• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General Godzilla Discussion

That reasoning tho

Omnipotent god gave him all his power because he was his favorite

We have the Big G thanks to Kong (and Rhedosaurus [and maybe the Arctic Giant]) after all and the mighty ape has helped the nuclear lizard win back some of the money in the MonsterVerse so it made sense to me :p

I've been working on several profiles for various Kongs from comics, movies and TV shows, in case anyone's interested (though not just for Kong, but also for other monsters, from the Godzilla series and beyond). I've also made some calcs for some of these incarnations. I don't think any of them will get to the level of the Showa, TAS or MonsterVerse Kongs but they'll all be strong in their own ways. Some Kongs can lift better, others are faster, others are more intelligent, others more agile, etc.

We have the Big G thanks to Kong (and Rhedosaurus [and maybe the Arctic Giant]) after all and the mighty ape has helped the nuclear lizard win back some of the money in the MonsterVerse so it made sense to me :p

I've been working on several profiles for various Kongs from comics, movies and TV shows, in case anyone's interested (though not just for Kong, but also for other monsters, from the Godzilla series and beyond). I've also made some calcs for some of these incarnations. I don't think any of them will get to the level of the Showa, TAS or MonsterVerse Kongs but they'll all be strong in their own ways. Some Kongs can lift better, others are faster, others are more intelligent, others more agile, etc.
By the way, if it’s 874 tonnes then it wouldn’t be class M it would be class K. Still very high nonetheless.

Something that big charging at great speed would also yield (probably) Class M forces though that'd require me figuring out acceleration and I usually don't bother to do that xD

Considering most Kongs are like small building that's really good for their tier.

Yeah the character varies quite a bit. The weakest one I've found is the one from the musical, being the smallest he's only Wall level

I haven't calced it but the one from the Mighty Kong might be one of the strongest by virtue of shaking Skull Island, and the Gold Key comic one does the same thing (although his island is bigger)

Well since we're talking about Kong, am I the only one who rooted for Godzilla but still cheered on Kong during Godzilla vs Kong? Dude really felt like a badass underdog but one which you can feel sympathy for

It's easier to root for Kong when he's mainly created to inspire awe and sympathy, whereas Godzilla was made to be an antagonistic force and symbol of nuclear weapon turned Sentai/Captain Planet-esque hero (then went back and forth between the two throughout movies).

You root for Kong because you can see and feel his emotions, and there's plenty that makes him somewhat relatable... for a giant ape, that is. Being an ape and thus an animal close to us humans gives him more of a bond, not only because he can make expressions that seem humanlike (chimps, gorillas and orangutans have this air as well) but because apes have a certain degree of vulnerability and nobility (the Planet of the Apes author thought this exact same thing when he was inspired to write the novel) to their appearance. They are thick and bulky but still have skin like ours, easy to pierce by predators such as leopards or tigers. They are strong but will only attack when threatened, and gorillas and orangutans in particular are extremely peaceful. And of course, they are extremely intelligent, being great apes (as we are). This only makes Kong even more endearing, because he's no regular animal, he's downright mythical, as was always the intent behind the character.

Godzilla on the other hand inspires and brings out that childlike wonder in us. He is a giant T-Rex-like dinosaur that spits a blue energy beam from his mouth, and to our inner kids, that is nothing short of awesome. It's easy to see why many grew up loving him watching his tapes and whatnot. While not entirely original, this has all helped the King of the Monsters remain distinct and the second biggest inspiration for giant monsters after the Eighth Wonder himself. He may not be as sympathetic but he's a cool creature with a message behind him (again, not entirely original to him but it's very strongly conveyed through him, especially in the 1954 film), thus the support he gets is understandable.

@Dark-Carioca that was well said my friend though tbf to the big G continuities like the Heisei Godzilla movies, or pretty much any movie after 1954, have given Godzilla a personality which does embody his message of being the result of the arrogance of man but also a sympathetic creature in his own right

Anyways the reason i rooted for godzilla is because of his reasons and i also compared casuality percentage.

The reasoning is simple:
-humans try to explore the inside of the earth because they need energy to beat godzilla who's attacking
-godzilla is destroying apex facilities because parts of MG are there and he senses them and knows they're of ghidorah and so he fights of military because he thinks they are helping ghidorah.

Kong is forced to do this while Godzilla has to do this as otherwise everything is in danger.

Also the humans are dumb. Kong, by percentage, is more dangerous than godzilla.

Kong killed about 30 helicopters worth of humans so like around 100 people. On that island, including the tribe and the helicopters with people, there were probably around 200-300 people.

Godzilla in his fights and emerging from the ocean killed hundreds to thousands, yet he saved hundreds of thousands, millions and even more.

His fight with ghidorah killed possibly dozens of people... Saving 7.7+ billion in the process.

Godzilla has demonstrated a far more trustworthy attitude.

Also his evil behavior of laughing at kong getting hit with his beam... Imagine a dude you told to stay down due to a classic instinctual necessary fight suddenly pulls up with an axe made from a marrow of your worst enemy and your grandpa's spinal cors fragment. I'd be sure as heck angry.

@Arceus0x you can also make an argument that Godzilla was trying to cause as little destruction as possible since he had the titans go into a deep slumber to prevent them from causing damage to the world and humans.
Now of course you can also argue he did it more so to maintain balance, but we did see in Dominion he did actively prevent titans from attacking human settlements so I think to a small degree he does care about humanity

Kong is forced to do this while Godzilla has to do this as otherwise everything is in danger.

Godzilla does it to protect the planet, he couldn't care less about the humans. Kong actively helps the humans and other Titans like the Sker Buffalo since he shows the same kind of altruism some apes do. Godzilla is more of a very dominant animal, and doesn't care that much about the other Titans either, who are more like subjects to him. In the movie they had no idea Godzilla was "helping" and either way he was killing hundreds (minimum) of humans with each rampage.

Kong, by percentage, is more dangerous than godzilla.

Godzilla can blow a hole from the Earth's surface to its very core, he could easily level most of a country if he went full power with his atomic breath most of the time lol

Kong doesn't have that range or that firepower, and doesn't have anything against humans since he has lived with them, whereas Godzilla has been attacked many times by them and the few times he gets some degree of expression, he's pissed at them.

Kong killed about 30 helicopters worth of humans so like around 100 people.

There were about 12 (maybe slightly more) helicopters, most of them were not full and most of the people in there survived the crashes. Also, what is that math? xD

Apache helicopters can only carry four people, and even if all the helicopters were full there wouldn't be that many people lol

That's like saying since Godzilla destroyed about five buildings that's worth tens of thousands of people...

Godzilla in his fights and emerging from the ocean killed hundreds to thousands, yet he saved hundreds of thousands, millions and even more.

And Kong saved humanity from the Skullcrawlers which showed far more cunning than most other Titans and would've proven extremely difficult to contain if allowed to grow and spread more past Skull Island. Even on the island alone, Kong protected life on it (the Iwi tribe wasn't the only life in it, all the animals there also count) for decades if not hundreds of thousands to millions of years (if we go by the dates the comic gave us).

Godzilla has demonstrated a far more trustworthy attitude.

Kong has only killed humans who have attacked him and endangered the safety of the world. Godzilla has literally drowned a good portion of a city and its population just because he was coming out of the ocean. Godzilla is NOT more trustworthy lol

Showa Godzilla may have been more of a hero but MV Godzilla was a bit of a prick, especially with...

Also his evil behavior of laughing at kong getting hit with his beam... Imagine a dude you told to stay down due to a classic instinctual necessary fight suddenly pulls up with an axe made from a marrow of your worst enemy and your grandpa's spinal cors fragment. I'd be sure as heck angry.

As we see at the end of the movie, it's not really necessary since Godzilla leaves him be, I think even the lizard understands the battle for dominance is a little silly. I think the fact that their species were rivals has more to do with anything than the two being alphas.

Also, Godzilla destroyed the home of Kong's ancestors, the only (known) remnant of his people. Did he laugh at any point after striking down Godzilla? He did not. Godzilla took joy in making Kong suffer when that beam cremated a chunk of his back, whereas Kong was actually pissed. Godzilla was far more of a prick than Kong was, all throughout the MonsterVerse.

On a similar note, I find it very silly that some people wanted the Big G to win just because Kong "won" their last versus movie. If we separate it by rounds, between the two movies, Godzilla won the first two rounds in the '62 film and lost the third. He wins just as many in GvK, even if certain circumstances gave him an easy victory (the ship battle was waaay in Godzilla's favour). So at the end of the day Godzilla has beaten Kong more than the other way around, unless they only care about the final round as if it were some sort of fighting video game lol

Though that reminds me, does Kong hold the most victories over Godzilla than any other monster? The other ones that might be able to compete with that I think are Ghidorah, Mechagodzilla and Mothra

Now of course you can also argue he did it more so to maintain balance, but we did see in Dominion he did actively prevent titans from attacking human settlements so I think to a small degree he does care about humanity

I wager that's moreso because Godzilla is aware of nuclear bombs and he doesn't want to start a war that could ruin the planet

Godzilla does it to protect the planet, he couldn't care less about the humans. Kong actively helps the humans and other Titans like the Sker Buffalo since he shows the same kind of altruism some apes do. Godzilla is more of a very dominant animal, and doesn't care that much about the other Titans either, who are more like subjects to him. In the movie they had no idea Godzilla was "helping" and either way he was killing hundreds (minimum) of humans with each rampage.

Godzilla can blow a hole from the Earth's surface to its very core, he could easily level most of a country if he went full power with his atomic breath most of the time lol

Kong doesn't have that range or that firepower, and doesn't have anything against humans since he has lived with them, whereas Godzilla has been attacked many times by them and the few times he gets some degree of expression, he's pissed at them.

There were about 12 (maybe slightly more) helicopters, most of them were not full and most of the people in there survived the crashes. Also, what is that math? xD

Apache helicopters can only carry four people, and even if all the helicopters were full there wouldn't be that many people lol

That's like saying since Godzilla destroyed about five buildings that's worth tens of thousands of people...

And Kong saved humanity from the Skullcrawlers which showed far more cunning than most other Titans and would've proven extremely difficult to contain if allowed to grow and spread more past Skull Island. Even on the island alone, Kong protected life on it (the Iwi tribe wasn't the only life in it, all the animals there also count) for decades if not hundreds of thousands to millions of years (if we go by the dates the comic gave us).

Kong has only killed humans who have attacked him and endangered the safety of the world. Godzilla has literally drowned a good portion of a city and its population just because he was coming out of the ocean. Godzilla is NOT more trustworthy lol

Showa Godzilla may have been more of a hero but MV Godzilla was a bit of a prick, especially with...

As we see at the end of the movie, it's not really necessary since Godzilla leaves him be, I think even the lizard understands the battle for dominance is a little silly. I think the fact that their species were rivals has more to do with anything than the two being alphas.

Also, Godzilla destroyed the home of Kong's ancestors, the only (known) remnant of his people. Did he laugh at any point after striking down Godzilla? He did not. Godzilla took joy in making Kong suffer when that beam cremated a chunk of his back, whereas Kong was actually pissed. Godzilla was far more of a prick than Kong was, all throughout the MonsterVerse.

On a similar note, I find it very silly that some people wanted the Big G to win just because Kong "won" their last versus movie. If we separate it by rounds, between the two movies, Godzilla won the first two rounds in the '62 film and lost the third. He wins just as many in GvK, even if certain circumstances gave him an easy victory (the ship battle was waaay in Godzilla's favour). So at the end of the day Godzilla has beaten Kong more than the other way around, unless they only care about the final round as if it were some sort of fighting video game lol

Though that reminds me, does Kong hold the most victories over Godzilla than any other monster? The other ones that might be able to compete with that I think are Ghidorah, Mechagodzilla and Mothra

I wager that's moreso because Godzilla is aware of nuclear bombs and he doesn't want to start a war that could ruin the planet
Godzilla wasn’t even trying to destroy Kong’s home though.

I've always described MonsterVerse Godzilla as being more of an apathetic anti hero, like yes he isn't particularly THAT interested in humans but he isn't completely hostile to them unless they do something to piss him off and a lot of the death he causes comes more from accidental collateral damage.
Best way to describe it is like how we view flies, we don't care about them but we don't try to harm them unless they provoke a response

I mean that's generally the case as far as relationships between giant monsters and humans go. Or humans and ants, about the same thing really.

Though yes, Kong has definitely been treated more as an altruistic kind of monster then Godzilla and it helps create an interesting dynamic between the two

Back