• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
In the profiles of Darling in the franxx we have heights written down, even for the pilots.
Idk why but we do.
Is this something we need to have or is it unnecessary?
Because if it's unnecessary then let's remove it, if it's not then let's begin slowly adding the heights of different monsters such as Godzilla, series such as Ultraman and more. Pretty certain that there are more people interested in the height of the tallest godzilla or tallest 3D monster rather then tue height of a few robots.

It isn't needed, but it's not like it's "unnecessary", we're an indexing wiki, if there's info in regards to some characters that can be listed, I don't know why it wouldnt. That's basically what small and large size is already just vaguer but more notable.

The Godzilla characters should have heights listed anyway in their large size power, with their exact height being listed next to the type.

Height and Weight aren't things included in the standard profile format; though a long time ago someone did have plans to add height, weight, and affiliation as optional statistics. Though, height and weight do make calculations more easily accessible it should be noted.

I feel this would be good just for the sheer fact matches like Kirby fights can account for them being canonically only a few inches tall, which barely seems to come up
Ya know, when I said the above, I had Kirby and Hollow Knight in mind in particular.

So you think we should note the height of characters who specifically need it? Like giants and small opponents?

So you think we should note the height of characters who specifically need it? Like giants and small opponents?
I’d be fine with it, specially since so many matches on the site are “speed equalized”, height and your actually range becomes far more important to the Match (though I suppose this also might be a nitpick in the range stat on the wiki)

like in real life, how long your arms are alone is a huge advantage in Boxing

There's also Pikmin, where most characters are just under one inch tall.

If we go with this some regulations over height found based on calculations should be done TBH, as naturally they can vary, plus more often than not we kinda default to an average human height, so I would rather keep this extra detail for cases where it's explicitly stated, rather than extrapolated with calcs or the like, or otherwise list some approximate value, rather than claim that it's the exact one.

Hmm

So you think we should move the height to the large size part or move it to one of the categories like names and classification (like the one in darling in the franxx characters)

I think both are valid options, if we want to make it stand out more on profiles and be harder to miss, I think that making it an optional stat is the better option, like what we have with many vehicle profiles.

Back