• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General 4-A characters upgrade

Yes. I am not saying that we should overhaul our standards. Creating a starry sky is still 4-A. I am just saying that I am very uncertain if we should apply the exact calculated value for a destruction feat to a creation feat.

I mean if we calculate the creation of it litteraly it'd probably end up like 3-C to 3-B depending on the method so idk this way is probably a bigger low ball anyway.

That sounds very double standardish tbh, creating a pocket reality much larger than the observable universe would be treated as being multitudes above baseline all the same. Plus, there's no other way around it given creation is still typically treated as comparable if not superior to destruction feats. It's best to just keep treating those kind of feats equally, especially if the same characters who create the realms also do actually destroy them on top of that.

Well, I am still uncertain, but alright then. I suppose that Elzhaa's calculation can be applied.

If it's not too much trouble, what's the FOE count of the new calc?

Hmmm? I got low-end double digit ExaFOE.

The joule count was 1.6883E63 right?

Well, 1 FOE is 10^44 joules IIRC. From that I got 16.883 ExaFOE. Did I go wrong somewhere?

@Elizhaa & Steven

Thank you for helping out.

I'd like to posit a few ideas real quick since a lot of people seem to be getting upgraded on the pure and simple basis that they made stars.

In my experience, creating a backdrop of stars is regularly just Environmental Destruction. I think it should be made a policy to prove it scales to the physicals or abilities of a character. Having an artifact that creates a pocket dimension shouldn't make every attack 4-A. Furthermore, the idea of outliers is generally ignored in cases like this, it looks like?

Just throwing these observations out there, I'm not particularly knowledgeable on the verses being presented here specifically.

I am inclined to agree with Mr. Bambu's sentiments, but have been outvoted by other staff members when I have brought up this argument in other threads.

Much of those have already been addressed above and via other threads; this is a big list of verses that are already accepted as 4-A for many other reasons laid out across multiple threads.

Yes, there isn't much to do about the issue at this point.

Is somebody experienced willing to handle the updates?

@Strym

You are likely not experienced enough. My apologies.

Excuse me? All I have to do is just to cover the "star" part in the AP description with the link of the calc and nothing more, also I've already done a much more important upgrade that requires much more editing skills (the HA Dio one)

Well, I tend to prefer to leave revisions to members who know all of our editing conventions, so I do not have to spend a lot of time on cleanup work.

Thank you very much for helping out so much. I appreciate it.

Is there anything left to do here then?

Back