• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Garfield's Regenerationn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

You should ask the members listed in the Garfield (Verse) page to comment here. I trust your sense of judgement though.

I've just asked Iapitus since I know he's defended the Regenerationn staying in the past. But if there's no input I'll ask the rest of the members.

I feel like I remember that it was agreed that it should be removed despite my wishes at the time. If this is true, then it should probably be removed. I can look at it again if you want, but it's been forever

Ahh yeah, please check again.

I don't have time to go watch it, but I think we need to go watch Garfield gets real, which is canon, as it is about this iirc. It acknowledges that, as cartoon characters, any damage they take doesn't last, but I need to double check the context behind it

Bump.

According to Iapitus, one of the canon movies establishes that the characters can regenerate. If this is true and the context justifies this, then the Regenerationn would stay, from my understanding of the Regenerationn rules.

Okay. That is probably fine then, but the degree of Regenerationn may need to be adjusted if we switch source.

If I recall correctly, it isn't exactly Regenerationn but it can manifest as such. It could also be said to be a form of invulnerability. I'm gonna need to go find a way to watch it

I also remember the movie being pretty bad, but it's what we do for this vs debating lol

Hm, so should I keep bumping the thread then? Or should I wait a few weeks for you to get around to watching the movie?

Bump?

Bump?

You can ask him via his message wall to comment here again if you wish.

I asked him, and he said he doesn't mind if I keep bumping (to see if anyone else has an answer), or if I wait for him to watch the movie.

The profile is supposed to only include canon parts. We largely do not allow composite profiles anymore: Editing Rules

Kk, I don't really know what is considered canon for Garfield so

Would we assume something isn't canon if it isn't stated to be canon?

The newspaper strip is canon. The cartoons and the movies are separate continuities.

I assume the games and the comics (not the comic strips, the comics published by Bongo Comics) are the same way?

Also, I'm pretty sure that Garfield should get timestop removed as that comes from the cartoon iirc

The melting feat is the same situation as the feat in the thread linked in the OP, so it would still need to wait on proof of other regen from Iapitus.

So which powers, and links to the associated feats, need to be removed from the page then?

Wait wait wait no no no.

That feat you linked has the exact same issues as the one in the OP.

Show where he regenerated from burns and injuries in the comics, or Regenerationn will still have to be removed.

Garfield gets real actually specifically deals with the comics in and of themselves. It's basically a story about the characters traversing the 4th wall between the comic and the """real""" world. It doesn't work if you say they are different from the Garfield in the strip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back