• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Garou mind manipulation resistance.

Last edited:
He doesn't get the power as discussed multiple times before. Do-S' power works by inflicting pain on someone and using that pain to mind control them. Amai Mask was immune to her powers because she cannot hurt him.

Garou is just durable enough that she can't harm him, rather than resistant to anything. In the page itself she even mentions "his stubborn body" as resisting her, rather than anything mental or willpower related.
See now that's something that should have been mention in the OP for more context. I'm going to change my stance to neutral until a possible counter argument is made, if not, then I'll disagree for Qawsed's reasons.

He doesn't get the power as discussed multiple times before. Do-S' power works by inflicting pain on someone and using that pain to mind control them. Amai Mask was immune to her powers because she cannot hurt him.

Garou is just durable enough that she can't harm him, rather than resistant to anything. In the page itself she even mentions "his stubborn body" as resisting her, rather than anything mental or willpower related.
It’s never stated he tanked it, he was injured and unconscious. Same reason we don’t scale Zombieman to a weakened Carnage Kabuto.

It’s never stated he tanked it, he was injured and unconscious.
Which means nothing if Do-S can't get through his durability. She even stated his body resisted her attempts to control him, meaning that nothing she did could trigger the whip hypnosis.
Same reason we don’t scale Zombieman to a weakened Carnage Kabuto
This is an even worse case than that. While unconscious and unable to do anything she still failed to harm him.

Which means nothing if Do-S can't get through his durability. She even stated his body resisted her attempts to control him, meaning that nothing she did could trigger the whip hypnosis.

This is an even worse case than that. While unconscious and unable to do anything she still failed to harm him.
They’re both low 7-B, I see no reason why she couldn’t damage a weakened unconscious Garou. He’s also weak to sharp weapons as well.

Idk if it matters but Garou did eventually overcome God's mental influence on him and turn against him as well.

They’re both low 7-B,
Garou is "At least Low 7-B", the same tier as someone who is immune to her powers just by raw durability.

Idk if it matters but Garou did eventually overcome God's mental influence on him and turn against him as well.
After being beaten into submission and seeing his friend die by his own hands.

I'm against the resistance and it's just Garou being durable without the need to be resistant to hypnosis.

Garou is "At least Low 7-B", the same tier as someone who is immune to her powers just by raw durability.

After being beaten into submission and seeing his friend die by his own hands.

I'm against the resistance and it's just Garou being durable without the need to be resistant to hypnosis.
It’s never implied to be durability. The scan suggests he just resisted the hypnosis.

It’s never implied to be durability.
Amai Mask explains how it works. She hurts the person with her spiked whip and uses the pain to control you. It didn't work on Amai Mask because he's to durable and it's unlikely to work on Garou for the same reasonings.

Amai Mask explains how it works. She hurts the person with her spiked whip and uses the pain to control you. It didn't work on Amai Mask because he's to durable and it's unlikely to work on Garou for the same reasonings.
It didn't work on amai because he caught the whip instead of being hit by it.

Fubuki also resisted due to her "Strong will". She explicitly states Garou is stubborn.

Amai Mask is theorizing, he says himself that his explanation is a guess. (3rd page, "My guess is...")

Do-S herself states the whip's power far earlier, and she says the whip gives a special stimulation when it hits you.

Amai was never directly struck with the Whip, both times he came into contact with it he caught it with his hand, which he wore a glove on. She only ever hit him with her tongue, and that did harm him. (Here is the entire fight, except for what I included in the first one of my links.)

The whip isn't coated in any poison, she was also hit by her own whip. That's just nitpicking, she calls him stubborn because he was resisting the effects of her power.

Her power turns you into a mindless slave and he was also able to resist becoming mindless during his monsterizarion.

Back