• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Garou resistance to mind hax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emirp sumitpo

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Although I don't mind the proposal, isn't it shown through SM that she has to do at least a bit of damage for the mind control to work?

She's like mid demon at best while Garou is an unconscious low/mid dragon

I wouldn't be so sure, Murata now has to connect Orochi and Psykos in some new way (since Orochi is buried instead of splattered around) and I believe he will redraw the first encounter between Tatsu and Psykos.

Edit: Whoops, this isn't the general discussion thread, sorry for derailing.

Curious, how is this any different from this thread where it was deemed to be a weakness of the ability instead of some spontaneous resistance?

Garou should also have Supernatural Willpower for obvious reasons. That is probably the reason he could resist Mind Hax.

This is what they say in the page:
Characters with this ability may be able to resist enormous amounts of pain, act even when unconscious or well beyond what they should be able to endure, resist possession and mind control, affect their environment, or even go against natural phenomena, such as death or the limits imposed by reality.

Doesn't he already have it?
I can't see it anywhere on his profile.
And Fubuki should have it too

Supernatural Willpower is the ability to exceed one's own limits through sheer willpower to a degree extremely far beyond real human standards.
Well. Fubuki hasn't shown to do this yet so I don't think she should have it. She just resisted mind hax.
Garou can not only do the thing above but also do all of this:
resist enormous amounts of pain, act even when unconscious, and mind control.
Her willpower is nowhere near the extent of Garou's.

Well. Fubuki hasn't shown to do this yet so don't think she should have it. She just resisted mind hax.
Garou can not only do the thing above but also do all of this:

Her willpower is nowhere near the extent of Garou's.
I’m pretty sure this was almost unanimously accepted in another thread that never got added, the scan for justification was this, and it said strong will or sum, don’t know if this helps

I’m pretty sure this was almost unanimously accepted in another thread that never got added, the scan for justification was this, and it said strong will or sum, don’t know if this helps
Supernatural Willpower is the ability to exceed one's own limits through sheer willpower to a degree extremely far beyond real human standards.
Unlike Garou, what Fubuki does isn't extremely far beyond real human standards. What she does is above average. I'd only call it strong willpower for her but certainly not supernatural.

Garou's whole thing is his indomitable will and his unstoppable drive to become the strongest monster and break down superhuman society. He is so determined, that he managed to bounce back from the Tanktop Master fight in little to no time; continuously increase in power and skill during the fight against Death Gatling and his team, in spite of his increasingly worsening injuries and status ailments; endure the absolute bullying that Bang and Bomb gave him and still have enough power to fight back in the end; literally come back from near-death and accelerate his Monsterization process; shrug off the stab wound Orochi gave him and then the blasts of fire he attacked him with; resist Do-S' mind control while unconscious; briefly battle Superalloy Darkshine while unconscious and then rapidly accelerate his own transformation, pushing him further to the point of breaking his limits; and then forced yet another mutation after being nearly crushed by the Monster Association.

Garou is one of the best examples of Supernatural Willpower.

Last edited:
Also, before anyone argues that Do-S was lying about trying to control Garou, the only thing that was confirmed to be deceitful in her statement was where Garou was placed; and even then, Do-S quickly revealed that he was on a lower level of the base without much of a fight.

If thrs an issue with supernatural willpower, maybe we can put it in fubuki justification something like mind resistance possesses a strong enough will to resist Do-S control?

Imo I think Fubuki should have both mind hax resistance and supernatural willpower since Do-S blatantly states she resisted it due to her willpower. It's stated on the page for supernatural willpower that it enables you to resist mind control so why not?

Since thr seems to be some disagreements here, Thr should either be different tiers of willpower level or just add it to her mind hax resistance
If thrs an issue with supernatural willpower, maybe we can put it in fubuki justification something like mind resistance possesses a strong enough will to resist Do-S control?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back