• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Garfield (Comics) Revisions Draft/Feat Discussion

So essentially this is going to act as the precursor to whatever revisions can be made in relation to the current page of Garfield

Essentially consider this as a page as some form of precursor to the potential to fully expand upon this current profile Right now I'll post my own ability additions but also the currently alive CRTs as well as any calc that could buff Garfield.

CRTs
none. Currently

Calcs that need to be checked out

Garfield Sinks the Continent (Multi-Continent level)

Accepted Calcs

Garfield pulls a piece from the moon (20.92 Ronnatons (Large Planet)

took a piece of the moon at speeds of 40% the speed of light! (Relativistic)

Garfield's law (Mach 4.6 Supersonic+)

This Pie hit the moon. Garfield dodged said pie (Relativistic+ Perceptions. Sub-Relativistic+ movement)

Sent Odie to the moon! (According to him) (City Level. Relativistic Combat Speed)

Ability Additions

Quite a bit tbh but need to organize first

Feats to Calc

Faster than the speed of dark! (Invalid Feat)

Last edited:
So uh, I genuinely don't like popping in and ruining everyone's fun... but like, almost none of these feats are legit.

Last edited:
So uh, I genuinely do hate to pop in and ruin everyone's fun... but like, almost none of these feats are legit.
Who told ya toonforce =/= legit? Bro's done three things involving the moon at least in some form; I say it's consistent. Plus there's still one comic (I believe it was brought up before in Ikekaggan's CRT) where Garfield more or less went to space.

Who told ya toonforce =/= legit?
It's a form of reality warping. If you "reality warp" a chunk of the moon, it's not a striking feat. Regardless there's precedent for ignoring feats that are just blatantly not treating things even remotely like they should be (just look at something like our standards for FTL KE or Black Holes), and more specifically I recall a bunch of cartoony feats getting tossed out for similar reasons (Off the top of my head, Bendy eating part of the Moon, ironically enough, was tossed out because it clearly wasn't the right size despite being the "real" moon. Some Popeye feats too).

That's not to say that all Toon Force feats aren't viable but I would ask that they act at least vaguely like the thing that's actually being calculated.

I've explained my reasoning further in most of the blogs.

Last edited:
The alternative is assuming that Garfield somehow has enough range, speed, AP, LS and to do this which is a massive thing to ask for the series' main feat. Additionally you're still assuming that TF reality warping happened in the scene because obviously he couldn't normally fit the Moon inside his belly so you can't even pull the "it takes less assumptions" card. Finally the visual gag of the Moon being cut like pizza doesn't even work if you take it literally given that pizzas are flat and the Moon isn't.

The alternative is assuming that Garfield somehow has enough range, speed, AP, LS and to do this which is a massive thing to ask for the series' main feat. Additionally you're still assuming that TF reality warping happened in the scene because obviously he couldn't normally fit the Moon inside his belly so you can't even pull the "it takes less assumptions" card. Finally the visual gag of the Moon being cut like pizza doesn't even work if you take it literally given that pizzas are flat and the Moon isn't.
You have Garfield eating stuff that wouldn't fit in his mouth without some form of elasticity and super digestion, which the feat would only be TF if he just hammer spaced it in his stomach which has never been the case since he obviously digests what he eats. Also the moon Chunk would obviously be taken out like a cheese wedge not a flat plate slice like a actual pizza. (2D visual effect =/= flat object)

You have Garfield eating stuff that wouldn't fit in his mouth without some form of elasticity and super digestion, which the feat would only be TF if he just hammer spaced it in his stomach which has never been the case since he obviously digests what he eats. Also the moon Chunk would obviously be taken out like a cheese wedge not a flat plate slice like a actual pizza. (2D visual effect =/= flat object)
Yeah but the whole joke is that it looks like cheese pizza because it's round flat and yellow, so it doesn't make sense if he's actually just eating a realistic bit of the moon which isn't flat

Also what do you mean eating billions of tons of matter in like two seconds isn't toon force

It's a form of reality warping. If you "reality warp" a chunk of the moon, it's not a striking feat. Regardless there's precedent for ignoring feats that are just blatantly not treating things even remotely like they should be (just look at something like our standards for FTL KE or Black Holes), and more specifically I recall a bunch of cartoony feats getting tossed out for similar reasons (Off the top of my head, Bendy eating part of the Moon, ironically enough, was tossed out because it clearly wasn't the right size despite being the "real" moon. Some Popeye feats too).

That's not to say that all Toon Force feats aren't viable but I would ask that they act at least vaguely like the thing that's actually being calculated.

I've explained my reasoning further in most of the blogs.
Alright! So here’s my rebuttal!

Most of these feats really focus on the idea of “improbablal means impossible” when sometimes this isn’t the case since it actually is possible for Garfield to achieve the moon eating feat

First off we know at the very least Garfield is fast enough to actually move his arms in that time frame we see in the moon feat with evidence of Garfield hitting odie to the moon

Secondly the shape isn’t impossible! The shape we’re proposing is similar to a crescent or a circular segment! So that really isn’t out of the question

Thirdly in terms of LS there is some consistent evidence for the major LS notably on the comics where he sinks an entire continent with his sheer mass Garfield on many different occasions has shown to be capable of supporting his weight so it isn’t out of the question to buff him out of Class 5

Also also in other media his gluttony has been taken to some extremes notably once eating a planet sized meat ball. Tbh this point seems to more argue the fact on if it’s an outlier this thread is currently testing if it is! Maybe reserve some judgement of this feat after more feats and abilities are found :333

I can note for the Pie Moon dodge. This is actually a reacquiring gag from Garfield! Garfield goes onto a fence treating it like his stage to the world where people tend to throw things at him. The power of these neighbors isn’t expanded but they have been portrayed as even stronger than Garfield himself evident in their ability to incapacitate him via these throwing obiects so these characters are stronger than the average human being. At the very least we do know the moon is real due to the setting just being Jon’s backyard

Yeah but the whole joke is that it looks like cheese pizza because it's round flat and yellow, so it doesn't make sense if he's actually just eating a realistic bit of the moon which isn't flat
That's a subjective opinion on the joke itself and not a objective statement.
Also what do you mean eating billions of tons of matter in like two seconds isn't toon force
Superman ate millions of burgers in one sitting but you don't see him gaining toonforce from it. A extreme digestive metabolism fits better than cop out toonforce.

Last edited:
I think the 7-B/Relativistic feat is fine, but I’m questioning a lot of the other feats

I can note for the Pie Moon dodge. This is actually a reacquiring gag from Garfield! Garfield goes onto a fence treating it like his stage to the world where people tend to throw things at him. The power of these neighbors isn’t expanded but they have been portrayed as even stronger than Garfield himself evident in their ability to incapacitate him via these throwing obiects so these characters are stronger than the average human being. At the very least we do know the moon is real due to the setting just being Jon’s backyard
Yeah but that just doesn't make sense with the issues I've outlined, it's visibly just some kind of prop given that it falls down.

I'm not going to get into the weeds of every single detail here but like, stuff like this, or like Popeye lassoing the moon... when shit doesn't act anywhere like it should, especially when a verse has very low interest in any sort of realism to physics, then it doesn't get used.

Yeah but that just doesn't make sense with the issues I've outlined, it's visibly just some kind of prop given that it falls down.

I'm not going to get into the weeds of every single detail here but like, stuff like this, or like Popeye lassoing the moon... when shit doesn't act anywhere like it should, especially when a verse has very low interest in any sort of realism to physics, then it doesn't get used.
I can understand that! I remember a similar thing happened with the recent cuphead show. However I have to question the relevance this has to the current feat we're talking about

I mean it'd be pretty epic if Garfield did scale to the moon bust! but currently what's being focused on is the Moon's distance. Aside from your prop-based arguments, I don't think there's much to counteract that. Let me fight that!

So as mentioned before this scene takes place in a consistent setting that being the night. These elements are very much supposed to be considered real and furthermore real sets of the world.

It feels weird to put in a looney tunes reference to an "Earth Shattering Kaboom" it also feels irrelevant to the validity of the feat. Comparing the sheer impact of how it's expressed. That is important for a KE feat but not really for a feat that involves dodging

For the size of the Pie, I believe that's more of a design aspect rather than physics itself breaking. In order to show the gag in full and to maximize comedy. for a larger splat.

It feels weird to put in a looney tunes reference to an "Earth Shattering Kaboom" it also feels irrelevant to the validity of the feat. Comparing the sheer impact of how it's expressed. That is important for a KE feat but not really for a feat that involves dodging
It isn't irrelevant at all. If the real moon fell on the Earth that'd be an apocalypse, not a "CRASH". This shows that it isn't the real moon.
For the size of the Pie, I believe that's more of a design aspect rather than physics itself breaking. In order to show the gag in full and to maximize comedy. for a larger splat.
I mean you're free to believe it but like... I don't, there's nothing to think that and it's consistent with the other issues.

Yeah, the pie fest overall just isn’t useable. It’s just a prime example of a toon force gag that has too many contradictions to actually be a valid feat

It isn't irrelevant at all. If the real moon fell on the Earth that'd be an apocalypse, not a "CRASH". This shows that it isn't the real moon.
The implication can be that the moon here is crashing in space rather than Earth itself! I'll concede on the other point tho ;333 you're fun to debate with!

Given this is basically the General Discussion thread for the Garfield verse according to the verse page, uhh... Has any new feats for the verse popped up since then?

Given this is basically the General Discussion thread for the Garfield verse according to the verse page, uhh... Has any new feats for the verse popped up since then?
Is there not a Discussion Thread for Garfield, nor Newspaper Comics in general or such? Maybe one should be made?
That said, I don't regularly read Garfield.

Also, anyone know what's to be done in this thread?

ga231221.gif
ga240107.jpg
ga230917.jpg

Back