• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General DC Comics Discussion Thread

1. Post-Crisis Superman surviving a sun-eater's implosion, which sent him back in time, should be moved to the "Pre-Death" section on his profile due to the feat being performed in a comic published in 1991.

2. "John Stewert tanks a supernova" calc listed on the DC Comics Verse page should use the lower end (5-A).

1. Post-Crisis Superman surviving a sun-eater's implosion, which sent him back in time, should be moved to the "Pre-Death" section on his profile due to the feat being performed in a comic published in 1991.
I don't think that feat is on his page. The one that's on his page right now is the one from Action Comics #847, from 2007. I think the 90s feat was rejected for some reason, though I don't exactly recall why.

It was calced at High 5-A, which you can see at the bottom of the calc.
I know that but it was agreed upon in this thread to use the lower-end calc to justify Superman's first key (Varies, usually 7-B to 6-C, 5-A at peak). I'm just proposing that we post the lower-end calc on the DC verse page in the Post-Crisis AP and Durability calculation section.
Out of curiosity how do you know about the calc? No mention of it was done above
I don't I just assume that the calc is still considered acceptable because it's on the verse page calculation section.
I don't think that feat is on his page. The one that's on his page right now is the one from Action Comics #847, from 2007. I think the 90s feat was rejected for some reason, though I don't exactly recall why.
The 1991 sun eater feat is still on the post-absorption section in the Feats tab, where you click to Expand or Collapse the tab.

Ohhh that explains why I didn't find it with ctrl+F. In that case then yeah it should be moved to Pre-Death, unless there was a big problem with it. I should probably go check why it rejected before.

Edit: Okay this is why the feat was rejected, I'll read the comic later to see the full context and stuff.

Last edited:
I know that but it was agreed upon in this thread to use the lower-end calc to justify Superman's first key (Varies, usually 7-B to 6-C, 5-A at peak). I'm just proposing that we post the lower-end calc on the DC verse page in the Post-Crisis AP and Durability calculation section.
The 5-A isn’t a low-end, it’s literally an inaccurate calc that resulted from Amelia forgetting to take something into account, which the calc says.
Edit: One thing I forgot to take into account was that Xanshi is a smol planet. I used Mercury as my bass last time.
It’s High 5-A. The 5-A end is unusable.

The 5-A isn’t a low-end, it’s literally an inaccurate calc that resulted from Amelia forgetting to take something into account, which the calc says.

It’s High 5-A. The 5-A end is unusable.
Then where did 5-A Superman even come from? Shouldn't Supes be High 5-A as well since he scales above John Stewert? Why did we ignore the High 5-A calc in the Superman New Key Proposal thread?

So what do you think that we should do here, LordTracer?

Well, the 5-A for the Green Lanterns should be replaced with High 5-A because of John Stewart’s calc, as well as Traitor’s High 5-A calc that Kyle Rayner scales to.

Subsequently, Pre-Death Superman’s 5-A rating should be replaced with High 5-A as well. Tbh I still think it should be 4-B because of Doomsday scaling to the Justice League, but whatever

Well, the 5-A for the Green Lanterns should be replaced with High 5-A because of John Stewart’s calc, as well as Traitor’s High 5-A calc that Kyle Rayner scales to.

Subsequently, Pre-Death Superman’s 5-A rating should be replaced with High 5-A as well. Tbh I still think it should be 4-B because of Doomsday scaling to the Justice League, but whatever
Okay. That seems fine to me at least.

@Firestorm808

What do you think?

You know Kyle Rayner and Wally West both have 5-A calcs, right?

As for why the High 5-A calc was ignored in that thread, that’s a good question.
My bad, I meant to say where did 5-A Superman (Pre Death of S) come from. As in were there any 5-A feats performed prior to Death of S, besides John Stewert tanking a supernova? I was under the impression that yall were referring to the 5-A estimate of the supernova feat in order to properly rank Pre Death of S Superman (his first key).

I agree with this although shouldn't all Post Crisis DC heralds, who have 5-A rankings on their profiles, be updated to High 5-A as well?
Regarding Tier 5 revisions, I recommend making a separate thread with all relevant feats compiled to determine the new scaling chains.
Is it okay for me to post a thread regarding that topic or should I leave that up to you?

To clarify, the High 5-A calc up for discussion is the Xanshi feat?

What source is the Traitor feat?

If so, I have concerns with the methodology of the calc.

See here:

Versus Threads that involve more than two characters (i.e. a 2v1) will only be added to profiles under specific circumstances, which are:
  • If a character canonically needs another character to fight at their full potential (i.e. Naofumi Iwatani and Raphtalia)
  • If one character is useless on their own (i.e. Gentle Criminal and La Brava)
  • If two characters are canonically known for fighting alongside one another frequently and supplement each other's skills in combat (i.e. Twinrova, Ice Climbers, and Batman and Robin)
  • Or utilize summons or familiars as their primary combat method (i.e. Pokémon Trainers and Digimon Tamers).
  • In addition, matches added this way must be limited to two participants per "team" to keep debates orderly and organized, with the exception being characters who primarily battle with summons or familiars. This rule mainly exists because it would create misleading results with weaker participants benefitting from stronger partners, and because it would be too messy to properly structure the win and loss sections with too many characters in each matchup result.
  • Although matches with three characters or more on one side are generally not allowed due to the reasons mentioned above, an exception is done for groups that are indexed as teams or civilizations, given their inherent notability, and mainly in order to not bloat the character profile page matchup sections with the number of participants.

That's why I asked, since I don't know if these versions of Superman and Wonder Woman would qualify for any of those points

Back