• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TyranoDoom30

He/Him
This is simple enough.

King Ghidorah 2 is stated by the Garoga Leader to be the best thing in their arsenal to cause destruction, when they have Low 4-C arsenal

Plus there are also these scans supporting Planetary destruction (credits to Apex for the scans):
As such, Godzilla (and monsters who scale to Ghidorah) will be updated to Low 4-C for Ghidorah being > Garoga Nuke

Last edited:
I feel like earth-shattering is a classic literary word combination so it is too dumb to use.

However there are indeed many statements for ghidorah being a planet destroyer.
My problem is that "he attempted to destroy earth" in the movie and mothra, goji and rodan stopped him. All he did on earth was walk and shoot cities down so it could also be just civilization wiping.

However here's the deal. We already have a venus shaking statement which is a rather decent feat and we have Gigan using the energy of the sun so already we have feats that surpass casual civilization wiping.

I think that they shouldn't be flat out low 4-C but rather
At least high 6-A, likely/possibly low 4-C

But one last question cause i never got into that part of showa (pirate sites didn't have much to offer)

Was the quote about him being the strongest weapon before or after the garoga nuke explosion?

I feel like earth-shattering is a classic literary word combination so it is too dumb to use.

My problem is that "he attempted to destroy earth" in the movie and mothra, goji and rodan stopped him. All he did on earth was walk and shoot cities down so it could also be just civilization wiping.

However here's the deal. We already have a venus shaking statement which is a rather decent feat and we have Gigan using the energy of the sun so already we have feats that surpass casual civilization wiping.

I think that they shouldn't be flat out low 4-C but rather
At least high 6-A, likely/possibly low 4-C
The guide is pretty clear earth-shattering is tier 5.

This is earth with an "e" not with an "E". Basically it is used as a synonym for ground.
Considering the fact that most stated planet feats are most likely only civilization wipers i will only agree to high 6-A possibly low 4-C

This is earth with an "e" not with an "E". Basically it is used as a synonym for ground.
Considering the fact that most stated planet feats are most likely only civilization wipers i will only agree to high 6-A possibly low 4-C
There are tier 5 statements in a lot of guides for Showa, soo yeah it is at least tier 5.

Hmm... Well i didn't fully trust that before but it seems that the document has good info.
I agree on the above

It is in fact civilization wiping, we flat out see how he destroyed Venus in the film and it was done via wiping out the surface over time with his attacks

No, they aren't, there is literally zero reasoning to try to argue that the statements are hyperbole. Specially after SGKK's doc.

There is every reason to argue that hyperbole is hyperbole. This is on th level of trying to upgrade Naruto from the guidebook statement that Temari's fan can 'blow the universe away'

We already see how Ghidorah 'destroys worlds', arguing that a hyperbolic statement like this should somehow upgrade him to tier 5 or 4 is just being dishonest

False equivalency, the Naruto one is supported by a single guidebook statement while there are countless planet level statements in the Showa era. We also never see Venus again the era, so he could have blowed it, but even if not, that doesn't not excludes every other statement (including the Garoga Baron one).

You would ned to show proof that he did in fact blow it up in its entirety if you really want to try to argu that. Basing your argument off of something that we never see happen but could have happened off-screen despite never being mentioned is not a good argument

The fact that some guidebooks support that he blows it up, and we never saw Venus again. Your argument is kinda the same but assuming he surface wiped. And that ends up being irrelevant compared to the other points made.

No guidebook supports the idea that Ghidorah blew up the planet. 'Destroy the world' =/= 'The planet was blown up'

They do support, look at the op, and look at SGKK's doc. Statements like "destroying Earth itself" when they're consistently made in guidebooks do work. The wiki scales Vegeta to 5-B based on an single statement of turning the Earth into ashes, there is no reason why Showa era monsters shouldn't scale when there are tons of statements like this.

Hell with this kind of argument you could just as easily say he's Universe level with the reasoning of 'he might have destroyed a universe, we dont know but its a possibility'

They do support, look at the op, and look at SGKK's doc. Statements like "destroying Earth itself" when they're consistently made in guidebooks do work. The wiki scales
They do not support. All of the statements in the OP are hyperbolic and being extrapolated based on things we do not see on screen when what we DO see on-screen hard contradicts the idea that they outright destroy planets.
Vegeta to 5-B based on an single statement of turning the Earth into ashes, there is no reason why Showa era monsters shouldn't scale when there are tons of statements like this.
Because Vegeta has actual on-screen feats of destroying planets. Ghidorah does not.

They do support, you're literally saying that the statements are hyperbole because yes, as I expected. There are no hyperboles in this case, and no extrapolations, again, tons of statements supporting planet level + the Garogas stating that Ghidorah is the most devastating weapon in their arsenal, thus above a small star level nuke. And IIRC, the Vegeta's planet busting feat is on the anime, and also a filler, therefore it doesn't applies to the manga incarnation, another false equivalency.

They do not support. All of the statements in the OP are hyperbolic and being extrapolated based on things we do not see on screen when what we DO see on-screen hard contradicts the idea that they outright destroy planets.

Because Vegeta has actual on-screen feats of destroying planets. Ghidorah does not.
You're talking about the anime filler scenes with Vegeta destroying Arlia, right?

That is no-canon.

You would ned to show proof that he did in fact blow it up in its entirety if you really want to try to argu that. Basing your argument off of something that we never see happen but could have happened off-screen despite never being mentioned is not a good argument
Cell and pretty much any Buu saga character had never destroyed a Solar System, they are ranked that high due to Cell saying he is gonna evaporate the SS which is confirmed by guides.

Well here we have Garogas saying Ghidorah is their best weapon, and the guides support planet destroying power.

There is every reason to argue that hyperbole is hyperbole. This is on th level of trying to upgrade Naruto from the guidebook statement that Temari's fan can 'blow the universe away'

We already see how Ghidorah 'destroys worlds', arguing that a hyperbolic statement like this should somehow upgrade him to tier 5 or 4 is just being dishonest
We've seen how Ghidorah lifewipes planets when he's having fun, but we also know that the vast majority of the statements differentiate his planet destruction from the destruction of a civilization. That and the fact he is directly stated to be the most destructive force a race with small star tier weaponry has and said race turns into monsters with said monsters being stated capable of destroying Earth. Not earth as in ground, the planet, and they would know what that means since they've literally done it on screen.
Furthermore, using other guidebooks, Showa monsters are able to fight Heisei monsters (Showa MG is comparable to Heisei Ghidorah, Megalon fought larva Battra, Showa Rodan can damage Heisei Mothra, etc) but are generally inferior. But Heisei monsters are above baseline planetary anyway.

Also that's complete BS. One is a mistranslation and one time statement while the planetary lore has DOZENS of statements throughout the films and extra material. 'Hyperbole' doesn't dismiss ALL of this.

Let's even pretend hyperbole is valid for the 'earth destroying' statements....explain to me how clone/second gen Ghidorah is more destructive, verbatim, than the other weapons of the Garoga including nukes that blew up a gas giant and why Ghidorah is stated to be invincible in space despite there being races that have these type of weapons. And furthermore why is there consistent Heisei>=<Showa scaling when the Heisei era's planetary scaling is very direct and blatantly stated without question and accepted by the wiki?

I do agree. The document has statements that are more reasonable and it does seem to indicate that ghidorah is a planet destroyer.
Even if that affects the 5-B rating it still doesn't counteract the low 4-C.

Now let's compare what weekly said vs what we said

Your example:
-a weird statement from a guidebook

Our example:
-a shiz ton of debatable planet level statements everywhere both in movies and guidebooks
-the leader of an extremely powerful alien planet saying that ghidorah is the strongest weapon they have despite nuking a gas giant literally a bit of time prior to that.

Even if we don't get 5-B, low 4-C is still a thing and rather plot relevant.

Now about low 4-C. It is impossible to say that this is hyperbole.
First it clearly isn't literary hyperbole as he isn't saying something unreasonable, the leader says that it's the strongest weapon they have which isn't some random statemenr along the lines of "he's the strongest being in the universe" Or something, no, he's saying what he knows as that is his arsenal and he used it countless times.

Now. Let's get to the main question.

Why in the name of Godzilla would a leader of an interplanetary empire who has used his arsenal countless times to evicerate planets and who has been able to conquer about as much say that ghidorah is the strongest weapon they have despite having a gas giant busting nuke?

If we assume that ghidorah isn't planetary or anything in that ballpark then that would mean that this would be the equivalent of Darth Sidious saying that a tie fighter is the strongest weapon in the empire

At this point this is pretty much downplay.

We have:
-semi supporting planetary statement
-a visual low 4-C feat
-a statement that scales ghidorah above said low 4-C feat said by a trustable individual
-said individual used ghidorah instead of the nuke, chosing one over the other, saying that triple G over there is stronger

If that's not worth an upgrade to at least possibly low 4-C then i don't know what is.

We had feats accepted for WAY less than this in other verses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back