• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General DC Comics Discussion Thread

It does. It'd be illogical to think differently, given the tier he's being alleged to have.

Your logic is, since Superman has some kind of infinite strength/power (according to the proposed Tier), he can't be weakened to a state where this infinity becomes finite, right? Just to make sure we're on the same page.

he can't be weakened to a state where this infinity becomes finite, right?
I genuinely have no idea where you got that impression, because none of my comments up to this point ever used the word infinite or finite.

Then what you are saying is even more wrong than I initally thought. Hopefully this won't make a difference on the thread.
We have a Tier 2 that can hold back to the point that they don't kill 10-Bs, this is basically the same thing
Doesn't Dragon Ball Super has something like this too?

Sure, like I said, it'd be inappropriate to use it as an anti-feat for star level or something comparable, but being weakened alone doesn't justify it in this circumstance.

I can see you won't be convinced so I won't go around in circles explaining it any more, but that's just the most reasonable approach.

So scrolling through general discussion threads led me here somehow

Characters can be weakened to any degree the author wants so me personally, I don't see any "anti-feats" involving a weakened version of a character to actually be anti-feats. *********** Tier 2 Goku got grazed by a bullet to show he's "getting rusty" (even though he's still easily in the 2-C range) so clearly the writers can just do whatever the hell they want.

That's just my two cents

Eh. You can say that of course, but these are the facts. Some vague notion of "weakened" doesn't mean an event is incapable of telling us anything about a characters power. Pretending that just to achieve a higher rating than is justified is simply an inaccurate way to rate a character.

Eh. You can say that of course, but these are the facts. Some vague notion of "weakened" doesn't mean an event is incapable of telling us anything about a characters power. Pretending that just to achieve a higher rating than is justified is simply an inaccurate way to rate a character.
Uh, no. It really isn't. The facts are that [insert anti-feat here] is done by a weakened version of a character, and said character can be as weakened as the narrative needs them to be.

Saying we're "pretending" and that our viewpoint is "simply inaccurate" as if yours is objectively correct ain't the best look

Dude. In one of those supposed anti-feats, DOOMSDAY kicked his ass. Twice. Not even counting the other events in that comic, but Doomsday going to town on him is more than enough to weaken him to such a degree, given that he, you know, damn near killed him in their first, and pretty much every, encounter.

Doomsday going to town on him is more than enough to weaken him to such a degree, given that he, you know, damn near killed him in their first, and pretty much every, encounter.
I absolutely agree with that. Just not for the same reason as you.

nope-filthy-frank.gif

Back