• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General DC Comics Discussion Thread

My point was where is the line being drawn with the three?
They are being separated because they have no overlap, and operate within three completely different frameworks for how the cosmology works.

What? A continuity does mean it’s works with something. Obviously, Morrison and Carey can’t work. However, Morrison works seems to heavily focus on what he believe and think and that point would be made useless when Snyder starts introducing things that would have never been during Morrison time. Where’s the line being drawn here? A continuation shouldn’t be the basis, if not at all.
The very definition of "continuity" is continuation, saying that continuation shouldn't be the basis for continuity doesn't make sense.

I won’t discredit the hard work put into the split but it’s flawed and not any better.
Well we certainly disagree. Everything has its flaws, but the split is a huge improvement and is based on very sensible distinctions between the cosmologies. Most of the sour grapes are about how it affects scaling, I don't believe the criticisms of its foundation carry much weight.

This page has no references, most of the statistics are guesswork and it breaks our rules for Varies tiers. Does anyone have any complaints about me sending it to the page deletion thread?

This page has no references, most of the statistics are guesswork and it breaks our rules for Varies tiers. Does anyone have any complaints about me sending it to the page deletion thread?
the imgur link have the source origin in the title so I think refrence can be fixed, Just saying tho. I dont mind it being deleted

I'd say deleting it is fine.

thanks for posting this here

i gotta ask
by varies on superboy's page
its meaning pre and post kryptonian powers right ?
meaning pre kryptonain powers he was planet level when not at his peak and after kryptonian powers hes galaxy level when not at peak ?

i guess waiting to update kon's page might be smart since hes getting what presumably will be a good feat in the next house of brainiac issue

On giving Superboy some spotlight

“I wanted to make sure everyone had their own little moment.

There’s a scene with Superboy that is pretty big and it’s teased a little bit in the second issue. Superboy had that encounter The Chained, and ever since then, he’s been like, ‘That person had my powers and was using them in a way that I don’t use them. Maybe I should look into that.’ And that is something that we explore over the course of this in a way. So you’ll see it’s pretty cool. It’s a two-page spread coming with Superboy. That’s pretty dope.”

conner will be getting something cool and hopefully its something new for him that adds to his page
i suspect it will just be destroying robots though and it'll probably not be as hype as Joshua Williamson is trying to hype it up to be

How do ability upgrades work for DC, I'm asking due to Doomsday who in LAZARUS PLANET: WE ONCE WERE GODS, Doomsday is stated to regenerate from something as small as a nucleotide to even a memory, and another statement that Doomsday can come back from just genetic scraps (though I don't know where this statement is from exactly)
Make a thread on the content revision forum

jay garricks new comic is over
its a shame
jeremy adams is great
AP1GczODKKThEtdGzSrHTXZl1AxOIT7IVQWwH98A7UaRTjoDIbvajMQrRqywI8qE61IfLgCutZ54ERjX-1EogAwRC6x5ss5686eDeuPePzkBTHfVOJClvDI=s0
AP1GczN034Ce62Ql-V6UnZHXnAfjXaTnka361pIgXsutyxEpNmym7PBPtzaxA2RSiUnIPMGcZJMgT7TOqOWB78jFjls0KLBngzaAg-YxzclLDV8DyFzZf0A=s0
jay garrick did something pretty cool

superman related (literally) but conners new feat since teased in the latest Hob issue
will likely be in the upcoming action comics issue
hes gonna do more with his tactile telekinesis (i dont know how it will be more impressive compared to his emp ttk that he recently debuted or his use of his telekinetic abilities in man of tomorrow) im hyped regardless for whatever is in store for superboy power wise

"I wonder which of their carbonforms is truly the mightiest."

It seems like Mark Waid is wasting his time being angry at the powerscaling community for engaging in a harmless hobby again, and is doing what he usually does, i.e. invent an extremely exaggerated, distorted, demonised, and dehumanised malevolent straw man caricature, while imagining or proclaiming himself as the most moral person who ever lived, and projecting all forms of toxic entitlement on the audience, while largely ignoring that of many writers, who tend to have enormously more of a negative cultural impact.

I have rather enjoyed some of Waid's stories, and we do share an appreciation for Superman at his best, and positive forms of heroic ideals, but I do find some of Waid's blindsidedly self-righteous, dishonest, and meanspirited personality traits annoying.

That said, fan behaviour genuinely can get very toxic and intolerant, and I definitely dislike amoral power-madness, if that is all that Waid is aiming for. Our staff has at least tried our best to keep this community as well-behaved and considerate as possible though.

The profile is practically done. As this is the first one i ever did, I would like some opinions if possible.
The profile mostly looks good, but do keep in mind that Rebirth Red Hood = Post-Flashpoint + Post Crisis. That’s something you may want to clarify in the page, as that gives Jason a significant boost to his skills and equipment. Also, I seem to remember Jason having a pair of electric gliding wings built into the forearms of his armor which give him a form of limited flight.

The profile mostly looks good, but do keep in mind that Rebirth Red Hood = Post-Flashpoint + Post Crisis. That’s something you may want to clarify in the page, as that gives Jason a significant boost to his skills and equipment. Also, I seem to remember Jason having a pair of electric gliding wings built into the forearms of his armor which give him a form of limited flight.
I remember there being something like that, but to be honest I pretty much only read Jason's runs, but I'll keep it in mind, Thanks u!
Also, The electric gliding wings are already in the profile, they are in equipment.

I remember there being something like that, but to be honest I pretty much only read Jason's runs, but I'll keep it in mind, Thanks u!
Also, The electric gliding wings are already in the profile, they are in equipment.
There’s also the fact that since Jason was exposed to the Lazarus Pits, he should have regeneration equivalent to Batman (Dionesium is one of the miracle metals present in the Lazarus Pits).

Back