• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Garou mind manipulation resistance.

Do-s never said that his whip was coats in poison
Once again my speedreading of panels without actually going through them works against me.
It should be noted, amai mask caught the he whip. also, happens to be wearing gloves
That doesn't effect anything. Do-S even notes that he did it "With his bare hands" and more importantly her whip can still effect people through armor. It's about pain, not wearing stuff to catch the spikes.
Should also be noted that Do-S was planning on still controlling an exhausted Amai Mask as well.
Considering an exhausted and mentally shut-off Garou was immune to her, I doubt the veracity of her claim. Especially when her idea was to make a new MA with the possibly of making a pseudo-Orochi.
Amai Mask is theorizing, he says himself that his explanation is a guess. (3rd page, "My guess is...")

Do-S herself states the whip's power far earlier, and she says the whip gives a special stimulation when it hits you.
They're saying the same thing and more importantly, at no point does Do-S ever say that Mask is wrong. All evidence we're given supports his idea of pain-induced hypnosis and he was immune to her hypnosis by just being durable.

Considering an exhausted and mentally shut-off Garou was immune to her, I doubt the veracity of her claim. Especially when her idea was to make a new MA with the possibly of making a pseudo-Orochi.
Immune because he resisted it.
It steals their Willpower which as she states if you have a lot of her power doesnt work.

She calls him stubborn but never states she he was too durable to be damaged. He's weak to piercing damage as well and she conducted a full on session with him.

It steals their Willpower which as she states if you have a lot of her power doesnt work.
You're confusing two statements. She's saying her ability doesn't work on Blizzard because she has a strong will, but that doesn't discount that if the person she strikes doesn't feel pain she can't control them. The only time willpower would be a factor is if she actually damaged someone, which considering Mask was resistant to her I don't see why Garou also couldn't just tank everything.
He's weak to piercing damage as well and she conducted a full on session with him.
True, we have stated before that this form is weak to piercing damage which is why people don't scale to him for cutting attacks. If we accept that we have to accept that her whip would be able to pierce his skin for the same reason knife guy can stab Garou or B-Class heroes.

I guess in that case resistance to her hypnosis would make sense.

You're confusing two statements. She's saying her ability doesn't work on Blizzard because she has a strong will, but that doesn't discount that if the person she strikes doesn't feel pain she can't control them. The only time willpower would be a factor is if she actually damaged someone, which considering Mask was resistant to her I don't see why Garou also couldn't just tank everything.
We never see the interaction so we really don't know how the interaction went tbh. It might be headcanon on my end but it's possible Garou acquired resistance after becoming immune to Gyoro's esper powers. One could assume her powers fall under esp within the verse.
True, we have stated before that this form is weak to piercing damage which is why people don't scale to him for cutting attacks. If we accept that we have to accept that her whip would be able to pierce his skin for the same reason knife guy can stab Garou or B-Class heroes.

I guess in that case resistance to her hypnosis would make sense.
That seems reasonable, it does have thorns but I believe she can utilize her power with any weapon she touches tbh.

Back