from the spinal plate of Godzilla's ancestor, of course he'd be pissed. In fact he left him alone after he left the axe at the end of the movie. Maybe it was wrong to attack Kong unprecedented but he attacked all kaiju to assert dominance, to prove that he's indeed the king of the monsters. Kong stepping into godzilla's territory was like an enemy of the state stepping into someone's kingdom.

Overall: if your basis for an argument is basically "your points are ridiculous lol, you should take this less seriously" then you've less hard basis than a pillow.

You know speaking of the comics, with Awakening mentioning that Godzilla's existence in the ancient world brought forth myths it makes me wonder what monsters in mythology or religion in the MonsterVerse were inspired from Godzilla

You know speaking of the comics, with Awakening mentioning that Godzilla's existence in the ancient world brought forth myths it makes me wonder what monsters in mythology or religion in the MonsterVerse were inspired from Godzilla
Well we know that Dagon was a Godzilla specimen worshipped by the ancient Mesopotamians so I guess he could count.

That may be El Rodãno

I definitely think the Mongolian Death Worn could be a neat Titan and I’ve always maintained it’d be dope if Kong fought Gorosaurus in the Hollow Earth
Like a Call Back to his fight with the T-Rex from the Original King Kong and the 2000's Remake?

That may be El Rodãno

I definitely think the Mongolian Death Worn could be a neat Titan and I’ve always maintained it’d be dope if Kong fought Gorosaurus in the Hollow Earth
If we do get that inevitable Kong Hollow Earth movie, I can see them introducing titans that never left the hollow earth

Speaking of the hollow earth, and on topic about that war between Godzilla and Kong's species, was Godzilla just sleeping during that whole conflict or did he participate?

Kongs became smart and really humane and started hunting everywhere and even enslaving monsters... And so Godzilla chose violence and went full genocide run on them, or so i heard.

@Arceus0x you're reffering to the novel right? Because reading it myself, Jia explained that in Iwi mythology their name for Godzilla's species essentially fought a battle against Kong's species which forced the later into the Hollow Earth after getting eventually overwhelmed

Back