• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Garou resistance to mind hax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruh the willpower of Shigaraki > average supernatural willpower since he came back to life after biological death through his willpower.

Fubuki doesn't need Garou's level of willpower to have still supernatural willpower.

Imo I think Fubuki should have both mind hax resistance and supernatural willpower since Do-S blatantly states she resisted it due to her willpower. It's stated on the page for supernatural willpower that it enables you to resist mind control so why not?
Because not all mind hax can be resisted via willpower, actually, very few can.

So she'd only have resistance to mind hax that share the same weakness as Do-S's mind hax.

Why is it a weakness? its just resistance
Because nothing is being resisted, a weakness of Do-S's mind hax is being exploited, that being that it doesn't work on those with high willpowers etc

Would you say that Fubuki could also resist mind hax that doesn't care about willpower?

Would you say that Fubuki could also resist mind hax that doesn't care about willpower?
if the mind hax is stated that works even against great willpowers, then it wont work, but if nothing is stated, yes she can, since, she has feats of resisting mind hax

if the mind hax is stated that works even against great willpowers, then it wont work, but if nothing is stated, yes she can, since, she has feats of resisting mind hax
Exactly, so again, most mind hax doesn't care how high your willpower is

She isn't inherently resisting the ability, it's just that the ability itself doesn't work on those with strong willpowers, aka, a weakness of the ability is being exploited.

You can neg her mind hax specifically if you have a feat of strong willpower example if zoro didnt have mind resistance he can neg it via strong willpower

Her page doesn't even provide sources for her weaknesses though....
As I said, the scan is in the thread I linked earlier

And it doesn't really matter, that weakness is accepted on her profile, Garou has one of the strongest mental fortitudes in the verse, so he's clearly not resisting anything and instead the ability itself is the issue.

Just to add, I think the best way to go about this is to do what DontTalk said in that thread

List the resistance on their profiles, but note that it's only effective against mind hax that cares about willpower etc.

From supernatural willpower page
Characters with this ability may be able to resist enormous amounts of pain, act even when unconscious or well beyond what they should be able to endure, resist possession and mind control, affect their environment, or even go against natural phenomena, such as death or the limits imposed by reality.

You can neg her mind hax specifically if you have a feat of strong willpower example if zoro didnt have mind resistance he can neg it via strong willpower
She just says that she doesn't like people with strong willpower. How is that proof of resistance?

She just says that she doesn't like people with strong willpower. How is that proof of resistance?
"My special attack couldn't dominate her?"

"What a strong ego"

It doesn't take the highest reading age ever to see that Do-S is almost directly stating that a high ego/willpower/mental fortitude whatever you want to call it renders her ability ineffective, and again, it's already accepted on her profile so that's what we use until someone makes a CRT to change it.

"My special attack couldn't dominate her?"

"What a strong ego"

It doesn't take the highest reading age ever to see that Do-S is almost directly stating that a high ego/willpower/mental fortitude whatever you want to call it renders her ability ineffective, and again, it's already accepted on her profile so that's what we use until someone makes a CRT to change it.
Can't this be interpreted as her just acknowledging that her willpower enables her to resist mind control?
Supernatural willpower page states resisting mind control is eligible and from the way she responded to Fubuki I doubt it's as clear cut as her saying "oh no you found out my weakness" and therefore can be interpreted as simply Fubuki's willpower being that strong.

Can't this be interpreted as her just acknowledging that her willpower enables her to resist mind control?
Supernatural willpower page states resisting mind control is eligible and from the way she responded to Fubuki I doubt it's as clear cut as her saying "oh no you found out my weakness" and therefore can be interpreted as simply Fubuki's willpower being that strong.
Fubuki having some spontaneous resistance to mind control is far less likely than Do-S's mind hax just having a clear weakness, which again, is backed up by Garou resisting it and it's already accepted.

Also, as I said earlier, I think it's fine to list the resistance on their profiles, but it should be noted that they did so via willpower, and so mind hax that doesn't have such a weakness would still work.

Fubuki having some spontaneous resistance to mind control is far less likely than Do-S's mind hax just having a clear weakness, which again, is backed up by Garou resisting it and it's already accepted.
Mind control requires you to control someone's mind and as an esper your powers derive mainly from your mind so I wouldn't put it above Fubuki to have resistance against mental types of abilities.

Garou resisting it could easily be for the reasons I posted above for Fubuki since the official wiki page states willpower can grant resistance to mind control.

And just because something is accepted doesn't mean it isn't debatable, OPM characters literally went from high 6-A to low 5-B and is going back to high 6-A, despite it already being accepted on the profiles it doesn't mean it can't be debated on.

Mind control requires you to control someone's mind and as an esper your powers derive mainly from your mind so I wouldn't put it above Fubuki to have resistance against mental types of abilities.

Garou resisting it could easily be for the reasons I posted above for Fubuki since the official wiki page states willpower can grant resistance to mind control.

And just because something is accepted doesn't mean it isn't debatable, OPM characters literally went from high 6-A to low 5-B and is going back to high 6-A, despite it already being accepted on the profiles it doesn't mean it can't be debated on.
Yes willpower can grant resistance, but only resistance to mind hax that share that same weakness.

Take Aizen's Kyoka Suigetsu for example, it doesn't matter how high your willpower is, once you're under it, you're screwed.

We use the profiles here, and it's accepted to be a weakness to her power, until that changes, that's what we go with, this isn't the thread to try and have that weakness removed.

Okay. So to explain
  • Her powers explicitly work off of pain induced hypnosis. In other words she has to inflict damage on the person to hypnotize them, which is why Sweet Mask was immune since he just no sells her outside of the eye stab
  • If she does damage someone, they can resist being hypnotized with enough willpower
Garou has enough willpower to resist her, if for no other reason than he's copied Metal Bat's willpower magically. But you could easily make an argument that she's incapable of actually damaging him so it wouldn't work in the first place.
Sweet Mask has Resistance to Mind hax via being unaffected by Do-S
He shouldn't honestly.

Okay. So to explain
  • Her powers explicitly work off of pain induced hypnosis. In other words she has to inflict damage on the person to hypnotize them, which is why Sweet Mask was immune since he just no sells her outside of the eye stab
  • If she does damage someone, they can resist being hypnotized with enough willpower
Garou has enough willpower to resist her, if for no other reason than he's copied Metal Bat's willpower magically. But you could easily make an argument that she's incapable of actually damaging him so it wouldn't work in the first place.

He shouldn't honestly.
Agree with this. No OPM character has ever showed actual resistance to mind hax. Everytime they get hit with some sort of mind hax and resist it, ego/willpower is always mentioned right after.

Last edited:
No OPM character has ever showed actual resistance to mind hax
That is resistance to mind hax. Having enough willpower to resist a mental attack is a resistance feat, just look at Superman's profile for example
Resistance to Mind Manipulation (Through Torquasm-Vo, a Kryptonian mental technique, Superman can access his own inner consciousness and astral plane to build up psychic blocks and fight off telepathic attacks)
The reason I'm not for it here is because Do-S's ability does not work against people she cannot physically damage.

That is resistance to mind hax. Having enough willpower to resist a mental attack is a resistance feat, just look at Superman's profile for example

The reason I'm not for it here is because Do-S's ability does not work against people she cannot physically damage.
Well Fubuki was damaged and the mind hax still didn't work so she should at least receive supernatural willpower if not an resistance to mind hax for some reason

Last edited:

Yeah i guess you're right. But i also agree with Rez here in that whoever has demonstrated resisting it even after getting damaged should get Supernatural Willpower at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back